210 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes, he should be sacked
    • No he shouldnt be sacked
  2. 2. If Yes, how about timescales, Shez should be sacked

• Now
    • at the end of the season if we dont reach the playoffs
    • before Christmas is results dont pick up and we have inadequate players
    • after the January transfer window if there are no moves or we are doing nothing in the league
    • at the end of next season if we dont get playoffs/promotion
    • SHOULDNT BE SACKED ANYWAY!!

TBH this whole Shz out thing is boring ... i mean were a club who are stable .. we arent going down. Weve a young squad who`s been robbed of vital players ... Greegs, Lidds, Hughes and then Davies recently. The second half wasnt bad yesterday, and were not to far away from being a good team who can challenge, need abit of luck and afew signings .... but we also need patience and time. Sacking a manager who actually gives a damn about the club is a step backwards for me ... we`ll end up with another Moore/Talbot who dont really give two hoots about us. Shez is LEARNING ... he needs TIME ..

At the end of the day all this talk has come about as weve not won .. if we win on saturday the Shez outers will quieten and wait for the next defeat .. the same people who im sure werent moaning after Everton, after Leeds, even after Carlisle at home. Many football fans, like our nation as a whole it seems wait for people to fail and criticise .. rather than stand up and encourage. (im not involving everyone there, theres many a fantastic blue fan, but theres also plenty of nobs).

Rant over, thought id through my two pennenth in.

This so called Latics fans who booed at half-time should be disgraced with them selfs. Give this man a chance we are still in a hunt for a play-off spot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This so called Latics fans who booed at half-time should be disgraced with them selfs. Give this man a chance we are still in a hunt for a play-off spot

I disagree. I would never boo and it annoys me to hear it. Last night though, I could fully understand why so many vented their feelings in this way.

As for the Play-offs - of course there is still hope as it is still mathematically possible. But we will have to improve tremendously and then hope we get a massive amount of luck. Can you really see that happening with the way that we have performed so inconsistently this season? As was said a few days ago, we have not won more than two games on the trot despite a run of seven successive away victories.

Let's be frank, the 1st half last night was garbage and the 2nd half, although an improvement, was still mediocre at best.

BUT

We're missing key players due to injury who would have made a difference.

We're playing a bunch of "not-ready" young players (Smalley, Allesandra to name 2) as a result.

We're still lacking creativity in the squad, even if we didn't have any injuries. We've no Wellens replacement yet.

We've got a manager who is learning his trade and, yes, he WILL FECK IT UP SOMETIMES!!!!

I gave up on promotion weeks ago cos it was obvious we are not good enough and we are not capable of putting together a consistent run of performances to secure enough points. In my view, we are a worse team than last season primarily because we have no creativity and lack a consistent goalscorer. Some of it could be lain at Shez's door cos he signed some of them, but I'll refer you to my fourth point above.

Will he get it right? Only time will tell, and if we're sat here a year from now and things haven't improved then maybe it will be time for Shez to go. Let's wait and see, shall we? Or shall we have a Ronnie Moore-style season ticket boycott and force him out in the summer?

I mixed on boo-ing .. end of the day we pay so we have the right to boo ... i mean its nothing personal just saying buck your ideas up.

nope, the clues in the word SUPPORTers. ok, vent frustration on here, in the pub, on the cat/dog/insert other pet here, but never, ever boo your own team. if, as has been claimed in the past, sheridan reads this board, he will be aware there is an element of unhappiness amongst the support (or at least you would hope he is!) and will be making changes as he sees fit, if people dont like the moaners, christ can you imagine a players dread for the 2nd half after being booed off? no-brainer on my part.

IMO Sheridan is being tight with his money so that next season we can keep the majoirty of the players currently at the squad AND add a couple of more new faces i expect maybe 2 or 3 to leave in the summer probably Thompson, Kalala but i strongly expect sheridan to sign around 5 or 6 new players. Thus providing us with the larger squad we have never had allowing us to sustain a strong push all season. Like Donny, Forrest and leeds....they always can pull someone out of the bag. The fact is we didnt have this fundling at the start of this season and doing it half way through the season IMO is too late.....Sheridan is doing the right thing imo settling for about 10th position saving th money and getting the quality players who are out of contracts in the summer. Everyone knows no teams let their better players go in January barring the odd glenn murray....lets just be patient next year will be good i feel it in my blood!!!

Well for those who aren’t quite sure where I stand here goes. :blush:

Sheridan out! And now!

The seasons dead and buried now is the time to bring in a new manager so he can have time to evaluate what we have and where we can strengthen preseason.

Those that say Sheridan has a long-term plan make me laugh though,

he hasn’t a plan for 90mins why the hell would he be capable of planning long term success?

This season was his season to make his mark and he’s failed.

We have all read his comments and seen the effect they have on the players the game after and that’s NONE!

