Vale pubs

a pre-match drink?

Not made it to Vale before and I think my attendence may be enough to lift the curse.. or maybe not. Where's decent to get a drink before the match? Football ground guide website recommends the vine. Is it any good? Planning to get train to stoke then a taxi.

Edited by bluearmyof1

a pre-match drink?

Not made it to Vale before and I think my attendence may be enough to lift the curse.. or maybe not. Where's decent to get a drink before the match? Football ground guide website recommends the vine. Is it any good? Planning to get train to stoke then a taxi.

The Vine is your best bet. Not the greatest pub in the world but always fill of Latics fans.

Also, if you are hungry, go to the Chinese take away just round the corner from the Vine and order sausage chips and gravy. It is genuinely the greatest sausage chips and gravy in the world. It looks expensive when you see it on the menu but I promise that you won't be disappointed!

The Vine is your best bet. Not the greatest pub in the world but always fill of Latics fans.

Also, if you are hungry, go to the Chinese take away just round the corner from the Vine and order sausage chips and gravy. It is genuinely the greatest sausage chips and gravy in the world. It looks expensive when you see it on the menu but I promise that you won't be disappointed!

Cheers fella. Will be there!

I lot of the pubs in the center are 'HOME FANS ONLY' pubs (as the signs in the windows say)

That dosen't mean anything,as long as your not in big groups you can drink freely around Burslem,They get smaller crowds than us.No landlord will turn away punters

It's also next to the Cop Shop.

Also, if you are hungry, go to the Chinese take away just round the corner from the Vine and order sausage chips and gravy. It is genuinely the greatest sausage chips and gravy in the world.

Nope, sorry you're wrong on every level!

Levers in town serve up the best fish suppers I know! I can't vouch for the sausages, but I bet they'll beat the Burslem saveloy hands down...

It must have been of a championship standard as he felt the need to "txt" me and tell me about it.

Seeing that I haven't sampled the Chinese around the corner from the Vine, I must call on those members who have had a supper in both chippies to make the call. The Chinese near The Vine in Burslem, or Levers in town?

Seeing that I haven't sampled the Chinese around the corner from the Vine, I must call on those members who have had a supper in both chippies to make the call. The Chinese near The Vine in Burslem, or Levers in town?

Rummy, you are talking about a fish supper, whereas Latics & England is talking about sausage, chips and gravy. That's like comparing chalk with cheese! Ever tried putting cheese on your pool cue? :)

Nope, sorry you're wrong on every level!

Levers in town serve up the best fish suppers I know! I can't vouch for the sausages, but I bet they'll beat the Burslem saveloy hands down...

Rummy, you are talking about a fish supper, whereas Latics & England is talking about sausage, chips and gravy. That's like comparing chalk with cheese! Ever tried putting cheese on your pool cue? :)

I know, D_S - I call on OWTB's own gastronauts to settle this once and for all! :grin: