'If'...

trotman would only have said that if the option he`d been considering from latics was crap......which it must have been.

it is obvious that there is no way we offered to match prestons terms ( which we could have done ) or he would have obviously stayed here....... we bottled it yet again.

Oh I see. So it's all about money and clearly you know what Latics and Preston were both offering the lad.

So how come Trotman didn't go to Derby who were like as not prepared to pay him more than Preston since they are in the Premier League and therefore have greater financial clout? Their bonus scheme will probably pay more than Preston's overall offer let alone the wages.

The simple answer is that Trotman saw this as a good move for his career - plain and simple. After being cast on the football scrap-heap, you can perhaps understand why he weighed up his options very carefully and did what was best for his career rather than his pocket.

It isn't rocket science. But it's a little more complex than the poker game that you are suggesting.

"What does any personal tendency towards 'doom and gloom' or otherwise have to do with anything..."

because you're not exactly mr optimisic are you...there seems to nothing-absolutely nothing-of positivity concerning anything latics are doing at the moment or for the future,in your world...

alienated the diehards.....???? any facts?

some are fustrated ,some are unhappy,but alienated????

have you been on some questionaire round-up-you never asked me...

look at the current "shez-in or out" poll...very large propotion on there seem they want to give another season to shez..don't see much alienation there..

theres your facts...and its you whos playing the "wise guy".

oh,i aint your "matie".

so now we are waiting on these following facts to back up these points you are using as points.

1/average attendences for feb/tues night game at home.

2/your complete list of "alienated "fans you claim to know of

3/a complete list of these "facts of life" myeslf and all other shez supporters are obviously not understanding.

to use another posters phase credited to yourself..all piss and wind.

Where is it written down that people have an obligation to be optimistic, about football or anything else? When it comes to Latics then, no-my optimism went long ago. The is reason to see some light in the stadium idea-but it remains just that at present: an idea. The club's decline came at the worst possible time with regard to developments in the game, and the failure to arrest it over the past decade means that it will, quite frankly, take a miracle to get us out of this division.

Any proof that continuing mediocrity, making a mockery of claims that promotion is an aim, is alienating the diehards? It's the attendance dummies! As I said, wait for the season ticket sales and then you will see. Unless something drastic happens they WILL be nigh on disastrous. As I said, I'd be willing to put money on it. Alienation is what comes about when people drift away, rarely, if ever, to return. That, in case you haven't noticed, is what has happened to thousands since the heady days of the nineties, not all of them, by any means, so-called glory seekers. It is what is evidently continuing to happen. How many of us can say they're not acquainted with at least one former diehard who just can't be bothered anymore?

And by the way-you are the one who mentioned, 'the facts of life.' Matie.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Is that cos we dont have the cash though?

At the start of last season I said. "The squad isn't good enough, the first team maybe, but not the squad."

At the start of this season I said. "The squad isn't good enough, the first team maybe, but not the squad."

Most of the squad (not all) but most needs keeping and 4 or 5 need adding to it, to give us a realistic chance. But can we afford that? I doubt it.

no i dont beleive it is cash,especially when the chairman keeps coming out and saying we always back our managers with money,and just before the transfer window opened again we was told the money is there for the right player/s.