W11 D11 L11

Looks like a mid table sides results to me.been very unhlucky with injuries to key players,didnt go tonight as abroad but encouraged once again that providing we can keep hold of young players future could be bright?who knows

Not a travesty IMO but a tad disappointing, however the youngsters seem to be very promising with Alessandra being the pick of the bunch!

I'd seriously question whether this season is a travesty or not. OK, we need to put into perspective but have we developed or moved on from last season? I think we've gone backwards as we haven't replaced quality despite Sheridan given a budget to sweep the necessary changes back in the summer. Failure to address this over the last few months too has had a major impact on attendances and general interest. Fans are voting with their feet because we're lacking signs of ambition despite the early promise and there's a general feeling of apathy now amongst the management and players.

We may have peaked too early last season by reaching the Play-Offs but that was the benchmark for this season and Sheridan and his team has failed to deliver so far. Rather than seize the opportunity and readdress the situation, we seem to have written off this season already despite the guff spouted about trying to get in players. We're that desperate for new blood and if we can't convince players to come here when we're on the verge of a Play-Off place then questions need to be asked.

Failing this season will drive one extra nail into our coffin because fans are becoming impatient with the lack of progress and failing to deliver on promises. It is evident already with dropping crowds as we're failing to attract new punters to add to the diehards. Despite progress off field with the stadium development, I'm unsure how longer progress can be expected if we maintain our position in League One.

shez slagged off a lot of players after the blackpool defeat hence they didnt sign new contracts.players like edwards would have been useful this season but wouldnt sign as shez thought he could do better.kilkenny was a better long term bet than wellens but when didnt sign i dont really think he had a plan b.

Not a travesty IMO but a tad disappointing, however the youngsters seem to be very promising with Alessandra being the pick of the bunch!

I'd seriously question whether this season is a travesty or not. OK, we need to put into perspective but have we developed or moved on from last season? I think we've gone backwards as we haven't replaced quality despite Sheridan given a budget to sweep the necessary changes back in the summer. Failure to address this over the last few months too has had a major impact on attendances and general interest. Fans are voting with their feet because we're lacking signs of ambition despite the early promise and there's a general feeling of apathy now amongst the management and players.

We may have peaked too early last season by reaching the Play-Offs but that was the benchmark for this season and Sheridan and his team has failed to deliver so far. Rather than seize the opportunity and readdress the situation, we seem to have written off this season already despite the guff spouted about trying to get in players. We're that desperate for new blood and if we can't convince players to come here when we're on the verge of a Play-Off place then questions need to be asked.

Failing this season will drive one extra nail into our coffin because fans are becoming impatient with the lack of progress and failing to deliver on promises. It is evident already with dropping crowds as we're failing to attract new punters to add to the diehards. Despite progress off field with the stadium development, I'm unsure how longer progress can be expected if we maintain our position in League One.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Expect accusations of trolling and 'fishing' from certain happy clapping quarters, MB.

Although we are making big strides to grow in stature as a club the reality is that we are not one of bigger clubs in this league until the new stadium is built and we can get extra sources of revenue. We are around about the middle so mid table, while not great, is not sending us backwards in the way we are developing.

One thing that does disappoint me with Shez is that he didn't give the squad enough depth in the summer. Last year we had some luck with injuries tbh so our backup wasn't exposed a lot. This season we have lost Gregan, Liddell, Hughes and Pogs to injury for a large part of the season all of whom are important experienced players in our squad and we haven't got any replacements to fill in, thus we rely on youth. Even though the youth have done well we shouldn't be relying on them as much as we have done if we want to challenge higher.

An argument to this is that we've sacrificed depth to bring in higher quality starters and without these starters we would be lower than we are now with less hope of improvement. But if we are gonna push for the promotion spots next time around (which we have a good opportunity to do) we need to add to what we've got now instead of chopping and changing radically, that is how we are going to get the depth.

This is my main concern. Even in the darkest days of Ritchie managing under the penniless Brierley regime, what kept you going was a sense that those days in the doldrums couldn't last forever, and that, sooner or later, somebody would invest in the club and send us on our way again. Plus, we still had our Premier League/cup exploit credibility to draw upon: no matter how bad we were, people still took us seriously as a club going through the hard times.

Well, that 'somebody' who would invest has been twice over (albeit once in the form of the devil), and our position remains the same in all ways visible to public view. The failure to build on the hardcore fanbase through progress on the pitch will hamper any progress that stadium redevelopment-if it takes place-might be designed to help us make, as, the longer we remain in the doldrums, the less the people of the town and the surrounding areas will take us seriously. This will inevitably result in a readjustment of 'the plan' to being one not based around the idea of promotion, but one geared towards survival at this level. Suggest to people who were around in the Premier League days that they start coming on a regular basis again and half of them will laugh and the rest wll tell you to eff off. They might be glory seekers, but without them-and, more importantly, their kids-we are sunk in the long term.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Expect accusations of trolling and 'fishing' from certain happy clapping quarters, MB.

