Progress

I agree the money from Trotters should have been spent but we dont know how much Shez was given .. or do we? I might have missed it (not being sarky, might have actually missed it

Before Trotters left he had a fair wedge to pay a fee for kk AND make him the club's highest paid earner. Well into a couple of hundred grand I reckon.

I agree the money from Trotters should have been spent but we dont know how much Shez was given .. or do we? I might have missed it (not being sarky, might have actually missed it

I think the Trotman money came too late for the January transfer window but people are probably adding two and two together regarding other things.

Even before the Trotman sale, we were prepared to pay Birmingham a significant sum (£250k?) for Kilkenny and then make him our highest paid player. That wasn't the only deal in the pipeline either and so it is reasonable to assume there were significant sums available to Sheridan.

I think the general angst is that Sheridan made it clear where he wanted to strengthen - had funds available - and then didn't get anyone in to those areas albeit down to bad luck in a couple of instances.

Edit - Prozac got there first. :)

I think the Trotman money came too late for the January transfer window but people are probably adding two and two together regarding other things.

Even before the Trotman sale, we were prepared to pay Birmingham a significant sum (£250k?) for Kilkenny and then make him our highest paid player. That wasn't the only deal in the pipeline either and so it is reasonable to assume there were significant sums available to Sheridan.

I think the general angst is that Sheridan made it clear where he wanted to strengthen - had funds available - and then didn't get anyone in to those areas albeit down to bad luck in a couple of instances.

Edit - Prozac got there first. :)

Or good luck if you are referring to the Austrian and Moore.....

Edited by oafcprozac