I Cant have my opinion

Why do we need another meaningless poll?

People ought to stop confusing every critical remark about what's happening with a demand for Sheridan to go; not everybody who isn't happy with things as they stand is calling for Sheridan's head.

I think the confusion is that you are assuming that the poll was put there in response to your good self and the arguments you've been having. There are another 1000 users out there you know...

Guest sheridans_world
I think the confusion is that you are assuming that the poll was put there in response to your good self and the arguments you've been having. There are another 1000 users out there you know...

She's been commenting on things?

I don't think it is due to me that we have another poll-it is a response to those openly calling for Sheridanto go. However, as I've said, some posters do think that the merest criticism translates as 'change the manager.' It doesn't.

Guest oa_exile
I just don't see the point of endless posts polls on the same subject that affect nothing.

I may be missing something here but is that what a MB is all about ?

I don't think it is due to me that we have another poll-it is a response to those openly calling for Sheridanto go. However, as I've said, some posters do think that the merest criticism translates as 'change the manager.' It doesn't.

This poll might be a suprisingly good way for people to show whether they actually do want Shez to go.

So what do you want then? You obviously aren't happy with the way things are going both on and off the field at BP so what would make you happy? Be realistic, no unfeasible stuff like sign Ronaldo.

What do you class as success?

What is your blueprint for success at BP?

What is your timescale?

For the record, I voted no and shouldn't be sacked anyway.

We've had all this before, and various suggestions have been made by various posters, including on current threads. However, to express frustration, disappointment and, quite frankly, boredom at the lack of progress at the club does not necessitate a complete prescription from those complaining, particularly when football clubs take little or no notice of the fans (although this one might have to when season ticket sales turn out to be lower than they were in the summer that Ronnie was sacked; people are, let us not forget, already voting with their feet.)

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Guest oa_exile
We've had all this before, and various suggestions have been made by various posters, including on current threads. However, to express frustration, disappointment and, quite frankly, boredom at the lack of progress at the club does not necessitate a complete prescription from those complaining, particularly when football clubs take little or no notice of the fans (although this one might have to when season ticket sales turn out to be lower than they were in the summer that Ronnie was sacked; people are, let us not forget, already voting with their feet.)

You actually answered your own questions there C_J :wink:

(although this one might have to when season ticket sales turn out to be lower than they were in the summer that Ronnie was sacked; people are, let us not forget, already voting with their feet.)

Clubs do actually take an interest in what the masses (dwindling ones in this case) actually think.

I can't see how this thread is designed to stifle discussion. The results of the poll are fairly clear right now in temrs of the straight question, but there's clearly a range of views in terms of how long we should give the manager.

I posted my own views, as have others. How about taking those points up and saying where you agree/disagree and why?

Discussion. This poll is quite clearly designed to stifle it: 'Keep Sheridan (I agree);support the team; express no doubt-the stadium will sort us out...'

Far be it from me to suggest that you are jumping to incorrect conclusions (yet again) but have you checked with Sheridans_Word that it was his intention to stifle debate? My view is that it is just the opposite.

Guest oa_exile
Discussion. This poll is quite clearly designed to stifle it: 'Keep Sheridan (I agree);support the team; express no doubt-the stadium will sort us out...'

Well quite clearly you have got it wrong.

A POLL is there to vote BUT also gives you the "Opportunity" to post why you decided to Vote on the particular subject.

On this particular POLL , 77 members to date have "Chosen" to Vote.

I am just interested to see your answers to the questions.

Well quite clearly you have got it wrong.

A POLL is there to vote BUT also gives you the "Opportunity" to post why you decided to Vote on the particular subject.

On this particular POLL , 77 members to date have "Chosen" to Vote.

The result of the poll is a foregone conclusion, which means that, with the tendency to (deliberately) confuse any discontent with anti-Sheridan sentiment on the part of some, it will be used as a weapon to beat 'moaners' with.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Answer me this little conundrum then: how is it that you are still here, with full posting privileges and membership and no warnings, despite having posted several hundred posts that go against what you assume to be the mainstream "approved" view here? If debate is being stiffled, doesn't that suggest that it isn't being stiffled very effectively? Your argument defeats itself.

Answer me this little conundrum then: how is it that you are still here, with full posting privileges and membership and no warnings, despite having posted several hundred posts that go against what you assume to be the mainstream "approved" view here? If debate is being stiffled, doesn't that suggest that it isn't being stiffled very effectively? Your argument defeats itself.

I'm not the only one to comment on the way that dissenters from the opinion of a dominant group of posters are ganged up on. Or even the main one.

I have no need to check with anybody before expressing an opinion. Do I?

Of course you don't. But when (yet again) you incorrectly put words into people's mouths through your illogical opinion then I (and others) reserve the right to point out that (once again) you are proving what I previously stated.

You twist peoples words by deliberately "mis-understanding" them to support your inane views.

I'm not the only one to comment on the way that dissenters from the opinion of a dominant group of posters are ganged up on. Or even the main one.

That is true. It's just a bizarre twist of logic that sees people disagreeing with you (be it one person or several) as evidence of your views being suppressed. There are no "dominant groups of posters." People take different stances on different issues, and everybody has agreed to operate within the confines of the rules and regulations. Members have in the past been asked to refrain from personalising attacks on both sides of arguments similar to your ongoing Alamo style one, and no doubt will be again, but I'm afraid it's just your tough luck that the majority of people who have chosen to respond to you recent posts appear not to agree with you to some degree or another.

Guest oa_exile
The result of the poll is a foregone conclusion, which means that, with the tendency to (deliberately) confuse any discontent with anti-Sheridan sentiment on the part of some, it will be used as a weapon to beat 'moaners' with.

Well since I come under the "Moaners" I will look forward to a beating from the "Happy Clappers" then. :wink:

BTW It's now up to 83 VOTES

Everybody's opinion is up for challenge regardless of their view. If you don't like someone's opinion then you challenge it. Dead simple. What you may find is that if you continually preach absolute rubbish then people will "gang up" on you in greater numbers to try to get a message across that you obviously cannot accept due to you repeating the same tired rhetoric time after time on thread after thread - week after week. Similarly, you may find that you have lille support.

Is that familiar?

The thread the other day was suggesting that "negative" comment was moderated out and that is plainly absurd.