Forum re-arrangement

Just to keep you informed -

The League One News forum will be merged with this forum to create a new OAFC and League One News forum. We could give it a different name I suppose but my head is not working properly this morning, and it's no good asking the team - they don't wake up until after tea.

The Betting forum will go entirely, there's not enough action in there to warrant a whole forum.

General Football will stay for the moment, but will encompass all footy outside of League One.

Allsports will also remain.

The Taproom will now be renamed after one of our greats. Who? You decide - The Bobby Johnstone Taproom? The Rodger Wylde Lounge? Answers on a postcard...

Cheers,

Matt.

The Taproom will now be renamed after one of our greats. Who? You decide - The Bobby Johnstone Taproom? The Roger Wylde Lounge? Answers on a postcard...

Cheers,

Matt.

Early suggestions for Taproom:-

Joe McBride

Billy Kenny

Andy Gorton

Chris Taylor [:shock:]

Ronnie Moore [:grin:]

:)

As for the Betting stuff, if you have tips or want to talk about wagering, use the necessary Forums such as General Football; Allsports etc.

Btw, Rummy has promised everyone a winning week of tips for the Cheltenham Festival! :grin:

I'm already gearing up for the Cheltenham Festival I_C, best 4 days of the entire racing calendar.

I've not had a bet for a long time Htc and am currently not interested in having a wager either. Will still watch and get involved in the threads but I've seen very little racing since probably Aintree/ Punchestown Festivals in 2007.

Looking forward to seeing you pick a few big priced winners though as well as reading the thoughts of some of the other shrewd judges on here.

Btw, I know you don't bet on Latics matches but Port Vale at 2/1? There was a really sensible post on here the other day from someone advocating putting your money on events that you knew something about - ie Latics games and League One in general. Wise words in my opinion. As we know, form goes out of the window at Vale Park and while they are no great shakes, we have an injury ravaged squad and will be playing kids upfront. Our knowledge is an edge and this is a fixture ripe to be exploited IMO.

I've not had a bet for a long time Htc and am currently not interested in having a wager either. Will still watch and get involved in the threads but I've seen very little racing since probably Aintree/ Punchestown Festivals in 2007.

Looking forward to seeing you pick a few big priced winners though as well as reading the thoughts of some of the other shrewd judges on here.

Btw, I know you don't bet on Latics matches but Port Vale at 2/1? There was a really sensible post on here the other day from someone advocating putting your money on events that you knew something about - ie Latics games and League One in general. Wise words in my opinion. As we know, form goes out of the window at Vale Park and while they are no great shakes, we have an injury ravaged squad and will be playing kids upfront. Our knowledge is an edge and this is a fixture ripe to be exploited IMO.

Yeh, I've got to agree 2/1 is big Port Vale tomorrow. Home advantage, our dismal record there and our injury situation make the 2/1 very tempting.

I just can't bring myself to bet against us, its just wouldn't feel right somehow profiting from our defeat, although I suspect that is what it will be.

Can't wait for Cheltenham myself some truly great racing to look forward too, and hopefully a few winners to be had.

Yeh, I've got to agree 2/1 is big Port Vale tomorrow. Home advantage, our dismal record there and our injury situation make the 2/1 very tempting.

I just can't bring myself to bet against us, its just wouldn't feel right somehow profiting from our defeat, although I suspect that is what it will be.

All those who've turned their backs on the Club since the disappointment they suffered at the 'Uddersfield game, could put the money they've saved on Port Vale tomorrow, double it and buy a 2008/09 season ticket in the summer. :curtains:

Just to keep you informed -

The League One News forum will be merged with this forum to create a new OAFC and League One News forum. We could give it a different name I suppose but my head is not working properly this morning, and it's no good asking the team - they don't wake up until after tea.

The Betting forum will go entirely, there's not enough action in there to warrant a whole forum.

General Football will stay for the moment, but will encompass all footy outside of League One.

Allsports will also remain.

The Taproom will now be renamed after one of our greats. Who? You decide - The Bobby Johnstone Taproom? The Rodger Wylde Lounge? Answers on a postcard...

Cheers,

Matt.

RE the betting forum, you don't happen to have the posts from last years Cheltenham festival do you? Been doing a bit of research ahead of this year and I'd be interested to read what we thought of a few horses from last year. If not, no worries.

Well looking forward to this years festival too HTC, IC. I'll be posting my thoughts on here, like last year and there's the bonus that I'm going on the Friday to see what will hopefully be one of the classic Gold Cups.

Can't wait for Cheltenham myself some truly great racing to look forward too, and hopefully a few winners to be had.

And that I_C is why I never bet on Latics, 3-0 wow I wasn't expecting that (a little flattered by the scoreline) but a good win nonetheless.

We are just way to unpredictable and I'm way to emotionally involved to form an accurate and impartial opinion about our realistic chances in games (I like to think we can always get a result), I'm very optimistic you know :unsure:.

Good to hear from you Jimi T look forward to exchanging views on the festival with you and Inspiral again.

You could witness a real classic in the gold cup on the Friday Jimi, I personally feel at the moment that the going could prove to be the key to the race.

If it came up very soft or heavy then I could see Denman just galloping them into the ground, but on anything faster i.e. good or even good to soft then Kauto Star's superior speed will come into play.

Either way a great day to be going down there, I wish I was going but unfortunately I'm working, still I will be having a bet and watching as usual.