Was watching 'The Big Match - replayed' on ITV4 earlier today, one of the main games was Watford v Villa from February 1983. Jobbo was playing for the Hornets...............on the left wing AND beating players for fun, with great skill and sticking crosses over, even getting to the by-line a few times!!! No wonder he was such a cultured centre-back! It also answers where the hell his stunning turn and pass in the oppos box at the Manor Ground vs Oxford in the League Cup in '94 came from to set up Stitch's leveller.

Was watching 'The Big Match - replayed' on ITV4 earlier today, one of the main games was Watford v Villa from February 1983. Jobbo was playing for the Hornets...............on the left wing AND beating players for fun, with great skill and sticking crosses over, even getting to the by-line a few times!!! No wonder he was such a cultured centre-back! It also answers where the hell his stunning turn and pass in the oppos box at the Manor Ground vs Oxford in the League Cup in '94 came from to set up Stitch's leveller.

For me he's one of THE best defenders I've ever seen in a Latics shirt.

For me he's one of THE best defenders I've ever seen in a Latics shirt.

THE best imo, was found out a bit against true quality in the top flight but against the other 14 or 15 teams he was superb. Dangerous in the oppos box too, yer know remember those days when we'd score an odd goal from a set-piece........................................

THE best imo, was found out a bit against true quality in the top flight but against the other 14 or 15 teams he was superb. Dangerous in the oppos box too, yer know remember those days when we'd score an odd goal from a set-piece........................................

Aye, suddenly ghost into play from beyond the back post. Sooooo many goals scored from that routine! Quality!

We have been blessed with some superb central defenders in recent years. Hurst; Clements; Futcher; Barrett; Warhurst; Hall; Hill; Gregan etc but for me, Jobbo is the cream of the crop.

Simply awesome. He was known as James Bond in the dressing room apparently as he was so suave and cool - characteristics that he showed on the pitch as well.

Jobbo was a midfielder for Burton Albion before Colin sold him to Watford for a then club record fee of £25,000.

He is another honorary B.A.L.L.S. when he visits his parents. B)

2299603563_fe894e563e.jpg

Jobbo making a presentation to a fellow B.A.L.L.S.

BURTON AREA LOYAL LATICS' SUPPORTERS

Jobbo was a midfielder for Burton Albion before Colin sold him to Watford for a then club record fee of £25,000.

He is another honorary B.A.L.L.S. when he visits his parents. B)

2299603563_fe894e563e.jpg

Jobbo making a presentation to a fellow B.A.L.L.S.

I suggest a certain Mr Sideburns may be getting a kick in the B.A.L.L.S when his son arrives home from work and sees that photo plastered all over the internet.

Did his mum help him to get dressed that day and does she always let him wear her blouses?

:grin:

I suggest a certain Mr Sideburns may be getting a kick in the B.A.L.L.S when his son arrives home from work and sees that photo plastered all over the internet.

Did his mum help him to get dressed that day and does she always let him wear her blouses?

:grin:

He's coming round here for a meal tonight. B)

She was furious about the hole made by that OAFC badge! :grin:

Best centre half at Latics was Allan Hunter by a mile...could even play in goal and would have played there for almost any team. Jobson was good and when he signed I said he was the final piece in the jigsaw..which proved to be the case. Hunter though was terrific and hard also. I remember Jobson being given

the runaround by John Fashanu. Fash dragged him all over the pitch to make room for his strike partner whose name escapes me at the minute. The bloke who played for Bolton later and who screwed the page 3 chick with the big uns.

In his short spell with the Club,Kevin Moore looked one of the most commanding Centre halves we ever had,natural leader with a no-nonsense attitude.

Paul Futcher and Jobbo probable the most elegant Centre backs we have had.

It was actually a Ned's Atomic Dustbin badge :blush:

HAHA!

Ned's rule Matt. God Fodder reminds me of leaving school. Classic!

Me and a mate nicked a dirty great fly-poster off a wall at the bottom of Oldham Road in Manchester, by the Cheshire Cheese pub (there used to be dozens of gig and album posters pasted on the fron of the dis-used shops. :naughty: It was about 5' x 3' and was stiff as a board cos about 10 layers of posters came off at the same time! Had to get the sodding thing home on the bus too. Happy days! :wink: