Rochdale.....

Just back and i'm glad I went, even if it did mean missing the drama at Anfield.

Firstly. Sheridan was there tonight. Not sure why. Looking for potential targets perhaps? or just trying to find out what entertaining football looks like? who knows. Though that tonight was entertaining. I knew it'd take Dale a while to break down Notts County. 1st half wasnt the best, dale had two good penalty shouts but an inept ref was never going to give them. 2nd half they bossed with some nice football and cracking well worked goals. Dale got one and continued at break neck pace to get a 2nd. Once again it was a joy to watch and superb value for money.

That table makes good reading. Man of the Match - Either Ramsden at the back or Rundle who ran County ragged.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back and i'm glad I went, even if it did mean missing the drama at Anfield.

Firstly. Sheridan was there tonight. Not sure why. Looking for potential targets perhaps? or just trying to find out what entertaining football looks like? who knows. Though that tonight was entertaining. I knew it'd take Dale a while to break down Notts County. 1st half wasnt the best, dale had two good penalty shouts but an inept ref was never going to give them. 2nd half they bossed with some nice football and cracking well worked goals. Dale got one and continued at break neck pace to get a 2nd. Once again it was a joy to watch and superb value for money.

That table makes good reading. Man of the Match - Either Ramsden at the back or Rundle who ran County ragged.

Getting an early scouting report in for next season :wink:

Got themselves wedged in their now and still have an extra game over sixth.

I still think they'll balls it up in the playoffs though. : /

Playoffs??? There was some people talking about 3rd place leaving the ground. LOL. Though on the run Dale are on, I wouldnt put it past them given the team above them's run ins. Hopefully a playoff place minimum will be secured before Dale go to Giggle Lane for a last showing with the monkey town **** :grin:

As for RBL. Shez picked a bad night to be scouting. Dale were missing 3 players who got stuck in traffic after leaving from there homes together at 4pm. Only made it just after kick off and had to make do with the bench. There wont be any Notts County players coming here anyway. They were awful. Poor old Butcher eh!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Went there myself tonight with the brother in law and a mate who are both Dale fans. I always try to get to 4 or 5 games at Spotland every season when Latics aren't playing or are away long haul.

I must say I was pleasantly impressed with the whole evening!! Dale were on top 1st half without creating too much, but how County missed that scramble at the Sandy end I'll never know. Nailed on pen for handball, don't think the ref could see it, but the liner should have given it. County actually looked quite solid at the back.

2nd half a different story. County looked ragged and that #11 Rundle deservedly won MOM. Wasn't too impressed with Perkins, got bullied off the ball for County's first. And how gay does he look????? Bleached white hair, white boots, tights and about 4 foot nothing!!!! Thought he was a dancer when he was warming up pre-game!!!

Quality move for Dale's third, just as you thought County might get back into it, then strolled it until the final whistle.

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. How it makes a big difference to watch a game in a positive atmosphere as opposed to all the bitching we've had to endure (and sometimes contributed to!!) at BP this season. Obviously it makes a difference when you've won so many on the bounce and lookin good for at least a play off place, but still, it made a pleasant change.

Great pies (smothered in mushy peas!!), a pint in a glass, a decent DJ , and only £15 to get in. Superb value for money. TTA take note.

I'll definately go again before the end of the season.

Oops, nearly forgot, Butcher was pants!!!!

Edited by Snookmeister

that's the excuse me and my brother used to use to my uncles. Though when they go on, I just tell them they're glory hunters who never turned up when they were really :censored: about ten years back. They dont have a come back to that.

To be fair, we moved to a couple of hundred yards over the border to Rochdale when I was 4 months old. Crucially, just over the hill, so that I would naturally flow downhill towards BP anyway.

Another decent result, just hope they can carry the form on for the rest of the season. Would be happier if they got auto but think that is a long shot.

it might not be just yet hereford who currently lie in third and only 4 points in front of Dale have a tough three games in a week

sat they are away to darlington who are 4th, next tues they are are away to mk dons who of course of top and then the following sat home to perterboro who are 2nd added to this stockport who are fifth next two sat games are against peterboro and mk dons

so not out of the question just yet

Edited by neiladamsheadband

it might not be just yet hereford who currently lie in third and only 4 points in front of Dale have a tough three games in a week

sat they are away to darlington who are 4th, next tues they are are away to mk dons who of course of top and then the following sat home to perterboro who are 2nd added to this stockport who are fifth next two sat games are against peterboro and mk dons

so not out of the question just yet

To be fair, Stockport look most likely at present to shoot for 3rd. Esp playing Hereford soon. However, I wouldn't mind one getting auto and the other promoted via the playoffs. Knowing our luck though, both will fail at the final hurdle.

