Time to Go John

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey my name is John Sheridan and I can't attract big players; I can only attract people like:

Michael Ricketts

Craig Davies

Neil Kilkenny

Mark Crossley

Lee Hughes

I also make terrible signings like:

Reuben Hazell

Mark Allott

Jason Jarrett

David Livermore

In my first season I only managed to get my team to finish 6th, when previously we finished 8th. Also, we had a disappointing F.A Cup, we only reached the 4th round and only managed to beat Doncaster away and Everton away. I am such a terrible manager that in my second season and with a new team I lie 8 points off the playoffs with a game in hand and a match against the team who currently sit 6th. That's put my team 2 hole points behind a playoff place. Boy I sure am a total failure. I should be fired A.S.A.P

I am not for having Sheridan out but I do have massive concerns about him and disagree with a lot of the above:

Michael Ricketts ( Signs on 3 year contract, loaned out after a few months, scores against us, now released from his contract )

Craig Davies ( Good signing )

Neil Kilkenny ( Plays for Leeds United )

Mark Crossley ( 39 year old goalkeeper hardly a coup )

Lee Hughes ( Was in prison and Barry Owen did the deal )

Reuben Hazell ( Top quality signing )

Mark Allott ( See above )

Jason Jarrett ( Not bad but a midfielder when we needed a striker )

David Livermore ( See above, also never played in posistion )

And lest we forget Miki Roque, Maheta Molenga, Luigi Glombard.

I wanted Moore out to watch good football and last night was not good football but at least Moore was making progress, kept us up and then finished 8th, last year Sheridan had Moore's team, this year it is definitely Sheridan's team and we have been going backwards since February last year.

some of you need a reality check. we have not had a full squad all season and what club at our level could be expected to cope with (now) SEVEN experienced first team squad players out. yes, there have been mistakes and yes, some things haven't worked out (eg Ricketts), and yes some players would rather go elsewhere (Kilkenny, Moore) but changing the manager wouldn't have altered any of that. there is no point in carping on about life and blaming the obvious fall guy. if you want an example of what not to do look to newcastle and sheffield united.

I am not for having Sheridan out but I do have massive concerns about him and disagree with a lot of the above:

Michael Ricketts ( Signs on 3 year contract, loaned out after a few months, scores against us, now released from his contract )

And lest we forget Miki Roque, Maheta Molenga, Luigi Glombard.

I wanted Moore out to watch good football and last night was not good football but at least Moore was making progress, kept us up and then finished 8th, last year Sheridan had Moore's team, this year it is definitely Sheridan's team and we have been going backwards since February last year.

micheal ricketts-now filed in the "where are they now section"...must have been "brilliant"-scored against us..but we are "crap" according most,so he's just a bit better than crap eh...

killkenny-plays for leeds-so what!! wasn't our player in the first place.

crossley-saved us more points than many would care to admit.

a question...just how flushed with cash do some people think oldham athletic are???

some of you need a reality check. we have not had a full squad all season and what club at our level could be expected to cope with (now) SEVEN experienced first team squad players out. yes, there have been mistakes and yes, some things haven't worked out (eg Ricketts), and yes some players would rather go elsewhere (Kilkenny, Moore) but changing the manager wouldn't have altered any of that. there is no point in carping on about life and blaming the obvious fall guy. if you want an example of what not to do look to newcastle and sheffield united.

:stupid::applause1:

If we change the manager again whats going to happen when we finish mid table again next year? are we going to sack them as well? What if we scrape into the play offs next season then finish mid table? sack him after two seasons and start all over again? Its just an endless cycle and if we continue in this vain whats the point in the fans continuing to go and the TTA continuing to back us as we will still be going through the same motions in 10 years time. We need some continuity and like it or not Shez has the job at the moment and needs to be given more time.

This season IMO has been one of over expectations, massive over reactions. We arent great but we arent awful, the league table shows that.

I was pointing out that Sheridan can attract some big players, regardless of how crap/well the signings turned out.

Shouldn't even be considering changing him. Although his comments about certain decisions might cost him his job worried me a touch. If we'd had a few of our injured players back rather than them all being out at once, I am sure we'd be in a much better position due to only a half a dozen or so more points. Would we then hear the same calls?

Guest oa_exile
The main reason in my eyes for keeping Shez is that I can't think of a single realistic replacement.

Shez needs to have learnt from his mistakes this season, other wise we'l struggle again.

I agree Coco BUT Shez has not learnt from his mistakes from last season .............. I hope has has now !

As he has quoted on the OS he needs to use the rest of this season to get his act together.

Sort out who the retaining list should be , get rid of what he thinks are the dead wood and make a big effort to get the replacements in early doors to work with the players instead of this last minute stuff.

Guest sheridans_world

Subject: 3. What is a troll?

There are four basic types of Troll.

