Rochdale.....

No chance of 3rd, but derby day has arrived and the chance to abuse and rub it into bury fans has come. The amount of people who arent even dale who've said they're going is unreal. My brothers going and he's only been one dale game all season. There's loads of "plastic reds" in the town who've all said they're making the trip. Wouldnt suprise me if dale have more fans than bury and take a bigger following than they have got for some home games this season. 3,000 should be there easy, which for a club who's only been getting 2,500 most weeks is superb, even if it is only ten minutes up the road.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we'll probably be visible for the dale penalty seeing as we'd made our way down the front a few minutes before the penalty was awarded.

Not the best of games. Dale didnt turn up the first half werent helped when they went down to ten men. Bury missed some absolute sitters. Lucky to get in at 0-0 half time.

The game was delayed for 15 minutes due to the amount of dale fans in attendance. Once again Bury show they cant deal with an away following of a big size.

2nd half started the same, bury the better team and very much like blackpool played last season trying to play the through balls. worked quite well most of the time. Decent finish for their goal. Dale came to life after that. Better side from then on. Helped even more when the numbers were even when Futcher got a 2nd yellow.

I dont think it was a penalty. Keeper nearly saved it too. A minute or two later dale attacked again. Rene Howe was chasing down sodje. Who had an absolute mare at that very moment with no communication with the keeper who was coming out to claim it. Keeper picked it up and Sodje ran straight into him. Keeper went down, spilled the ball and Howe stroked home what should of been a 90th minute winner. Ref somehow gave a free kick despite it being blatantly obvious to everyone else in the ground that he'd been clattered by his own player and not Howe.

Funniest moment had to be whilst the game was delayed between 3pm and quater past. About 60 Bury fans came into the stand to the left of the away end and ballooned down the front trying to kick off. Made themselves look comically bad, even their police didnt seem to take them seriously.

My bro-in-law is still fuming about the ref, "Worst Ref Ever" they have to do it the hard way now but he didn't think they would get auto anyway.

One of my mates supports Bury and when I was talking to him about the game he obviously said he hopes Dale stay down as it is 6 points for them, no matter how crap Bury are they seem to have the indian sign over Dale, but he settled for the point on Saturday.

After witnessing that game I shall never moan about a Latics performance again.

Both teams were poor, the amount of times the ball was needlessly sliced out of play was laughable.

The fact that Efe Sodje stood out a class above says it all. The only other player that shone was Adams for Bury. The rest were no were near good enough for our league on that showing.

Dales favourite chant "You are Embarassing" applied to both sets of players and the referee.

After witnessing that game I shall never moan about a Latics performance again.

Both teams were poor, the amount of times the ball was needlessly sliced out of play was laughable.

The fact that Efe Sodje stood out a class above says it all. The only other player that shone was Adams for Bury. The rest were no were near good enough for our league on that showing. Which just shows the luck they're having at the moment. That and dales love of late late late goals. I think that's a dozen this season that have come in injury time.

Dales favourite chant "You are Embarassing" applied to both sets of players and the referee.

Wasnt anything like the dale i've seen the past two months. Infact i'm kind of glad they got that performance out of there system rather than the play offs. Still somehow managed to nick a point out of it.

Sodje was good in the air but he is without a doubt the worst player i've seen this season with the ball at his feet. Dont think he made one pass without f**king it up.

Bury definately are a jinx for dale. I think it's only 1 win for dale in about the last 12 or so.

As for that chant butter - there's even a clip of it up on youtube now. Those Bury fans were worth the admission themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwKxa5MriNg...feature=related

Funniest chant I found was the Bury fans - "100 years, won f*ck all" thinking it was insulting - yet dale have been singing it pisstakingly about themselves all season, only recently changing it to "100 years, going up"

Edited by Rocky_Latic

best draw possible. darlo have give dale 4,000 tickets which is stupid for two reasons - there ground is capped at 10,000 for some reason and dale wont shift that many.

I've got to somehow hope my new bank card arrives after saturday's exploits at crewe which resulted in it's loss arrives. That dale are actually open so I can get a ticket and the biggest problem. Transport seeing as my uncles car and other's he knows has been full for a while now.

best draw possible. darlo have give dale 4,000 tickets which is stupid for two reasons - there ground is capped at 10,000 for some reason and dale wont shift that many.

I've got to somehow hope my new bank card arrives after saturday's exploits at crewe which resulted in it's loss arrives. That dale are actually open so I can get a ticket and the biggest problem. Transport seeing as my uncles car and other's he knows has been full for a while now.

If you're with Natwest, they're pretty swift....took me 2 days recently to get mine. However, a Bank Holiday isn't the best way of achieving a quick turnaround. Hope you get it in time tho....come on the Dale....gotta be a Dale-Stockport final. What fun that'd be!

Im with HSBC. It was a yank on the other end of the line when I phoned. Didnt think you needed to answer so many questions when you'd lost your card.

Looks like i'm going to have to lend some money anyway. News coming out of spotland ticket off that at 12pm today 1,600 had been shifted according to a reliable source. By another reliable source. over 2,000 had gone by 5pm today.