Get a grip Corporal.

Midsblue has posted something articulate and well constructed with reason for his opinion as opposed to piss and wind. He's also not posted it umpteen times in different guises on multiple threads while leaving an inflammatory comment at the end.

Unlike a certain fisherman/ troll who always ends his posts with "Expect accusations of trolling and 'fishing' from certain happy clapping quarters".

You are proving my point (and those of others) time after time.

Your second post in my opinion is much better. Lose the "they've all got it in for me" complex and quit the jibes and you may find that people will take you a little more seriously. I know that I would certainly enjoy reading this Board a little more since at the moment, your jibes are more common than dog turd on the pavement and increasingly difficult to avoid.

An argument to this is that we've sacrificed depth to bring in higher quality starters and without these starters we would be lower than we are now with less hope of improvement. But if we are gonna push for the promotion spots next time around (which we have a good opportunity to do) we need to add to what we've got now instead of chopping and changing radically, that is how we are going to get the depth.

We havent though, the only problem I have with sheridan is that he seems incapable of bringing in the happy squad player - we havent sacrificed depth for investment in top players - Hughes, Kalala, Allott & Davies will be on absolutely no more money than Wellens, Porter, Roccy & Warne.... Hughesy should be but he is on less than Porter, I dont agree on the fact we havent replaced with enough quality - I think that arguement is flawed and the players we have brought in are good enough... we just yet again seem to have absolutely no depth...

We absolutely need some average, journeyman, experienced league 1 pro's - the sort that knock about the lower leagues for donkeys years, stepping in when needed, and then going somewhere else - Roccy & Eddie are great examples - but we just dont have that... shez seems to amke comments that he will only improve the squad - great - but you need these fringe players to survive when things get tough like this.... he either seems to annoy these type of players (see Roccy and eddie) or sign turkeys - Dabo, Wood etc etc...

Clubs such as Tranmere, orient, Carlisle etc... have very average players - but have enough of them so they can chop and change if needed - the dont have as good players as us, however have depth so that they can batter us for consistency when our top performenrs get injured - the Trannies have had thier two best players injured for ages - yet are still doing ok...

As I say... nothing to do with replacing quality... we just need more of the average to support messirs Hughes, Davies, Gregan, Jarrett, taylor et al...

Get a grip Corporal.

Midsblue has posted something articulate and well constructed with reason for his opinion as opposed to piss and wind. He's also not posted it umpteen times in different guises on multiple threads while leaving an inflammatory comment at the end.

Unlike a certain fisherman/ troll who always ends his posts with "Expect accusations of trolling and 'fishing' from certain happy clapping quarters".

You are proving my point (and those of others) time after time.

Your second post in my opinion is much better. Lose the "they've all got it in for me" complex and quit the jibes and you may find that people will take you a little more seriously. I know that I would certainly enjoy reading this Board a little more since at the moment, your jibes are more common than dog turd on the pavement and increasingly difficult to avoid.

I don't think anybody has got it in for me personally, as I've said elsewhere and more than once. This is despite your taking the trouble to follow me round like one of those highly strung little dogs that snap around your heels. You quickly become used to them and, indeed, almost stop noticing them.

We havent though, the only problem I have with sheridan is that he seems incapable of bringing in the happy squad player - we havent sacrificed depth for investment in top players - Hughes, Kalala, Allott & Davies will be on absolutely no more money than Wellens, Porter, Roccy & Warne.... Hughesy should be but he is on less than Porter, I dont agree on the fact we havent replaced with enough quality - I think that arguement is flawed and the players we have brought in are good enough... we just yet again seem to have absolutely no depth...

We absolutely need some average, journeyman, experienced league 1 pro's - the sort that knock about the lower leagues for donkeys years, stepping in when needed, and then going somewhere else - Roccy & Eddie are great examples - but we just dont have that... shez seems to amke comments that he will only improve the squad - great - but you need these fringe players to survive when things get tough like this.... he either seems to annoy these type of players (see Roccy and eddie) or sign turkeys - Dabo, Wood etc etc...

Clubs such as Tranmere, orient, Carlisle etc... have very average players - but have enough of them so they can chop and change if needed - the dont have as good players as us, however have depth so that they can batter us for consistency when our top performenrs get injured - the Trannies have had thier two best players injured for ages - yet are still doing ok...

As I say... nothing to do with replacing quality... we just need more of the average to support messirs Hughes, Davies, Gregan, Jarrett, taylor et al...

Best post I've read for ages.

I don't think anybody has got it in for me personally, as I've said elsewhere and more than once.