Same old tired excuses that could apply to every game we play, no positive significant change in the midseason transfer market, and plenty of weird comments yet no managerial decisions to back them up.

If this was an employee in the private sector of business he would have failed his probation period and gone by now!

No room for sentiment.

No room for sentiment.

It's not about sentiment, it's about sense.

Sack Shez, pay him a wedge to feck off, and do what exactly? Not exactly a glamour club who's gonna attract a significantly better alternative, are we? We have had a steady stream of underwhelming managers in recent years (Dowie aside) and I don't honestly think we would be better off with Shez sacked and yet another gob:censored:e journeyman manager in the driving seat.

Some will trot out the old chestnut about promoting from within and insist that Duxbury/Wright/Phillis gets a go at being manager, but we've just done that with Shez, haven't we?

It's time to be realistic.

Edited by tactically_naive

Wow imagine what it will be like when we lose............

Ohhhhhhh Johnny Johnny, JOhnny Johnny Johnny Johnny SHERIDAN!!!

We are Oldham Athletic not chelsea we cant buy success we have to work at it and its his first season in charge with his players and hes working with what hes got and given the youth a chance and that aint all bad when there producing Lewi Deano Tayles and Calvin.

At the minute we aint a playoff side were a bottom half side so cut all the playoff hopes talk.

We got there by fluke last season and a new manager giving the place a lift saw us have that last push.

Heres a question how many years did it take for us to get playoffs after Dowies era? We shouldnt expect to get playoffs because we got them last year after everybody left and we started again. In 03/04 we was 15th this time that season after failing to win promotion and after players moving on.SO ITS IMPROVEMENT.

KTFaith

Look forward to hearing the shez out brigade after we beat the Vale.

nope, the clues in the word SUPPORTers. ok, vent frustration on here, in the pub, on the cat/dog/insert other pet here, but never, ever boo your own team. if, as has been claimed in the past, sheridan reads this board, he will be aware there is an element of unhappiness amongst the support (or at least you would hope he is!) and will be making changes as he sees fit, if people dont like the moaners, christ can you imagine a players dread for the 2nd half after being booed off? no-brainer on my part.

1) Wtf, who the hell are you to tell people what they can and cant do at a bleeding football .. unless you pay them in pipe down!

2) Well, the booing and a Shez rollocking didnt seem to harm them second half did it ... so that point kinda goes down the drain.

I dont really like booing during the match, after a bad pass etc as that singles people out and affects performances, however if the team as a whole are playing poorly, or just arent fighting why cant people tell them ... its only a boo for christ sake.

Ohhhhh Johnny Johnny!! :grin:

Edited by kellys_discopants

I think we need to start fresh, get shez to tell the lads at the end of the season to treat him like a new manager, and tell them theres no room for anything but hard work, any players disagree get rid of em and get someone else in,

I think theres a bit of a morale dip in the players, I think if we got 2 straight wins morale would increase, but right now there is something of a "cant be bothered" look about them, might not be, but just looks like that,

start of season sort out who to stay who to go, get straight into the market, dont wait for anyone, give them deadlines to get back to us

We have got to give hime time. 20 months is not enough time for a manager, plus its not like he has been doing a bad job anyway. Playoffs las year, still in with a good shout of top 10 this year and also beat a top premier league side away in the cup. In another two seasons after this one he will have had 4 years as manager. If we are not an automatic promotion chasing side in two years then we can start looking and saying "well he has had time, so where now". But we are definitley not going to find success chopping and changing the manager ever 12 moths to 2 years.

Think it is totally disgusting that a fifth of Oldham fans posting on here think Shezza should go - utterly ridiculous - yes everyone has an opinion but come on guys, it's his second season in charge and we were soo close last seas (barring the burnout at the end) - we have had some cracking results, some memorable matches - yes this season has been a bit of a damp squid at BP but give him just a little more time with a fully fit sqaud, I really think we will be serious challengers next season (if we dont scrape in this season of course) - In Shezza We Trust!

Guest sheridans_world

Look at the most successful managers at the moment, scum and gooners. Both managers have been at the clubs years and years. Now look back at our own club, Frizzel and Royle, both here for 12 years (i think). It took Royle 6 years (i think) to win anything.

Managers need time, they need to mould teams to their style and play their football. You cannot expect a manager to sign a perfect team in two seasons. It just doesnt work. Its basically like starting a company that needs 20 employees in the space of 6 weeks. I can guaruntee that you will not be left with that original 20 within twelve months, you weed out the people that are not team players and bring other people in, sometimes more qualified.

Shez has the start of a good team here. The back-bone are present, Eardley, Hazel, Allott, Macca, Taylor, Davies and maybe from now on Lomax are all in the first eleven without question. They make up the team that is Oldham Athletic. Hughesy, Stam, Gregan and JP are all part of the squad (when everyone is fit) but are (In my opinion) not (at the moment) a crucial part of the team(granted hughesy through no fault of his own). Shez can use these players, knowing they will consistantly do the job and add to them. Making us a playoff side next season. At that point we should be able to choose a first eleven based on the best eleven players at the club with the likes of Stam, Gregan and JP there to step in if needed. We will have a true squad of 15/16 players. With kids on top of that.

