Just to re-iterate: 5 Points Behind Tranmere - A game in hand, and we've still got to play them at BP.

Realistically though, it's not tranmere we'll have to get past. Leeds and Southend both also have a game in hand on tranmere and are level on games with us.

I'd also watch out for the teams below us who have games in hand - anyone as Bristol Rovers could catch us and the other play off hopefuls, and possbily hudds too with their game in hand?

Something rather odd about this though.

We are in with a shout as it stands, and 3 home wins now would put us in serious contention....

But But But...

Can anyone hand on heart really say we deserve to get promoted this year? We've not played as well as we did at times last season and I don't think we should go up.

Get the team playing well, winning games and start next season like a train.

Realistically though, it's not tranmere we'll have to get past. Leeds and Southend both also have a game in hand on tranmere and are level on games with us.

I'd also watch out for the teams below us who have games in hand - anyone as Bristol Rovers could catch us and the other play off hopefuls, and possbily hudds too with their game in hand?

Agree totalt, Tranmere will not be in the mix, Leeds are the team to watch especially if they succeed with their appeal. :pray:

agree one game at a time and all that remember keep the faith

One game at a time indeed. BUT IF we knocked over our next 3 at home (and on paper it looks pretty achievable) - 56 points with 9 games remaining would give us a helluva chance of hitting maybe 70-72 pts (with a good goal difference) looking at our run in.

Feet on the floor. We aren't great, but neither are 22 other teams in this poo hole of a league.

KOTK

Edited by Kingofdikebab

Aint nothin over til it's over!

3 home games now, crucial to our hopes but the fixtures are on ourside. Take these 9 points and we'll be in that 6th position.

KTF!

Wondered hoe long it would be before people got carried away...... Lets just worry about 3 points against H'pool. Please stop all this play off if, but and maybe..... Its a joke. If we win games, what will be will be. We struggled at times against a team rock bottom of LG 1. Lets just keep our feet on the ground.

Wondered hoe long it would be before people got carried away...... Lets just worry about 3 points against H'pool. Please stop all this play off if, but and maybe..... Its a joke. If we win games, what will be will be. We struggled at times against a team rock bottom of LG 1. Lets just keep our feet on the ground.

I do agree with you Eddie... and for long periods of yesterday we got battered.. however we won a rubbish game and got some luck, which is the only difference between us and the teams above us... I feel we will continue our inconsistency... but cant help thinking that is we hang on to the coat-tails of those above us heading into the last 6/7 games... when Hughes, Davies, Greagan & Lidds (Thompson & kalala) come back into the side - we will have as good a shot as anybody...

Its all about being in the mixer at the end... start playing now and theres still a shot...

Got carried away? Look back and you'll see I'm the one creating the "Don't get disheartened" threads after we lose or draw, my hope and my attitude hasn't changed. We have something to shoot for, something to work to, anyone who thinks this season is a lost cause is deluded. We need to back to team like we actually want to go up. There's not a lot of "ifs" and "buts". Two games, win those and we'll be in 6th or a point or two off it (depending on how Sarfend and Leeds do). People think it's a big task that's out of our reach, but it's not. It's two matches from us actually being there and getting our necks in. Of course then the task is to keep the spot, but if you think we can't get there, you're mistaken. And add to the fact we've took 10 points from our last 4 home games I think we have every right to be optimistic.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Why is it a joke to talk about the playoffs? at the end of the day this is a message board. Yeah I know its important to keep feet on the ground and thats where mine are but aslong as we can atleast mathmatically achieve it then we should aim for it. We were lucky yesterday on another day it would have been us on the end of a 3-0 defeat but if you can't be good be lucky.

This season so far we have not looked like a play off team but if we get there we get promotion we will deserve it. Our second goal yesterday was down to a very lucky decsion and then eardleys effort took a deflection but lets take it hey how much bad luck have we had in the past and particularly at Vale Park. If we get promotion by a similar way I for one won't complain.

. when Hughes, Davies, Greagan & Lidds come back into the side - we will have as good a shot as anybody...

would these coming straight back into the side give us that consistency? we were really lucky yesterday and Crossley saved us a few times - Gregan and Hughes would improve the shape and composure of the side but we've been inconsistent all season and don't appear good enough. we'd have to have a first 11 all fit and on form to have a chance

would these coming straight back into the side give us that consistency? we were really lucky yesterday and Crossley saved us a few times - Gregan and Hughes would improve the shape and composure of the side but we've been inconsistent all season and don't appear good enough. we'd have to have a first 11 all fit and on form to have a chance

I think the inconsistency is due to lack of experience in the team. Therefore, I feel if/when these players come back we will improve. Hopefully, we will still have a shot at the play-offs. Anyway, mentally I have accepted that we cannot reach the play-offs this season--anything else is a bonus! :wink:

I think we do have to understand that no-one should be getting carried away after a flattering 3-0 win at a team who are absolutely rock bottom in terms of points, luck and confidence.

Hartlepool won't be a cake walk, Trannies can go either way while Bournemouth are a team we should put to the sword all things considered except they're the sides that give us the most trouble.

We need Hughes and Gregan back fast IMO.

as ive said before the people who say were going up are obviously more optimistic than yourself and have been saying it all season not just cos we beat vale. no good telling us to stop saying it cos were not going to until its mathematically impossible. and someone else said if we go up do we honestly deserve it? erm yes because we were better than the rest who didnt make it, why does someone else deserve it more or less than the team who actually makes it?

Once we have a fully fit team imagine the bench - kids that have now played a few games can seriously come on and change a game - yes we havent been that good yet but we are there abouts and IF we can get consistent who knows WHAT we can achieve!!!

Momentum is the key at this stage. Blackpool built it up nicely last season. Do we look like repeating that? The next two games will tell a great deal. Win those and the confidence will start increasing and that could build and build. The return of senior players could then keep it going. It hasn't really happened so far - one step forward, one step back. But you never know.