Well there do seem to be an awful lot of people constantly picking you up for regurgitating your tired old rhetoric and indeed you yourself complain about "posters ganging up on you". It isn't personal (in an insult way) and I agree they haven't got it in for you but my point was that people don't take your opinion seriously. I think that has been proven time and again.

This is despite your taking the trouble to follow me round like one of those highly strung little dogs that snap around your heels. You quickly become used to them and, indeed, almost stop noticing them.

Well, I kept away from you for about 3 weeks. I had a week away and then when I read through the posts, your "messages" were on every other thread like a fisherman's groundbait. In the last day, I've interacted with you on 3 threads mainly because I am pointing out that you are continually proving that my opinions about you are correct.

I'll assume that when have fully stopped noticing my comments then you'll stop having the last word and also stop leaving a trail of groundbait on every other thread.

Don't worry about me stalking you though. I've got a low boredom threshold and my reason for using this Board is not simply to provoke an argument with every post. I leave that to the fishermen/ trolls.

Well there do seem to be an awful lot of people constantly picking you up for regurgitating your tired old rhetoric and indeed you yourself complain about "posters ganging up on you". It isn't personal (in an insult way) and I agree they haven't got it in for you but my point was that people don't take your opinion seriously. I think that has been proven time and again.

I often forget that Inspiral Carpet has a special insight into what every reader of these boards thinks about an individual's contribution.

I wish I had this ability to speak for 'people.'

Well, I kept away from you for about 3 weeks. I had a week away and then when I read through the posts, your "messages" were on every other thread like a fisherman's groundbait. In the last day, I've interacted with you on 3 threads mainly because I am pointing out that you are continually proving that my opinions about you are correct.

I'll assume that when have fully stopped noticing my comments then you'll stop having the last word and also stop leaving a trail of groundbait on every other thread.

Don't worry about me stalking you though. I've got a low boredom threshold and my reason for using this Board is not simply to provoke an argument with every post. I leave that to the fishermen/ trolls.

If you don't like a poster's contribution, you don't have to read it. What's the big deal?

I often forget that Inspiral Carpet has a special insight into what every reader of these boards thinks about an individual's contribution.

I wish I had this ability to speak for 'people.'

I guess that's because I read posts from the likes of Beeag_Teets; Garcon; Frankly_Mr_Shankly; Leeslover; OA_Exile and countless others all of whom are saying the same thing to you.

Special insight? No. Just the ability to read and comprehend.

You may want to try it sometime. I recall saying that on the very first thread where we "debated".

Anyway, I've had enough and will leave you to it.

I guess that's because I read posts from the likes of Beeag_Teets; Garcon; Frankly_Mr_Shankly; Leeslover; OA_Exile and countless others all of whom are saying the same thing to you.

Special insight? No. Just the ability to read and comprehend.

You may want to try it sometime. I recall saying that on the very first thread where we "debated".

Anyway, I've had enough and will leave you to it.

Sorry-I was under the impression that more than six people contributed to these boards. Thanks for putting me right.

I agree, good points.

What I was trying to say was that I wasn't sure whether the way we seem to have distributed the budget has been right or wrong. I also believe that the majority of players we've brought in are good enough but with the lack of depth and the fact that we'd filled our budget at the start of the year shows that we've spend more of the budget on better players than we could've if we had got more squad players. The players we have brought in may be on the same money as the four you mentioned that have left but they are still taking up the budget we have. Theoretically we could have spent the money that we did for Hughes, Allott, Kalala and Davies on 7 players of less quality, solves the depth problem but we lack the quality that we could have got from Hughes, Allott, Kalala and Davies.

Which way is better? I honestly don't know. But we could get the best of both worlds if we add to the better quality we have now in the summer window coming up! This is when Shez has the chance to earn his corn.

Good point well made.

shez slagged off a lot of players after the blackpool defeat hence they didnt sign new contracts.players like edwards would have been useful this season but wouldnt sign as shez thought he could do better.kilkenny was a better long term bet than wellens but when didnt sign i dont really think he had a plan b.

How was signing KK on a 6mth deal a better long term prospect than getting Wellens for 2yrs? KK was never gunna sign permantly.

How was signing KK on a 6mth deal a better long term prospect than getting Wellens for 2yrs? KK was never gunna sign permantly.

I think that in a nutshell is why our season never really took off. In hindsight we should have done our upmost to keep Wellens at the club, he wasn't pefect but he was the creative player that we have missed all season.

The dithering about waiting for Kilkenny at the beginning of the season led to our downfall as we were a quarter way into the season when he finally signed and then we had to change our style to accomodate him. We never really saw a Kilkenny at his best because he came to the club unfit and was carrying an injury, by the time he came to his peak he was off to Leeds!

One thing is for sure we have to get a midfield creator for next season, however they are in short supply for the money we have and an alternative could be to get a good wide player in and play with two wingers.