No official announcement apart from that 7 coaches are fully booked which tells you of the demand when they usually only take 2. (unless they're free :lol: )

Not sure who i'd want if dale do go through. Stockport would be the most appealing. It'd probably be the least hurtful if dale were to go out too. Only problem is I think Stockport are the best team left in it. To be honest though - i'd just be happy with a trip to wembley. Seeing dale in a stadium like that after years of visiting :censored:holes with old school mates at the likes of Halifax, Macclesfield etc. Heck - I can even recall going Blackburn with dale not so many years back and thinking how good it is for ickle dale, even if they did get dicked 6-1 that night.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

And so tomorrow is now upon us. Nipped upto Spotland tonight with new bank card at the ready. "ticket for darlo away please." - "err, we've sent them all back - you'll have to pick up one up there.". If I hadnt already sorted transport out i'd of probably got the hump and given it a miss. Not the wisest of moves and shows that Latics arent the only inept one's when it's come to ticket arrangements in years gone by. 1,000 tickets sent back - yet they advertise that the ticket office is open friday till 7pm and saturday from 9 till 2. Surely keeping 50/100 or so would have done.

That said. 3,000 tickets sold already according to reports and the town is literally buzzin. Non dale fans are for the first time in years mentioning the club and the talk of the town is definately the football. My work it's the main conversation - even in tesco afterwards there was various overheard convo's about dale.

New ground as well - even though it looks a soulless bowl. For anyone wanting to go the 2nd leg, i've picked up four tickets so have 3 spare. £15. Just let us know. Though OWTB players note that it clashes with the fans fixture so you wouldnt be able to play in that. Oh and any abuse on sunday if dale do somehow get beat, then dont think I wont be telling the opposition what you said. :wink:

BELIEVE!

And so tomorrow is now upon us. Nipped upto Spotland tonight with new bank card at the ready. "ticket for darlo away please." - "err, we've sent them all back - you'll have to pick up one up there.". If I hadnt already sorted transport out i'd of probably got the hump and given it a miss. Not the wisest of moves and shows that Latics arent the only inept one's when it's come to ticket arrangements in years gone by. 1,000 tickets sent back - yet they advertise that the ticket office is open friday till 7pm and saturday from 9 till 2. Surely keeping 50/100 or so would have done.

That said. 3,000 tickets sold already according to reports and the town is literally buzzin. Non dale fans are for the first time in years mentioning the club and the talk of the town is definately the football. My work it's the main conversation - even in tesco afterwards there was various overheard convo's about dale.

New ground as well - even though it looks a soulless bowl. For anyone wanting to go the 2nd leg, i've picked up four tickets so have 3 spare. £15. Just let us know. Though OWTB players note that it clashes with the fans fixture so you wouldnt be able to play in that. Oh and any abuse on sunday if dale do somehow get beat, then dont think I wont be telling the opposition what you said. :wink:

BELIEVE!

Rocky - Just so you know, there are no pubs near the ground. It's situated just off the A66 By-Pass and other than the Club Car Park, the street parking is non-existent as it's all permit holders. The Darlo Arena is at the junction of Neasham Road and the A66 on the attached map.

If you are having a drink, you'd be best heading to the Town Centre which is about a mile and a half away away. Loads of choice there and it's pretty friendly. There is also a pub near the Train Station where I took Leeslover. He was impressed by the cheap prices and buxom barmaids. It's called Hogans and is a decent place with Live Sports always on the multiple TV screens. As for location, it's postcode is DL1 5JN and it's a mile or so from the ground. Most of the streets round there are Permit parking but several aren't and are safe to leave your car. PM me if you want some addresses and directions.

Unfortunately I can't make the game tomorrow but I'll be watching it on TV when I get back with mixed feelings. I'd like Dale to go up but then again, it would be sound to have Darlo in League One so that I could walk there next Season!

Enjoy yourself!

Rocky - Just so you know, there are no pubs near the ground. It's situated just off the A66 By-Pass and other than the Club Car Park, the street parking is non-existent as it's all permit holders. The Darlo Arena is at the junction of Neasham Road and the A66 on the attached map.

If you are having a drink, you'd be best heading to the Town Centre which is about a mile and a half away away. Loads of choice there and it's pretty friendly. There is also a pub near the Train Station where I took Leeslover. He was impressed by the cheap prices and buxom barmaids. It's called Hogans and is a decent place with Live Sports always on the multiple TV screens. As for location, it's postcode is DL1 5JN and it's a mile or so from the ground. Most of the streets round there are Permit parking but several aren't and are safe to leave your car. PM me if you want some addresses and directions.

Unfortunately I can't make the game tomorrow but I'll be watching it on TV when I get back with mixed feelings. I'd like Dale to go up but then again, it would be sound to have Darlo in League One so that I could walk there next Season!

Enjoy yourself!

I know pal. Quite a number of the dale on the mini bus i'm on have been up a few times and have said what a nightmare it is - which is why we're drinking in the church inn (next to dale's ground) during the afternoon before setting off about 2ish. Pretty much a case of straight in and out really.

Cheers for the advice.

WMG stand has sold out, some left for the Sandy and the main stand.

darlo have only taken 2,000 seats so it's likely that should demand continue then dale will have a bit of the side stand (wilbutts lane) as well. The tickets are embarrassing. Just a peice of white paper with the information on. :lol:

ticket office open till 5pm today and tomorrow. Open till 7pm on thursday and friday. Think you have to get sandy lane tickets from the club shop to cut down on the queueing. The other stands from the ticket office.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I know many on here don't think it works, but Keith Hill wants everyone to sing a massive song to give the team a boost.

http://www.rochdaleafc.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...1311468,00.html

They play it before home games anyway, so makes no difference. Main Stand is now sold out. Less than 100 for the WMG, 200 left in the Sandy. That's going off the official site. Think they'll be looking at starting selling tickets for the overflow and open up part of the away end to dale fans.