league one

Despite the general feeling that we shouldn't be too down-hearted, the fact is that many people you talk to are very fed up. Happy clappys can gloss over it as much as they like. The crowds are going down. Why? This league is incredibly dull. Say what you like, it is a very boring league and has been for ten years. As someone who watched the club for over 20 years in the top two divisions, i've never been able to appreciate anything about this dull division. It wasn't all wonderful in the past, and i remember standing in the chaddy with less than 4,000 against teams like Middlesbrough, but you were guaranteed some great moments/games over the course of a season. For me the basic cause of frustration is that this is a poor division with average-poor teams playing poor-average football, and we are no different.

All very boring. Say what you like - you can't deny it is very, very dull football.

Guest sheridans_world

From a lot of teams it is dull football, wanting to survive. Hoofball is prominent. We have always been a footballing team and personally i have never seen better football than some of the stuff we have played under Shez. It excites me when we string so many pin-point passes together.

Dull football maybe, we can play football to get out of this division though.

From a lot of teams it is dull football, wanting to survive. Hoofball is prominent. We have always been a footballing team and personally i have never seen better football than some of the stuff we have played under Shez. It excites me when we string so many pin-point passes together.

Dull football maybe, we can play football to get out of this division though.

I hope so. It's a general feeling about the division and, probably, the fact that, like me, so many who I talk to were actually brought up on a diet of top two division football which was so much better. I've always found it very difficult to adjust to the quality in this division. It's not about success. So much of the time we struggled in the old Div 2, but you knew there would be some good football (even it was from the opposition) at some stage over the season.

Perhaps I'm just getting old and nostalgic.

i dont thinks its that dull, not dull when we play hull, city, sheff weds, hudds, leeds, bradford, blackpool, bury, stockport, wigan even chesterfield and rotherham the problem this season is the lack of derby type games.

next year could see us playing leeds, hudds, preston, new grounds at mk dons, coventry and leicester heck we could even play the mighty rochdale!

chin up

i dont thinks its that dull, not dull when we play hull, city, sheff weds, hudds, leeds, bradford, blackpool, bury, stockport, wigan even chesterfield and rotherham the problem this season is the lack of derby type games.

next year could see us playing leeds, hudds, preston, new grounds at mk dons, coventry and leicester heck we could even play the mighty rochdale!

chin up

Hmm, alternatively:

Out: Vale, Bournmuff, Luton, Swansea, Crewe, Forest, Leeds.

In: MK, Peterborough, Hereford, Wycombe, Scunny, Colchester, Preston.

It's more likely to get alot worse before it gets better on that score.

Like it or not, after ten years or so, this is getting duller than Big Brother with the lights off.

leeds are going nowhere. what im saying is we lost bradford, rotherham and blackpool, thats 6 half decent games. but we did get leeds i suppose so really only lost 4.

i want vale gone i want to beat them and sing

WE'LL NEVER PLAY YOU AGAIN

AGAIN

AGAIN

one can but hope..

This division has been awful since the Dowie Playoff season, when IMO there was some real quality in this league, was that around the time of itv digital so the clubs had a bit of money. Back then i think Oldham, Crewe, Bristol City, Cardiff, QPR, Wigan and Tranmere all had quality sides which would all have done well in the Championship.

The division then had players like Chris Armstrong, Fitz Hall, Jason Koumas, Rob Hulse, Dean Ashton, Gary Teale, (a younger faster?) Andy Liddell, Big Clyde, Danny :censored:tu, Ian Hume and im sure loads more which are still plying their trade further up the football pyramid.

Edited by wozz_oafc

Unless Bates wins this court battle. Starting to be very concerned at the latest noises coming out of the Football League at the moment and their backing down over going to Arbitration over the matter.

they signed an agreement that leeds wouldnt challenge the decision in the court.all the fa have to do is say look,you signed this,you havent got a hope in hell,cost you lots of money,just accept it and move on.

Despite the general feeling that we shouldn't be too down-hearted, the fact is that many people you talk to are very fed up. Happy clappys can gloss over it as much as they like. The crowds are going down. Why? This league is incredibly dull. Say what you like, it is a very boring league and has been for ten years. As someone who watched the club for over 20 years in the top two divisions, i've never been able to appreciate anything about this dull division. It wasn't all wonderful in the past, and i remember standing in the chaddy with less than 4,000 against teams like Middlesbrough, but you were guaranteed some great moments/games over the course of a season. For me the basic cause of frustration is that this is a poor division with average-poor teams playing poor-average football, and we are no different.

All very boring. Say what you like - you can't deny it is very, very dull football.

Its boring because A) we have been in this division for so long and B) look like we are going to be here next year. The season is petering out somewhat which seems to be reflected in the declining attendences all reminicent of 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 when again we just floated into midtable after a bad start.

Still hopeful for next season though if nothingelse I will be watching it all from another angle

Edited by GlossopLatic