We need to win at Port Vale

No chance I'm afraid and the blame lies firmly at Sheridan's feet.

Either he has money to strengthen or he doesn't and at the moment the evidence suggests that the owners are funding new signings but Sheridan is struggling to bring in the much needed new faces.

He panicked on January 31st and today he's signed another youngster on loan who may turn out a good un but we need experience. Oh yeah, Sheridan is trying and trying but all his targets want too much money to come here so he's bleating in the press. Ignoring the fact that other clubs around us appear to be able to attract decent players and I seriously doubt that they have the funds that we have. My gut feeling is that Sheridan simply can't attract these players, convince them to come here or persuade their owners to subsidise wages. He then panics at the last minute by drafting in fifth or sixth options and is embarrassed when his "targets" turn him down at the eleventh hour or walk out during the signing of contracts(!)

The crowds are dropping, interest is waning and the only remedy is to improve the product on the pitch. We need another striker despite bringing in this lad today on an emergency loan because the kids ain't converting and we need to win to get into the Play-Offs. Forget next season as the promotion push because fans are losing interest and are not prepared to fund another season that lacks ambition, preparation, resourcefulness and direction.

When Hughesy and Davies get back we'll be laughing.

The way I see it, if we don't win a game we should then we have to substitute that result with a game we don't really expect to win...ala Port Vale. If we win at Port Vale it will balance itself out.

I do agree that Sheridan is setting his targets too high, we should be looking in the division below us.....at a good striker banging them in like Glenn Murr- Oh.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

When Hughesy and Davies get back we'll be laughing.

The way I see it, if we don't win a game we should then we have to substitute that result with a game we don't really expect to win...ala Port Vale. If we win at Port Vale it will balance itself out.

I do agree that Sheridan is setting his targets too high, we should be looking in the division below us.....at a good striker banging them in like Glenn Murr- Oh.

did you actually go tonight then???

if you didnt then i suggest you get the highlights from somewhere,the first half was not very good,however we did carve out 2 decent chances.

second half we hit them and was unlucky not to win 4-2,yes we rode our luck but we deserved something more than a draw.

the new striker looks decent and not scared to run into the box,unlike the other two we have

murray cost 3 hundred thousand apparently couldnt afford him anyway.got enough strikers who should dothe business why cant we get someone to create chances havnt repleaced wellens or kilkenny hoping jarrett can do the job but if not no good havind mcdonald running from deep if theres no one to supply the pass wont do.allott has been superb all season remember him as a striker and he is a belting mid but aint creative.

Please can we forget about the play offs? It's embarrassing.

E4e

TWEAK

I agree. Tonight was another nail in the coffin of our playoff hopes, as was Saturday's result. We're simply nowhere near strong enough to produce a consistent run of results, never mind charging up the table into the playoff spots.

Please can we forget about the play offs? It's embarrassing.

E4e

TWEAK

SPOT ON!!

Allesandro deserves to be in the first team and i reckon he could keep davies out, just needs a goal.#

Out of 3000+ you could count the number of people on your hands, who stayed behind to clap the lads after a DRAW...

Thought that was shameful..

KTF for Mid Table finish.

We never boo away ......

did you actually go tonight then???

if you didnt then i suggest you get the highlights from somewhere,the first half was not very good,however we did carve out 2 decent chances.

second half we hit them and was unlucky not to win 4-2,yes we rode our luck but we deserved something more than a draw.

the new striker looks decent and not scared to run into the box,unlike the other two we have

Can't agree with any of that Ed other than the appraisal of our performance in both halves.

We were shockingly bad in the first half, probably as poor as it has been for quite some time, but I don't think we were that much better in the second half, the two goals glossed over very many cracks.

Swindon for me, whilst not being the best outfit in this division, took us to the cleaners tactically. They had big lads all over the pitch and played our kids and defenders for saps. They were constantly a threat at set pieces and played basic football that suited what they had on the pitch.

We had two quick kids up top looking for balls in behind the channels and we insisted on hoofing it up - the major culprit was Eardley who looks more and more suited to his countries national game than football week upon week. Stam, I have no idea where the adulation comes from. Rubes had his poorest game that I have seen since we signed him and was definitely at fault for the first goal.

Midfield was a sham for the whole of the first half, Allot improved with some drive in the second, but the rest were totally anonymous and it left us with two 19 year olds picking on scraps against as physically a collective they will have to come across this season.

Never at the races and IMO we were very lucky to get a point.

The only blessing was Taylor didn't get much of the ball - it gives him less chance to cock it all up.

KtF,

Derek.

I agree. Tonight was another nail in the coffin of our playoff hopes, as was Saturday's result. We're simply nowhere near strong enough to produce a consistent run of results, never mind charging up the table into the playoff spots.

I totally agree....

Seasons pritty much over now, not going up, not going down....

See what Shez can do in the summer....wasnt exepcting much this season but im expecting a strong play off challenge next season, its time fro shez to earn his money next term.....

Edited by oafc0000

Can't agree with any of that Ed other than the appraisal of our performance in both halves.

We were shockingly bad in the first half, probably as poor as it has been for quite some time, but I don't think we were that much better in the second half, the two goals glossed over very many cracks.

Swindon for me, whilst not being the best outfit in this division, took us to the cleaners tactically. They had big lads all over the pitch and played our kids and defenders for saps. They were constantly a threat at set pieces and played basic football that suited what they had on the pitch.

We had two quick kids up top looking for balls in behind the channels and we insisted on hoofing it up - the major culprit was Eardley who looks more and more suited to his countries national game than football week upon week. Stam, I have no idea where the adulation comes from. Rubes had his poorest game that I have seen since we signed him and was definitely at fault for the first goal.

Midfield was a sham for the whole of the first half, Allot improved with some drive in the second, but the rest were totally anonymous and it left us with two 19 year olds picking on scraps against as physically a collective they will have to come across this season.

Never at the races and IMO we were very lucky to get a point.

The only blessing was Taylor didn't get much of the ball - it gives him less chance to cock it all up.

KtF,

Derek.

fair enuff,but you cant deny we had 2 chances in the first half,and didnt take advantage of the wind sucking the ball back towards the goal....second half swindon used it and it worked with there repeated corners.

to be honest taylor had a good second half imo,tried to take the defenders on and get to the byline and put crosses in.if the two strikers had gambled a little more we could have won.lack of experience up front cost us.

agree about stam,he always makes at least one mistake,but tonight he was pretty much doing it all first half.there first goal was down to a lack of clearing it.

my only gripe on the tactical side is this,they warmed up pre game so they knew how bad the swirling wind was,so for me they should have been told to keep it on the deck.

Come on Derk. whilst I'll tell anyone Taylor doesn't deliver enough end product and flatters to decieve over that very point, he was our best player last night over all. Certainly first half he was the only player that seemed able to touch a ball let alone kick one! It's easy to see why Taylor gets plaudits and noticed by oppo fans or way Shez says he'd hate to have to mark him cos he does have the ability to run at defenders which does scare them and cause problems for them against a player that doesn't have that ability. That said Taylor needs to add more end product than he currently delivers to become a good un per se and only those that go regularly and see him can actually say that.