New Striker Signs For Tonight!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Best loan signing since Luke Beckett

Please note that this is NOT up for debate. It is a stated FACT - from me.

Nuff said

:wink:

When I saw your name come up Exile, I was expecting you to be pushing the Constantine T-Shirts :lol:

lol :grin: Funnily enough Rick I have one Look Bucket T Shirt available in a size XL :)

QUOTE(OldhamSheridan @ Mar 4 2008, 12:20 PM)

Anyone think this might have been helped along by Kilkenny waxing lyrical about us in the recovery room?

What's a clause 28 recall?

It means that if he starts to promote homosexuality then Leeds can recall him.

That's very good BT. Shame them young heterosexual whippersnappers won't get it :unsure:

Absolute quality signing this.I don't care about the length or the recall, this gives us firepower until Hughes is ready to lead the final charge.Hopefully he will play a few games on adrenaline, and then be knackered in time to flop for Leeds in the play-offs :)

I am often stunned by news from latics - but very rarely in an as positive way as this...

Superb piece of business... Leeds wont recall him, its public knowlege they have been looking far and wide for new strikers as GMac (the lesser) doesnt rate what he has....

Hughes and Constantine up front against the bin-dippers this weekend??? Erm... yes please!!!

****SUPPORTER WARNING - SUPPORTER WARNING****

Constantine is a big, powerful striker, who looks like he strolls about a lot - however he bangs goals in for fun - lets give him a chance eh???

Fanstastic Stuff!!! Robertson, Davies, Hughes, Constantine - plus smalley and Ales - not 'arf bad in my book....

Not sure I see the point in this, he hasn't played for three months and if he does well and gets us close to the play-offs, Leeds pull him out leaving us short again.

3 months? Lol....you're not good with maths there Coco....played vs us on New Years Day....and reportedly only suffered from a broken arm. Can still keep up a very high fitness level. Hopefully hit the ground running....although, I will begin to have my suspicions should he start sticking shots from 6yrds out of an open goal, over the bar :grin:

Great news!

Dont think we'l ever be seeing 'Wolfy' again now.

As I thought as Wolfy ran on as a sub on Saturday.

PS I thought it was nice of Shez to give Wolfy his final run out in a Latics shirt. And I'm happy we've all got the memory of a cracking goal to remember him by.

Sadly, making his debut in December 2003, Wolfy's had too long to "make it" and it's time for him to move on. Just hasn't worked out. Can't have him taking the bench places of Lewis and Deano any longer, who now deserve the time he's had to become better players and work towards regular 1st teamers and goalscorers. Especially with the additions of Leon and Robertson plus Hughes returning to fitness. Sorry Wolfy....on the list for loan now I feel.

As I thought as Wolfy ran on as a sub on Saturday.

Sadly, making his debut in December 2003, Wolfy's had too long to "make it" and it's time for him to move on. Just hasn't worked out. Can't have him taking the bench places of Lewis and Deano any longer, who now deserve the time he's had to become better players and work towards regular 1st teamers and goalscorers. Especially with the additions of Leon and Robertson plus Hughes returning to fitness. Sorry Wolfy....on the list for loan now I feel.

Wolfy's had time? How many starts has he been given?

How can a guy prove himself if he isn't given the chance? Sheridan doesn't have any faith in his ability. Wolfy gets the final 3 minutes of a match we've already won, if he's lucky. I've seen more potiential in the glimpses of Wolfy than I've seen in Smalley, full stop.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

How can a guy prove himself if he isn't given the chance? Sheridan doesn't have any faith in his ability. Wolfy gets the final 3 minutes of a match we've already won, if he's lucky. I've seen more potiential in the glimpses of Wolfy than I've seen in Smalley, full stop.

Wolfy has scored a few granted, but Smalley can run with the ball better, he can cross better , he can beat men, he can play in more positions, he can head a ball, he is stonger than wolfy and he will learn to find the net aswell given time.he is by no means anywhere near the finished article and he does not produce enough at the moment but i was wondering where is the better potential you talk about with wolfy because he has not shown it yet although he does look a great finisher

He's had 4yrs to earn being warranted those starts....and failed. Hall was slated yet when he came on, he sometimes turned games...albeit only in the FA Cup but showed more promise but wasted it. Wolfy is on the same road....how long do we give him to look able to breakthrough? 10yrs?

Woly isn't stroong enough for pro football. He's to easily brushed off the ball. He'll probably be sent out on loan with a view to a permanent signing to give him a better chance than waiting until the summer.

Wolfy should start above Lewis "always on the floor" Allesandra.

No one will be able to see if Wolfy cuts the mustard or not unless he gets a stretch in the first team, Smalley has had it, he's not scored....Lewis has had it, he's not scored. Wolfy's turn.

Woly isn't stroong enough for pro football. He's to easily brushed off the ball. He'll probably be sent out on loan with a view to a permanent signing to give him a better chance than waiting until the summer.

Remember that small Argentinian forward who absolutely took the pish out of England's defence before slotting home an awesome goal. In fact it was that exact same player who led Napoli to the Serie A title....a very small player and he wasn't strong at all.

Cracking signing this gives us a chance to rest players and not have to rush players back also means weve got options on the bench .Lot of games over the next few weeks so can never have to big a squad ! seem to remeber mutterings on here that we were down to the bare bones striker wise now we options a plenty