Rochdale.....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit nervous about tonight, can't see us winning 3 home games in a row, Rochdale don't do things like that! :lol:

Would love to get promoted and have a proper game against you lot!

I hope you go up then we can have a prober game but when ever you talk about Rochdale its allways hard to see them get promoted after all these years ( a bit like Oldham but a lot worse)

wasnt far off with my prediction. just the alfie brace part which cant be helped seeing as he was sub. Hardly a one man crusade. I was with two other Latics fans tonight - though one left before the game to go in the sandy lane with a girl he knows. Tinny the other sat next to me as was clapping away before he knew it - Though I dont think he appreciated my uncle's first words to him being about the rose bowl. Absolute Quality. One of the best games i've seen this season and a bargain at £8 after arguing with the young girl at the turnstile that I was 15. "f*ck off. you're f**kin older than me you." :grin: Looks like i'll have to pay full whack the rest of the games now, but I dont mind after that.

Perkins once again stood out a mile. If Dale go up or not, Latics seriously need to take a look at him and offer a decent amount. Come from the Non League but he's a class apart. Far too good for that league and a footballing brain worthy of at least being in the championship. At least. Simple football and is like a little pitbull terrier. His goal within 30 seconds was pretty much done all on his own. Cracking finish.

Bradford to be fair were a decent side. Very big physically and had a good outlay player in Conlon to work off. He caused a few problems but Dale looked comfortable. Apart from when Bradford hit the post and a narrow miss from a Conlon header following a breakaway.

Needless tackle for the penalty. He was going nowhere. Well taken penalty though that sent the 1,500 or so bantams into celebration.

It's probably the only game this season I can safely say no team was negative. Both looked for the win but Dale looked far the more threatening following the bradford goal. Cracking finish from Alfie off the bench.

There was an incident in the 4 minutes added on time when bradford pushed everyone forward. The keeper fell into the net and Perkins managed to scoop the ball off the line. The away fans jumped about like they'd scored which sent the entire wmg into a lull, only to go into goal type celebrations when the sandy lane could be seen jumping away in celebration.

The ref. Absolute Joke who's not even worth going into. Gave Bradford absolutely everything.

It just goes to show tonight what an atmosphere with 3,800 can and should sound like. The place was rocking when Alfie slotted home.

Leaving the ground, bumped into some old school friends I used to go with on free tickets in the Parkin days when Dale last made the playoffs and narrowly missed out. Few of them had stopped going but they've caught the bug again under Keith Hill. Even the one lad who hated football who's a massive rugby fan has come out of the woodwork. Not a bad crowd considering the mancs were on tele and they'll only get better.

David Bentley was in attendance too. Didnt realise he lived locally and its apparantly not the first time he's been there this season. First I noticed him was when he was jumping about arms in the air down the front of the stand before the game having a laugh with a few dale fans in the stand.

p.s - get the dj signed up. Not a bongo or "lets get ready to rumble" to be heard.

Though i'm not sure a few daleys in the wmg were impressed with my boys in blue text ringtone that kept going off. :lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Aye, proper nose bleed time, my bro-in-law thinks if they win their homes then they should be in the play-offs, as long as their away form takes care of itself I can't see them having a problem. I have my fingers crossed that they do it and then get over the line and win at Wembley - hopefully their away form could come in to play here too but this is putting the cart in front of the horse.

Aye, proper nose bleed time, my bro-in-law thinks if they win their homes then they should be in the play-offs, as long as their away form takes care of itself I can't see them having a problem. I have my fingers crossed that they do it and then get over the line and win at Wembley - hopefully their away form could come in to play here too but this is putting the cart in front of the horse.

Id love to see dale at Wembley, i would infact go and watch them there.

As a kid i used to watch them when Tics where far away and i had little or no money.

I remember the Burnley game in the early 90's which was called off twice because of the weather.

Ah Burnley V Rochdale. What a nice friendly affair that was. :unsure: Nearly as good as the old Halifax/Dale fixtures with the £2.50 buses from the town centre laid on.

Good thing about Dales remaining games is that apart from Notts County, none of the teams they face have anything to play for, whilst those above play each other. Even the Notts County game looks like they'll more than likely be safe by the time they visit Spotland.

Win on Saturday against the fishy people and then Barnet at home on the Tuesday and i'd think only another 2 wins are needed. 4 wins from these 7 and they should be there. 77 points. Chesterfield can only get a maximum of 78 points and they're bound to drop at least one or two in their last five. :grin:

Uncle's a massive dale fan and he was saying last night. I'm not overly fussed if we go up. I dont think any of us thought we'd go up in the summer. A day out at Wembley would be amazing win or lose. It's that kind of attitude amongst the fans which appeals to me. It's the Scotland type attitude which had me glad I missed the Vale game to spend the weekend in Scotland when they Played Italy purely for the buzz and atmosphere around the place - even when they lost. Latics for some reason seem to resemble England and the expectation and gloom that follows failure sadly.

My uncle likes to try and wind me up calling me a biffo until he actually realises i've been going dale more years than him (though not anywhere near as regularly these last 5) and have visited more away grounds with dale than him. Plymouth (drew 0-0 and just missed out on playoffs), Macc, Halifax, Blackpool, Blackburn (lost 6-1. Hattrick of pens if I recall), Huddersfield (won 1-0), Bury, Chesterfield, Stockport (2-7 last season, eassssssy), to name but a few.

