Decisions Decisions

I started something similar a month or two back, but seriously now, we aint gonna make the play offs, we are nowhere near good enough. So come end of season, who do you think should go who do you think should stay?

Out of Contract Players

Liddell: Release. Good servant to the club but on a big wage, and a club our size can not afford to carry people if we are to go anywhere.

Stam: Release. Been off the boil recently, injured again, i would bet for more than 4 weeks.

Macca: Keep. I initially thought to release as he goes missing too much but he has improved alot, and given ur current probs up front I definately think he is worth a punt!!!

Crossley: Keep, but bring in another keeper. Norm has defo saved us a few times this season but next yr he will be another year older. Either bring in a young keeper who will potentially replace him, or bring in a first choice keeper and have norm as no2.

Loanees

Livermoore: Keep if possible. Steady player who can play comfortably in three positions. Good left foot. Would make a good captain too (he was captain of milwall wasnt he when they got to fa cup final)

Jarrett: Undecided. Had a shocker last night but will make mind up at end of loan period

Other Players:

Thompson: Others would defo say get rid here, but I still think he was playing injured at the start of the season. give him a chance to get fit and give him a run in the team, if he still doesnt impress then release. Although it wouldnt surprise me if he left anyway.

Opinions please....

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Keep:

Crossley

Eardley

Stam

Hazell

Lomax

Allott

Hughes

Davies

Sell:

Taylor

Release:

Liddell

Gregan (payoff)

Kalala

Macca

Thompson

Loan out:

Smalley

Allesandra

Wolfenden

Black

Sign:

Jarrett

Livermore (if he renews his loan deal and impresses)

Two strikers

Two central midfielders (hopefully one with creativity)

A right sided midfielder

A left sided midfielder

Two defenders

A goalkeeper

Guest oa_exile
Loanees

Livermoore: Keep if possible. Steady player who can play comfortably in three positions. Good left foot. Would make a good captain too (he was captain of milwall wasnt he when they got to fa cup final)

Jarrett: Undecided. Had a shocker last night but will make mind up at end of loan period

Other Players:

Thompson: Others would defo say get rid here, but I still think he was playing injured at the start of the season. give him a chance to get fit and give him a run in the team, if he still doesnt impress then release. Although it wouldnt surprise me if he left anyway.

Opinions please....

Agree apart from , I dont think we will keep Livermore due to the wage structure of the club.

Jarrett : Apart from his debut I have not been impressed since.

Thompson : He has been a liability this season BUT he has been niggled with injuries ALL season.Just bad luck i suppose.

I am 50/50 on do we take a chance on next season or just pay him off ?

I'd see how fit Liddell can get. Interview in the programme last night and he's confident he can come back and do the business but can we afford it should he break down again? Maybe offer a Stam style one year deal, he did well enough with the initial three year deal to be fair.

Stam, pretty unsure myself. Last night might see him off. All depends on what Shez has planned for the summer. Greegs will be back, Hazell will still be here. Might fancy a new centre half.

I'd keep Macca and Crossley but maybe have a look for a new number one if possible or at least a more experienced back up.

Livermore and Jarrett I am completely undecided on. Jarrett had a few good games, not so great yesterday but we've got more time to make a decision on him. The injury to Stam might rub out any chance of Livermore staying on with us.

Thompson, no idea, hardly played and wouldn't be surprised if he was off.

I started something similar a month or two back, but seriously now, we aint gonna make the play offs, we are nowhere near good enough. So come end of season, who do you think should go who do you think should stay?

Out of Contract Players

Liddell: Release. Good servant to the club but on a big wage, and a club our size can not afford to carry people if we are to go anywhere.

Stam: Release. Been off the boil recently, injured again, i would bet for more than 4 weeks.

Macca: Keep. I initially thought to release as he goes missing too much but he has improved alot, and given ur current probs up front I definately think he is worth a punt!!!

Crossley: Keep, but bring in another keeper. Norm has defo saved us a few times this season but next yr he will be another year older. Either bring in a young keeper who will potentially replace him, or bring in a first choice keeper and have norm as no2.

Loanees

Other Players:

Opinions please....

