No chance we are making the playoffs

I think tonight pritty much ended any hope of a play off spot but I think we all know we are far from being good enough.

Im looking towards next season now. While I didnt expect much out of this season because we lost so many key players I am expecting a push for the play offs next term. We have a decent framework to build from I feel.

I think we need more creativity in the centre of the park and defo a winger. We also need a forward. Add these to the sqaud and I think all of a sudden we have a play off team. I am expecting Shez to add these faces in the summer and push for it.

I think Shez has taken alot of unfair stick this season. I said in November dont expect us to pick to many players up in the transfer window. Its never a good time of year for picking up decent players. But this excuess desolves in the summer and im expecting Shez to step up and plug up holes in the team. So im looking to us to rebuild for next year, maintain a top 12 place and then go for the play offs next term.

I think tonight pritty much ended any hope of a play off spot but I think we all know we are far from being good enough.

Im looking towards next season now. While I didnt expect much out of this season because we lost so many key players I am expecting a push for the play offs next term. We have a decent framework to build from I feel.

I think we need more creativity in the centre of the park and defo a winger. We also need a forward. Add these to the sqaud and I think all of a sudden we have a play off team. I am expecting Shez to add these faces in the summer and push for it.

I think Shez has taken alot of unfair stick this season. I said in November dont expect us to pick to many players up in the transfer window. Its never a good time of year for picking up decent players. But this excuess desolves in the summer and im expecting Shez to step up and plug up holes in the team. So im looking to us to rebuild for next year, maintain a top 12 place and then go for the play offs next term.

if we could just keep playing like we did tonight in the second half for the full 90 were not far off.

however come the summer,and the likes of jarrett livermoore this new striker all move on,were back to square one again,mass exodus and lots of new faces to gel again.

realistically think this season is now over.but im still keeping the playoff dream alive in my head.

if we could just keep playing like we did tonight in the second half for the full 90 were not far off.

however come the summer,and the likes of jarrett livermoore this new striker all move on,were back to square one again,mass exodus and lots of new faces to gel again.

realistically think this season is now over.but im still keeping the playoff dream alive in my head.

Who says they are going to move on ? Resonable chance of keeping them...

Tonight showed why I havent been bothering wasting my money the past few games. You read on here how 'its not all that bad', yet get differing opinions from people in the flesh who are somewhat reluctant at times to post on here how they really feel for whatever reason. Threads about the sub 4,000 crowds and the low crowds are utterly laughable. How can anyone expect people to come out and pay in excess of £20 to watch that. I really do doubt there's anyone on here who couldnt think of a better way to spend their hard earned if they seriously took of their blue tinted glasses.

Couldnt even string a pass together in the first half and when we did, it ended up at Taylor who was asked time and again to try and do it all on his own. Usually with three players on him. Plenty of hospital balls, passing to players already marked and then flapping arms when they inevitably lost the ball.

Swindon were very effective at set peices. Infact they were superb at them in terms of delivery and quality.

I was raving about Crossley's save just before there goal, but it doesnt look as good on the t.v which has just shown the goals on ITV.

We were fortunate we didnt get beat and can take heart that the 2nd half improved, though it wasnt hard. A decent team who will be challenging come May would have beat us and quite comfortably.

Quite simply - Not good enough.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Tonight showed why I havent been bothering wasting my money the past few games. You read on here how 'its not all that bad', yet get differing opinions from people in the flesh who are somewhat reluctant at times to post on here how they really feel for whatever reason. Threads about the sub 4,000 crowds and the low crowds are utterly laughable. How can anyone expect people to come out and pay in excess of £20 to watch that. I really do doubt there's anyone on here who couldnt think of a better way to spend their hard earned if they seriously took of their blue tinted glasses.

Couldnt even string a pass together in the first half and when we did, it ended up at Taylor who was asked time and again to try and do it all on his own. Usually with three players on him. Plenty of hospital balls, passing to players already marked and then flapping arms when they inevitably lost the ball.

Swindon were very effective at set peices. Infact they were superb at them in terms of delivery and quality.

I was raving about Crossley's save just before there goal, but it doesnt look as good on the t.v which has just shown the goals on ITV.

We were fortunate we didnt get beat and can take heart that the 2nd half improved, though it wasnt hard. A decent team who will be challenging come May would have beat us and quite comfortably.

so your to blame then for coming back again eh.hahahahah.

yeah i just seen the goals on itv,good job livermoore stuck his leg out as jarretts shot was heading for the corner flag.

£20 for league one football, not matter if your winning or loseing, its just too much.....