Well I was wrong to be unconfident about our chances on Tuesday night, that was a brilliant game! The play offs loom ever closer, surely we can't actually make a balls of it this year? A trip to Wembley would do me, even if we lose. We would only come back down with zero points if we went up anyway! :lol:

Well I was wrong to be unconfident about our chances on Tuesday night, that was a brilliant game! The play offs loom ever closer, surely we can't actually make a balls of it this year? A trip to Wembley would do me, even if we lose. We would only come back down with zero points if we went up anyway! :lol:

I really hope you come up mate, I've been looking forward to a proper derby game ever since I started watching Latics and lets hope it finally happens next year. For the moment at least it looks like you will be the form team going into the play offs.

Up the Dale!!!!

Id love to see dale at Wembley, i would infact go and watch them there.

If they got to the final I think I too would go to Wembley with my brother in law, I really want them to come up, it would be brilliant to have them in the same league and it would add so much spice to every game, if we win away at Swindon..etc.. it doesn't mean much but if we win 0-2 and dale were only to win 0-1 it's bragging rights and I could take the mick out of my brother in law, plus the derby games would be amazing, proper blood and thunder.

I bet that after years of wanting to get them in the cup without success I would not be surprised to get them in the cup next year as well as the league.

Another win for dale. Wycombe dropped points too.

Fairly comfortable win. 0-0 at half time with Grimsby down to ten men. Howe who came on as a sub in the first half scored a brace not long after the 2nd half started and dale made it look a walk in the park. Le Fondre missed an absolute sitter and chance after chance went begging. Grimsby pulled one back a few minutes after Perkins had been subbed thinking the game was won. Cue a grimsby fightback with a few heart in mouth moments - especially when grimsby brought there keeper up for a 90th minute corner. Luckily a minute later Howe grabbed the winner and his hattrick following a bit of comedy keeping.

BELIEVE!

Fairly comfortable win. 0-0 at half time with Grimsby down to ten men. Howe who came on as a sub in the first half scored a brace not long after the 2nd half started and dale made it look a walk in the park. Le Fondre missed an absolute sitter and chance after chance went begging. Grimsby pulled one back a few minutes after Perkins had been subbed thinking the game was won. Cue a grimsby fightback with a few heart in mouth moments - especially when grimsby brought there keeper up for a 90th minute corner. Luckily a minute later Howe grabbed the winner and his hattrick following a bit of comedy keeping.

BELIEVE!

i really want dale to do well this year. always want them to come up so we can have a proper derby. not far off auto with the games in hand are they? the form they are in, anything is possible.

BELIEVE!

How did the mighty Danny Boshell play?

Grimsby fans seem to love him.

BELIEVE!

Perks was subbed cos he was gonna get himself sent off!

Nice win for us. A win on Tuesday will create a nice little gap for us.

Edited by KHBA

If they got to the final I think I too would go to Wembley with my brother in law, I really want them to come up, it would be brilliant to have them in the same league and it would add so much spice to every game, if we win away at Swindon..etc.. it doesn't mean much but if we win 0-2 and dale were only to win 0-1 it's bragging rights and I could take the mick out of my brother in law, plus the derby games would be amazing, proper blood and thunder.

I bet that after years of wanting to get them in the cup without success I would not be surprised to get them in the cup next year as well as the league.

It would be funny if we meet them 5 times like Donny after all these years.

Dya reckon they'd make the fixture midweek if we played? TBH, the FA probably wouldn't think much about us meeting......until we actually do :grin:

Got to be an added benefit to buying a season ticket next season if Dale go up - a guaranteed away end ticket for the Spotland clash.

I was considering going tonight when they play Notts County. Something's come up so I can't but I've seen they play Barnet next Tuesday so I think I shall pop along to that.

I hope they come up. I've no animosity whatsoever towards them, although a few competitive games against them would probably completely change my perspective. It'd be really nice to get a really close derby to play next season.

I was considering going tonight when they play Notts County. Something's come up so I can't but I've seen they play Barnet next Tuesday so I think I shall pop along to that.

I hope they come up. I've no animosity whatsoever towards them, although a few competitive games against them would probably completely change my perspective. It'd be really nice to get a really close derby to play next season.

All they've got to do is score two goals and that'll be the game won against County - who've not scored more than one in a game for four months.

No real problem with Rochdale fans, but I'd hate us to lose to them so much that I hope we never play them. Just in case*.

*Plus we hold the competitive football bragging rights.

I just ran a check and am pleased to confirm the Spotland is a full 0.5 miles further away from the family ranch than BP is, despite being just in Rochdale. So even if Dale became as enormous a club as Latics are, the gravitational pull wouldn’t suck me towards it :bblue2:

Jamie. If you're coming against Barnet. Give us a bell as i'll be there too. Though not sure what my uncle will say with me bringing all these 'biffos' to El Spotlando! Though I guarentee you'll be raving about Dale's 'Albino' Wonderkid 'David Perkins' by the end of the night.

I'm just about to set off. Rather be there than watching two overpaid sides on the box. Notts County will play for a point so it'll probably be a frustrating night until Dale hopefully get the breakthrough.

I'll go for 2-0 Dale. Wont be until Alfie comes on in the 2nd half that Dale score. Le Fondre and Gary Jones.

Hopefully 5 points clear, game in hand and only 5 games left to play for dale after tonight. Win against Barnet in the last game in hand and that's pretty much playoffs guarenteed. Only need 9 points from these 6 in my opinion. Chesterfield can only get 12 points and that's without slipping up.

I just ran a check and am pleased to confirm the Spotland is a full 0.5 miles further away from the family ranch than BP is, despite being just in Rochdale

that's the excuse me and my brother used to use to my uncles. Though when they go on, I just tell them they're glory hunters who never turned up when they were really :censored: about ten years back. They dont have a come back to that.

Edited by Rocky_Latic