To be fair, Stockport look most likely at present to shoot for 3rd. Esp playing Hereford soon. However, I wouldn't mind one getting auto and the other promoted via the playoffs. Knowing our luck though, both will fail at the final hurdle.

yeah know what you mean sorry, just the way i wrote it stockport dont have to play hereford, but if they both miss auto i think one of them willmake it through i hope its dale i have nowt against em and always look for them doing well but yeah would be good if they both get there

yeah know what you mean sorry, just the way i wrote it stockport dont have to play hereford, but if they both miss auto i think one of them willmake it through i hope its dale i have nowt against em and always look for them doing well but yeah would be good if they both get there

Given the choice, I think most would want Dale. I know I would. Not just the tasty factor but at least they'd bring a following unlike the pathetic attempts "County" brought the last couple of times they've played us. Esp when we took 3K to theirs!

As I was't going to make todays game I popped along to watch Dale at the Daggers (obviously in the home end .... well it was raing, away end had no roof and I didn't want to be mistaken for a Dale fan :lol: ).

Dale edge the first half but had three clear chances in the 2nd to put a poor Daggers team away ..... in the end the Daggers could have nicked it.

Ex-Latics Kallum Higginbotham got the 3rd.

Cracking goal it was too. Not so much the finish but the build up that lead to it was superb.

Good performance from dale once again. Result was never in danger after the first. Barnet looked like they were ready for their holidays in the first half, though they played some good football in the 2nd and had some good chances.

Think Frankly Mr Shankly was impressed - especially with the bar. He was along with me and there was more than a handful of Latics in attendance. Infact, there was loads of recognisable faces. Pretty funny at half time being greeted with an old school friend who asked "I thought you were a f**kin biffo nowadays?" :lol: Typical banter really.

The Irish lads who diego knows where over tonight. Barnet on a tuesday night. FMS thought one of them looked like Ozzie Osbourne. David Bentley was there once again - he left with the chant of "bentleys going to wembley" ringing round the stand. My uncle was telling me after the game he's spoke with him and he said he doesnt actually support anyone, though his family are up this way and he lives in Littleborough so if he was asked, he'd probably say dale. Nice when footballers at his standard come out to watch lower league football. though I wonder if he had a bet??? :ph34r:

Rundle impressed me once again, as did Perkins and Holness was very solid at the back when he came on.

Roll on Morecambe. Still a chance of 3rd place, be it dale are 4 points off having played a game more. Dale have winnable games whereas neither Hereford's nor Stockports are the easiest.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Not the best of games. Pretty drab infact but that's what you get when a team comes purely to frustrate and has no attacking threat about them whatsoever. Morecambe only had one chance. A shot in 1st half injury time which they blazed high and wide over the sandy lane end.

Just a case of dale breaking them down which is probably the type of frustrating game they'll have to do when whomever comes to spotland in the playoffs.

Results gone dale's way and 3rd is still a possibility. Bury away just got a bit more meaningful.

Definitely....if Rochdale win their last two games I think that will be enough, if not then they're going in the playoffs as the "form" team and that really gives the team a psychological edge (ala Blackpool).

They wont get 3rd. You'd expect Hereford to beat Wrexham and Grimsby at home.

I'm just hoping they carry on the winning mentality. They're the Blackpool of League 1 last season. Sprung from nowhere and won 7 of the last 8 (drawing the other). Stockport have got a tricky tie at Barnet but i'm kind of hoping Stockport win. Dale could really do with being drawn against Darlington who are in freefall at the moment, plus that's the ground you'd see the biggest away allocation whereas Stockport, Hereford or Wycombe would be a nightmare to get a ticket for.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

My mate whose a Stockport fan reacons Rochdale will take 3rd they've hit form at the right time, I hope either side does tbh, but Hereford have a game in hand. Imagine Country vs Dale at Wembley tho, who would I support? I'd probably end up going with County fans, but I've never seen Latics play Rochdale

My mate whose a Stockport fan reacons Rochdale will take 3rd they've hit form at the right time, I hope either side does tbh, but Hereford have a game in hand. Imagine Country vs Dale at Wembley tho, who would I support? I'd probably end up going with County fans, but I've never seen Latics play Rochdale

If they aren't able to snatch third which they are now relying on luck to do they have got the form for the play-offs. Keep it up Dale.