Problems this club face are faced by the rest of the teams outside the prem.....

swansea dont seem to have this trouble or bradford for that matter....or leeds....

i have said it for a long time now but there just isnt any innitiative or incentives to make the games look more attractive.

I really do doubt there's anyone on here who couldnt think of a better way to spend their hard earned if they seriously took of their blue tinted glasses.

I love Oldham Athletic. 20 quid is a lot, but when Oldham Athletic are at home there is no where I would rather be than sat in the Chaddy End. I just wish more people felt the same then we would not be struggling with such poor attendances.

Good point, also need to mention that Swansea and Leeds biggest crowds come in category c (cheaper) games (which is a practice I am not a fan of). And Bradford sold their season tickets at £140 for this season.

The price per game if you bought a Bradford season ticket was something like 6 quid !

I love Oldham Athletic. 20 quid is a lot, but when Oldham Athletic are at home there is no where I would rather be than sat in the Chaddy End. I just wish more people felt the same then we would not be struggling with such poor attendances.

struggling attendances is something we've had to deal with for years. It's nothing new, it wont change in the current circumstances so it's absolutely pointless mentioning it every single week - doing nothing but going round in circles.

As for Oldham being at home and not wanting to be anywhere else. Yes, there's always that urge inside most of us, particularly on this board that makes us want to be there - especially if they're just up the road. Then there's the part of the brain which tells you how you could spend money or things you'll actually get something out of and appreciate, rather than something that more than likely leaves you cold, wet, misreble and wondering why you even bother. Or are there seriously people who never suffer those symptons even after the worst of games, because even the most optimistic and well travelled fan I know from this season wonders just why he bothers alot of the time.

Oldham away is a different matter - mainly because the actual game generally plays a small part in the day, but for myself and many others I really cannot be mithered with home games at the minute.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Tell you what. Given we were really down to the bare bones tonight, I thought we did well to get a 2-2 draw.

Credit to Hazell, because as soon as Stam went off he kind of held us together a little bit; the only place we were really struggling was in the air.

Eardley had a decent first half, and battled hard but completely lost his head the 2nd half and looked a liability when that happens. This is when you need your players like Liddell and Gregan to be getting in his earhole and getting his focus back.

Alessandra, apart from going a bit quiet at the start of the second half worked tremendously well and looks a real threat in the pen box. Could have done with it going in of his arse for the first goal to get him up and running. Smalley had his best game in ages for us, just needed to anticipate the ball coming across when Alessandra spun and shot.

I think it'd have been 0-3 if it wasn't for Crossley. Pulled a fine save off to keep us in it at 0-1 and again in the 2nd half. he really earned us a point last night.

But, when you're down to the bare bones players invariably go missing. Macca, Jarrett and Livermore (first half) had poor games. It's frustrating that Shez persists on so many square pegs in round holes. Is it really absurd to try right footed players on the right wing and left footed players on the left wing?

Anyway, considering we've Davies, Hughes, Gregan, Liddell all out I thought we didn't do too bad given half of it was painful to watch.

Tell you what. Given we were really down to the bare bones tonight, I thought we did well to get a 2-2 draw.

Credit to Hazell, because as soon as Stam went off he kind of held us together a little bit; the only place we were really struggling was in the air.

Eardley had a decent first half, and battled hard but completely lost his head the 2nd half and looked a liability when that happens. This is when you need your players like Liddell and Gregan to be getting in his earhole and getting his focus back.

Alessandra, apart from going a bit quiet at the start of the second half worked tremendously well and looks a real threat in the pen box. Could have done with it going in of his arse for the first goal to get him up and running. Smalley had his best game in ages for us, just needed to anticipate the ball coming across when Alessandra spun and shot.

I think it'd have been 0-3 if it wasn't for Crossley. Pulled a fine save off to keep us in it at 0-1 and again in the 2nd half. he really earned us a point last night.

But, when you're down to the bare bones players invariably go missing. Macca, Jarrett and Livermore (first half) had poor games. It's frustrating that Shez persists on so many square pegs in round holes. Is it really absurd to try right footed players on the right wing and left footed players on the left wing?

Anyway, considering we've Davies, Hughes, Gregan, Liddell all out I thought we didn't do too bad given half of it was painful to watch.

Fair assesment indeed - the team he put out should have been good enough to win - you cannot blame shezza for Jarrett not being able to pass a ball - mebbe for Livermore playing left back - he struggled but he did well as makeshift centre half, cannot blame him for Hazell deciding to head instead of hoof or for all our injuries - good second half entertainment wise though - we nearly just nicked it in the end!