Lids - i'd keep him unless we bring in someone better than him. He would probably have to take a wage cut though

Stam - i'd keep him too, he's on pay as you play this season so i see no problem in him being given another one next season

Macca - Keep

Crossley - would probably keep him too, he has made some excellent saves this season but isn't the most agile of keepers. would definately need to bring another decent keeper in too though

Jarrett/Livermoore - would think about keeping both of them but it depends who else is available over the summer

keep Thompson, he isn't a bad player he just didn't get off to a good start think we might see a different player next season

Lids - i'd keep him unless we bring in someone better than him. He would probably have to take a wage cut though

Stam - i'd keep him too, he's on pay as you play this season so i see no problem in him being given another one next season

Macca - Keep

Crossley - would probably keep him too, he has made some excellent saves this season but isn't the most agile of keepers. would definately need to bring another decent keeper in too though

Jarrett/Livermoore - would think about keeping both of them but it depends who else is available over the summer

keep Thompson, he isn't a bad player he just didn't get off to a good start think we might see a different player next season

Lids is a fantastic player no doubt but he is 33 or 34 now, and on a fair whack, and only really played a full season last yr. His first season and this season he missed half of it due to injury

I think whatever little money we do have will be better spent elsewhere

Lids is a fantastic player no doubt but he is 33 or 34 now, and on a fair whack, and only really played a full season last yr. His first season and this season he missed half of it due to injury

I think whatever little money we do have will be better spent elsewhere

I dont belive we can get anyone better than Liddell.....

Keep:

Crossley

Eardley

Stam

Hazell

Lomax

Allott

Hughes

Davies

Sell:

Taylor

Release:

Liddell

Gregan (payoff)

Kalala

Macca

Thompson

Loan out:

Smalley

Allesandra

Wolfenden

Black

Sign:

Jarrett

Livermore (if he renews his loan deal and impresses)

Two strikers

Two central midfielders (hopefully one with creativity)

A right sided midfielder

A left sided midfielder

Two defenders

A goalkeeper

Sign 9!!!! new players!! Loan out Alessandra and Smalley.....release Lidds, Greags, JP?!?, MACCA?!?

As the often controversial John Mcenroe used to say....You cannot be serious!!

I agree it would be nice to replace 1 or 2 of these players with better players but we can't even make one permanent signing in transfer windows, never mind 9!!!! :shock:

Just looking at the original post about who to keep, sell etc. If all this was to happen, loaning out players, getting rid of a load, what platform does Shez have to build his team on!

Other posts want Shez out, and other posts want the team out. Why don't we just sell up and go to Rochdale! (not really). Whilst there is movement between clubs with the transfer of players, if we keep changing the ingredients, we are going to end up with on bad tasting cookie! The squad needs time to merge, marinate if you like. I reckon that we are safe this season, Playoffs are a no go (but i am prepared to eat my words) Once this season is over, and the new one starts, that is when we will see if things are going wrong.

Just my humble opinion, but i'm sure it's better than the bloke who sits behind me who thinks every tackle is a booking! If his opinion mattered, we'd end up with 5-a-side after 10 minutes!!

Keep:

Crossley (Second Choice/Goalkeeping Coach)

Eardley (Work all Pre Season on how to overlap like he used to / Play the ball to feet)

Stam (Pay as you Play only / Back up / Again teach him how to play simple instead of hoof)

Hazell (Teach him to not lump it anywhere like last night)

Lomax

Allott

Hughes

Davies (Teach him how to pass and be a team player)

Taylor (Play him on the right / Get Tommy to teach him a few tricks)

Liddell (Pay as you play / 1yr deal)

Gregan

Macca (Don't play him right wing / I'd even work on him at right back just in case)

Alessandra

Smalley

Release:

Kalala

Thompson

Wolfy

Loan out:

Black

Sign :

Jarrett

Send Back :

Livermore (If we can draft in a couple of left sided players)

There was a very good assessment by Derek Wilson in another thread somewhere - someone might want tocopy that over or link it.

(I don't agree with all his views on players, but it would be worth throwing it into the mix here).

