What is it?

I don't really listen when we score because I'm too busy celebrating. Is it still "The Piranhas - Tom Hark"?

I think I heard The Beach Boys - Wipeout, against Yeovil, I know we have used that occasionally as well.

Every time I hear James Brown 'I Feel Good' I think of Latics, and get my groove on. :bblue2:

The choice of music both around goals and at the start of either half isn't great. Though to be fair the whole music after a goal is a bit too american for me. The best 'goal' music is something that can get people singing - some clubs like middlesborough get this spot on.

There does need to be a bit of a rethink at latics if they are going to carry on - I remember the thread on here a while back about it. Have to say 'guns of navarone' is a tune I hadn't heard until that discussion and I think it would be brilliant to claim as our own. Perhaps someone can dig the old thread out...

And some sing-a-long tunes before the ko and halftime would be better than some of the 'stock' ones that franny has been playing for too long now!! Ok, it's not going to make all the difference, but if it raises the mood a little it can only help.

500 miles, deliah, amarillo, rockin all over the world, silver lining, predict a riot, chelsea dagger, come on eileen, - that little lot should help things along...any other suggestions on tunes to get people moving/singing...

There does need to be a bit of a rethink at latics if they are going to carry on - I remember the thread on here a while back about it. Have to say 'guns of navarone' is a tune I hadn't heard until that discussion and I think it would be brilliant to claim as our own. Perhaps someone can dig the old thread out...

I like Guns of Navarone and it does have a link with Latics (albeit a very weak one!). It's also the name of a book written by Alistair MacLean. Apologies if this is bleeding obvious, I didn't realise until recently.

Sorry should adopt an Inspiral Carpets, "The greatest pop music always comes from the least likely places and the Inspiral’s roots in Oldham and east Manchester serve them well. They were from the same streets as the bulk of the nu pop generation and they instinctively understood which way the wind as blowing."

Just pick a song, keep it local, give it a go.

Fair point - but the songs I listed weren't for running out to/scoring they were more for building a bit of atmos before and halftime. Therefore they need to be the old pub sing-a-long type songs that is what warms the chords up for some of our own tunes. By all mean mix it in with some Inspirals etc...I all for that after all that is my era...

Sorry should adopt an Inspiral Carpets, "The greatest pop music always comes from the least likely places and the Inspiral’s roots in Oldham and east Manchester serve them well. They were from the same streets as the bulk of the nu pop generation and they instinctively understood which way the wind as blowing."

Just pick a song, keep it local, give it a go.

HERE SHE COMES, SHE COMMMMES IN THE FALL...............get that blasting out before a game,get the crowd going and probably gives st johns something to do as well :)

Fair point - but the songs I listed weren't for running out to/scoring they were more for building a bit of atmos before and halftime. Therefore they need to be the old pub sing-a-long type songs that is what warms the chords up for some of our own tunes. By all mean mix it in with some Inspirals etc...I all for that after all that is my era...

Bad Manners Special Brew :D