The key thing in all this... Time.

Key difference S_W, between today and the era of Royle/Frizzell, is player power. With the intro of the bosman, and the constant chopping and changing of playing squads, managers nowadays can't really bank on being able to build a settled squad, not unless they get some instant success and can then take that side forward. A couple of seasons of 'building' will see players contracts expire, and them then :censored: off somewhere they can get a better deal.

I can not belive that 16 people have voted him out by the end of the season....its beyond words....modern football is a joke...

I'm surprised that you find it beyond words mate.

If he were not a popular former player then I am certain there would be more than 50% demanding his head by now.

Guest oa_exile
I can not belive that 16 people have voted him out by the end of the season....its beyond words....modern football is a joke...

Expectations , Some fans expected more this season , which has not happened.

Guest sheridans_world
I'm surprised that you find it beyond words mate.

If he were not a popular former player then I am certain there would be more than 50% demanding his head by now.

I dont agree, granted I have a fondness for Shez but as far as I am concerned he is the manager and its on his head. My view wouldnt be different looking back logically at what he has done.

Season One.

Reduced budget, paid previous manager and assistant manager off, paid several high earners off. Achieved playoffs with little or no spending.

Season Two.

Cleared out rest of players that wernt going to make it, failed to retain players who have gone on to higher wages elsewhere. Brought alot of players in, playing good football if not acheiving.

Season Three

Playoffs or better, three or four players brought in. If this isnt achieved manager sacked.

Logically, that seems reasonable to me.

I dont agree, granted I have a fondness for Shez but as far as I am concerned he is the manager and its on his head. My view wouldnt be different looking back logically at what he has done.

Season One.

Reduced budget, paid previous manager and assistant manager off, paid several high earners off. Achieved playoffs with little or no spending.

Season Two.

Cleared out rest of players that wernt going to make it, failed to retain players who have gone on to higher wages elsewhere. Brought alot of players in, playing good football if not acheiving.

Season Three

Playoffs or better, three or four players brought in. If this isnt achieved manager sacked.

Logically, that seems reasonable to me.

We are talking football though so logic rarely comes into the equation. If it did, then we would never have got rid of Ronnie Moore after one Season.

If we were playing this inconsistently with the resources given to Shez but under say Brian Talbot or Ronnie Moore, then how do you think the poll would read?

Because of his status as a former great player, Sheridan has received far more chances and been given more leeway than his predecessors and that leads me to believe that many more would be calling for his head were he a Talbot; Moore; Warnock; Wadsworth or even a Dowie.

For the avoidance of doubt, I voted that he should stay because while I believe he has made mistakes, continuity is the key and I am hopeful that he will learn and progress. I also thought we should keep Moore purely for the continuity reason and to see what he could do in Year 2.

Guest sheridans_world
We are talking football though so logic rarely comes into the equation. If it did, then we would never have got rid of Ronnie Moore after one Season.

If we were playing this inconsistently with the resources given to Shez but under say Brian Talbot or Ronnie Moore, then how do you think the poll would read?

Because of his status as a former great player, Sheridan has received far more chances and been given more leeway than his predecessors and that leads me to believe that many more would be calling for his head were he a Talbot; Moore; Warnock; Wadsworth or even a Dowie.

For the avoidance of doubt, I voted that he should stay because while I believe he has made mistakes, continuity is the key and I am hopeful that he will learn and progress.

I never really agreed with the appointment of Moore.

Talbot brought some good players in, Killer and Croft but after the 1-0 win over city we didnt win a game in about 10 or something.

Ronnie Moore brought half of Rotherham with him on big wages and they achieved next to nothing with unattractive football.

Shez has come in, not wasted his money on high earners and (start of this season excepted) not done too badly. He had nowhere near 10 consecutive defeats and we have still played attractive football (when the ball is on the ground.)

I never really agreed with the appointment of Moore.

So I guess he was never going to do for you then and no doubt you were calling for his head after a couple of months of his only full Season.

Exactly my point about Shez. He's a legend so is given time and patience by us fans since he's "one of us".

The stuff about the wages is wrong as our salary budget has increased year on year since TTA took over. Gregan; Davies; Hughes; Kalala; Thompson etc won't be on peanuts.

Guest sheridans_world
The stuff about the wages is wrong as our salary budget has increased year on year since TTA took over. Gregan; Davies; Hughes; Kalala; Thompson etc won't be on peanuts.

True but Chris Day, Terrible Forbes, Guy Branston, Rob Scott, Richie Wellens, Andy Liddel, Paul Warne and Luke Beckett will all have had a nice wedge.