In fact, here it is:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=105940

Edited by garcon

Keep

Crossley First choice with a good youngster able to fill in for him (and for him to coach)

Eardley - unless silly money offered

Hazell - top signing

Lomax - will play 20+ games next season

Allott

Hughes

Davies

Taylor - some people need a hate figure

Liddell - on reduced terms

Gregan - capitano

Macca - but needs to keep form up for regular first team place

Alessandra

Smalley

Release:

Stam - nice guy, ace bird, not all that good and too injury prone

Kalala - kills too many moves, not worth keeping for the odd backs to the wall game

Thompson - if we get an offer, take it. If not, maybe he can turn opinions around

Wolfy - I fear another prolific youth who can't quite do it at 1st team. Can't get into a game.

release

smalley- missed to many open nets for me just doesnt have the goal instinct

wolfy- never going to make it

thompson- waste of time and money

kalala- just taking up wages that can be spent elsewhere

dont renew

jarrett unless he improves drastically- i fell we can get a better player for the wage

livermore

robertson- whats the point in getting him anyway

keep

stam- has to be just a 1 year contract

lids- 1 year deal

macca- tie him down to a 3 year deal

allessandra- bright future

gregan- essential- wil have all summer to get fit

taylor- everone says get rid but i feel we will play him on the right next season and sign a left winger

crossley- showed what hes capable of- a further year

In summer our targets should be

gk- back up for mark

left back

creative midfielder- worht a punt on wellens back if donny go up

left winger

striker to back up davies and hughes (or a big name- a major coup) e.g. freddy eastwood

Just a reminder that some of the players metaphorically being shown the door by you guys are under contract beyond the end of this season.

By my reckoning those contracted beyond 2008 are - in no particular order

Eardley 2010

Lomax 2011

Gregan 2009

Thompson 2009

Hazell 2009

Taylor 2009??? Can anyone confirm this one?

Kalala 2009

Allott 2009

Hughes 2009

Davies 2009

Wolfenden 2009

Black 2010

Just a reminder that some of the players metaphorically being shown the door by you guys are under contract beyond the end of this season.

By my reckoning those contracted beyond 2008 are - in no particular order

Eardley 2010

Lomax 2011

Gregan 2009

Thompson 2009

Hazell 2009

Taylor 2009??? Can anyone confirm this one?

Kalala 2009

Allott 2009

Hughes 2009

Davies 2009

Wolfenden 2009

Black 2010

Taylor is under contract till 2010 BBC

Out of Contract Players

Loanees

Other Players:

Opinions please....

crossley,--- keep as keeper coach and back up for first team,done well since being injured but every dog has its day,bring in a new keeper

eardly keep-- unless someone comes in with a stupid offer,then snatch there hands off

hazell -- keep,apart from last night he has been outstanding all season,best bit of buisness shez has done so far

stam---toughie but with his injuries i would be tempted to either offer him a 12 month deal or pay as you play deal,prone to the odd mistake

lomax---keep,very good prospect hasnt let us down when played should be played more

thompson--release or sell on,not worked out for both sides,just one of those things

greegan-- keep,his experience has been sadly missed again,hasnt played much this season so with a good pre season he will be back to normal

mcdonald-- offer him a 12 month deal,on his day he is good,but it just doesnt happen often enough

allott--player of the season,keep

kalala--get rid im affraid,hasnt exactly been outstanding when he has played and is just taking up wages

taylor---keep unless we get a silly offer,suffered a bit this season but can and will improve

liddell,--keep,offer him a 12 month deal and maybe a coaching roile to help the youngsters work on crossing and passing,a fit liddell is always worth having

davies--keep,again unless we get a stupid offer,needs to improve his awareness and team spirit more,still lots to come from him

hughes--keep,was always going to be tough this season,i think next season we will see a different player and lots more goals

smalley--keep,shown some good touches and stepped up well,not quite there yet but one for the future

allessandra-- keep,again has done well to step up,but again not quite ready,will benefit from this seasons exploits

wolfy--reserve player,or loan him out like we did with trottman,didnt do him any harm.

loanees

jarrett--if we could keep him i think he will improve,not seen the best of him yet as he hasnt been fit,but would like to keep him

livermoore--doubt he would sign,but he has experience and a good touvh,could be good for us.

robertson--not seen enough of him yet,doubt we would sign him though.

think if we could sign a decent keeper,and a couple of strikers,plus an out and out winger and a good strong defender we wont be too far off.

Guest sheridans_world

Keep:

Crossley

Taylor

Stam

Hazell

Lomax

Allott

Hughes

Davies

Gregan

Kalala

Macca

Smalley

Allesandra

Sell:

Eardley

Release:

Liddell

Thompson

Wolfenden

Pogs (Already gone, if not injured i would have kept)

Loan out:

Black

Chalmers

Pearson

Sign:

Jarrett

Livermore

One striker (Replace Wolfy)

One Left midfielder (Replace Liddel (Taylor goes on Right))

One defender (Replace Thompson)

One goalkeeper (Replace Les)