Roberston Goal Jammy!

GET IT. believe he might have been slightly offside, but female liner kept her flag down. about time we had some luck

reckon Kenny Cooper was a better footballer than Jordan Robertson. On the way down I said he wasn't good enough but would probably score - and how.

I thought it was going out for a throw and I reckon the liner was hypnotised by this stroke of genius. Foot like a thrupenny bit........

edit -pomposity

Edited by OminousPoultry

I am of the opinion that Kenny Cooper was a better footballer than Jordan Robertson. On the way down I said he wasn't good enough to play for the OWTB team but would probably score - and how.

I thought it was going out for a throw and I reckon the liner was hypnotised by this stroke of genius. Foot like a thrupenny bit........

Thats it pull the lad to bits, 100 mins, one goal.... what a plank you are

no wonder players dont want to come here with fans like ours.

doesnt matter wether it was a clinical finish,or off another players arse,what matters is it was a goal,and it lead to us winning away at portvale 3-0 with 3 valuable points.

like has been said,100 mins 1 goal.....

I think you'll find that the quote was "I said on the way down...." so you can scratch todays game from the assesment. Just his sub appearance on Tuesday, after travelling up on the day, and playing as a sub with a team he didn't know is enough to assess and subsequently dismiss a player.

OP should be the next England manager.

You can lead a plank to water and you'll end up with a damp, rotten plank.

I think you'll find that the quote was "I said on the way down...." so you can scratch todays game from the assesment. Just his sub appearance on Tuesday, after travelling up on the day, and playing as a sub with a team he didn't know is enough to assess and subsequently dismiss a player.

OP should be the next England manager.

You can lead a plank to water and you'll end up with a damp, rotten plank.

strange that. what did you think of his performance yesterday?

strange that. what did you think of his performance yesterday?

Bloomin 'eck ominous - cant quite work out whether you are being sarcastic or not - but thought Robertson was absolutely superb yesterday.... his touch was fantastic in the first half, he had his marker turned inside out 3 or 4 times.. he looked strong, quick... and some of his runs were brillaint, really created space for himself and others... and the goal was brilliant.... he tires in the second half... but was one of the most positive full debut's i've seen from someone his age...

Was sat with Inspiral, Lees, wardle and Eastleigh and we all though he looks a corker!

Bloomin 'eck ominous - cant quite work out whether you are being sarcastic or not - but thought Robertson was absolutely superb yesterday.... his touch was fantastic in the first half, he had his marker turned inside out 3 or 4 times.. he looked strong, quick... and some of his runs were brillaint, really created space for himself and others... and the goal was brilliant.... he tires in the second half... but was one of the most positive full debut's i've seen from someone his age...

Was sat with Inspiral, Lees, wardle and Eastleigh and we all though he looks a corker!

no - I don't rate him at all - his touch isn't great and he frequently runs into trouble - and his eye for a pass isn't good. His hold up play was better but I don't see him as anything other than a stopgap. Maybe he's just not fit or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about - but at least I've seen him play.

I didn't go. But you had already made your mind up so what does that matter?

"You can lead a plank to water and you'll end up with a damp, rotten plank."

So you didn't see him play yesterday but can still call me a plank for saying what I saw before me?

Odd.

wonder if some of the other contributors went to the game yesterday...or on Tuesday

no - I don't rate him at all - his touch isn't great and he frequently runs into trouble - and his eye for a pass isn't good. His hold up play was better but I don't see him as anything other than a stopgap. Maybe he's just not fit or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about - but at least I've seen him play.

Fairy muff Ominous... Maybe he is just the latest in the long list of strikers that will utterly divide opinion at BP! He aint fully fit, i'll give you that, he was very tired in the second half...

Dont get me wrong... I'm not saying he is a woldbeater and Hughes and Davies are still better than him on the first look, but I think we could have done a helluva lot worse in the loan market lottery... he had a good all round game yesterday, and if we could hold on to him he would certainly add something to our squad, even with Davies and Hughes fit...

He aint the target man we are crying out for, but a good addition on first look...

what this - some sort of Landrover?

anyway - he did a job yesterday but like Grabban, Clarke, Molango he's not an answer in my eyes

:grin:

By the way - just opened the acclaimed masterpiece of reporting that is the NOTW - Robertson MOM - 8/10 and in the team of the day!!!

Whoo-Hooo! someone agrees with me... however, not sure if the fact it is the NOTW is a good thing!?

Didnt realise it was that far out - a great finish (if slightly shinned!), and a great move which they cut very short...

Have to admit the backpass didnt look as rediculous a decision from that angle... it was never a free-kick, however looked some slight logic in the ref's thinking depending on the angle he was looking at...

Wolfy's was awesome, I really rate Wolfy I know some others don't but he really hasn't been given a stretch in the first team. He's better than Smalley, anyday of the week.

It was a great finish... However, strongly disagree that he is batter than smalley... he is a better finisher, but he contributes absolutely nothing to any part of our game other than that... put it on a plate and he will score... you could argue that is what a striker is for... however we arent creating enough chances - so Wolfy's lack of any type of strength, skill, or hold up play just leaves us short.... Smalley will be a great player at this level one day... unfortunately Wolfy will go downwards...

... it did amuse me slightly that people were chanting "You're so Bad that wolfy scored" at the final whistle... terrible I know, but funny...

Didnt realise it was that far out - a great finish (if slightly shinned!), and a great move which they cut very short...

Have to admit the backpass didnt look as rediculous a decision from that angle... it was never a free-kick, however looked some slight logic in the ref's thinking depending on the angle he was looking at...

It was a great finish... However, strongly disagree that he is batter than smalley... he is a better finisher, but he contributes absolutely nothing to any part of our game other than that... put it on a plate and he will score... you could argue that is what a striker is for... however we arent creating enough chances - so Wolfy's lack of any type of strength, skill, or hold up play just leaves us short.... Smalley will be a great player at this level one day... unfortunately Wolfy will go downwards...

... it did amuse me slightly that people were chanting "You're so Bad that wolfy scored" at the final whistle... terrible I know, but funny...

Wolfy is good with no one around him. Doesnt have the presence to do anythign when a defender is there.

I said on Tuesday that he didn't look fit even for the few minutes that he was on the pitch. You could see as well that he was never going to last 90 minutes at Vale but first half I thought he did very well. Nicely taken goal too which looked better live than on TV as it was a superb quck break from defence and a tremendous ball by Livermore.

Robertson was sharp and always looking to spin off his marker into the channel wgcih he did several times to sretch their defence. The Big Vale CB got wise to this in the second half though and stood a yard off him. It made him think and I don't reckon he had much else in his locker once Plan A was scuppered. Worked hard though and closed his man down which will endear him to the Boundary Park faithful. :) Too early to say though if he will be a good 'un especially as he looks in need of a full 90 minutes at this level to improve his fitness and sharpness.

I was a bit surprised that he got warmly applauded when subbed but didn't acknowledge the fans at all. Still, if he had, he would probably be labelled a badge kisser like some did with Leon Clarke. Perhaps he thought he hadn't played that well himself?

I was a bit surprised that he got warmly applauded when subbed but didn't acknowledge the fans at all.

He did, he clapped us just as he was stepping over the touchline, but had his back to us so it was hard to see. Probably too knackered to turn around!