------------------------------

Subject: 3.1 The old definition

The old definition of a Troll is one who posts to generate

the maximum number of follow ups. These are a very minor

irritation, and can be considered to be advantageous to

newsgroups.

Shez out... Not really.

I agree Coco BUT Shez has not learnt from his mistakes from last season .............. I hope has has now !

As he has quoted on the OS he needs to use the rest of this season to get his act together.

Sort out who the retaining list should be , get rid of what he thinks are the dead wood and make a big effort to get the replacements in early doors to work with the players instead of this last minute stuff.

Completely agree with that exile. Was having a conversation with Parigby a few weeks back (during the window) and he was saying that he feared that Sheridan was making the eaxact same mistakes during this window as he did the last. The fact that we have also had Greegs Lidds and Hughes all out injured has left us criminally short of experience.

I DO NOT think that getting rid of the manager is the right thing to do, but I think we have to see real progression next season, in terms of NOT seeing these mistakes recurring.

Completely agree with that exile. Was having a conversation with Parigby a few weeks back (during the window) and he was saying that he feared that Sheridan was making the eaxact same mistakes during this window as he did the last. The fact that we have also had Greegs Lidds and Hughes all out injured has left us criminally short of experience.

I DO NOT think that getting rid of the manager is the right thing to do, but I think we have to see real progression next season, in terms of NOT seeing these mistakes recurring.

Agreed that the same mistakes should not be made, but in my opinion Shez has done well in the transfer market. He doesn't just bring anyone in, just players who will improve the squad. Shez is doing a :sign0173: KTF

I watched this interview with gerard houllier, and he doesnt like managers taking over straight from playing, they need to learn under a man of experience, he said:

"in any other business you wouldnt get one of your bog standard workers to go straight into management of your company, but you do in football, they need to work under men who have acheived as manager, learn as a coach, then they can do great things."

I think shez was took on too early, I believe we should offer to keep him as a coach, aswell as tommy, and get a manager in who has won trophies, and has a proven record, i dont mean a million years ago, but possibly in late 90s or better (I say late 90s, because if they have acheived anything after that they probably wont come to us)

_1307329_talbot300.jpg

steptoe_150_150x180.jpg

I think that 2 things need to be done with the current situation

1 - we get off the backs of players just for putting 1 foot out of place - remember that this team is young, and players like Taylor, Eardley, Alessandra etc are at a point where they are taking in every little comment personally.

2 - Shez does need to look at where he is playing people - are they suited there? i know we will have a problem in defence now with Stammy out, but playing people out of position and with no reall formation is ludicris.

I can understand peoples frustration witho our position, we are the longest serving team in this division!! Just look at where Wigan and Stoke are, remember when they were common fixtures!!

Look at it this way, we could be like Bradford - they were in the top flight recently, and look how they have fallen!

I know there is little left and some people are questioning it, but KEEP THE FAITH!

I think that 2 things need to be done with the current situation

1 - we get off the backs of players just for putting 1 foot out of place - remember that this team is young, and players like Taylor, Eardley, Alessandra etc are at a point where they are taking in every little comment personally.

2 - Shez does need to look at where he is playing people - are they suited there? i know we will have a problem in defence now with Stammy out, but playing people out of position and with no reall formation is ludicris.

I can understand peoples frustration witho our position, we are the longest serving team in this division!! Just look at where Wigan and Stoke are, remember when they were common fixtures!!

Look at it this way, we could be like Bradford - they were in the top flight recently, and look how they have fallen!

I know there is little left and some people are questioning it, but KEEP THE FAITH!

Its hard to keep the faith with a manger that comes out with these comments every week and the same thing happens week in week out . also his tactic in the transfer market of selling 1 of our best young defenders and nw were in a situation with only 1 to pick and its clear he doesnt have control of the dressing room he seems to be wanting to be theres m8s rather than be there boss and show some authority. i think it shows how bad its got seen as i was telling people to give him time and now and am saying get rid of him

also his tactic in the transfer market of selling 1 of our best young defenders

What would you do? 500k + clauses now or 100k flat in summer? Considering we got him off the knackers yard and he was playing conference football recently, 500k+extra is a fantastic bit of business - and that is waht football is now, a business.

You mean like we did with Joe Royle?

Sheridan is learning all the time and we should stick with him. Changing manager every few seasons hasn't exactly done us brilliantly recently.

We do have to stick with, but one more season to see how he is progressing as a manager. His signings in the summer will be key as it looks like he is treading water until the end of the season now.

Last night was awful and a crowd under 4K does not bode well for season ticket renewals.

micheal ricketts-now filed in the "where are they now section"...must have been "brilliant"-scored against us..but we are "crap" according most,so he's just a bit better than crap eh...

killkenny-plays for leeds-so what!! wasn't our player in the first place.

crossley-saved us more points than many would care to admit.

a question...just how flushed with cash do some people think oldham athletic are???

about 1million squid!!!!!!