New Striker Signs For Tonight!

Back on topic - Constantine has the ability to kickstart a decent attack on a playoff spot, but what's all this about him banging the goals in for us??

Surely Shez has signed him to play at Left Back ?? :D

Ok. I'm all trolled out now - it won't happen again :naughty:

If that happens I firmly expect Jeremy Beadle to return from beyond the grave to shuffle up to Lomax on the subs bench.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that happens I firmly expect Jeremy Beadle to return from beyond the grave to shuffle up to Lomax on the subs bench.

Oi....you're risking going off topic now!!! After all, discussing Wolfy is supposedly off-topic despite the fact Leons arrival completely affects his position here!!!

Wolfy, thanks for the effort, it hasn't been for the want of trying but it's best for both to move on.

PS..."Smalley has been given a chance, as has Alessandra....why not Wolfy?"

FFS....Smalley and Lewis have come further in 6mths than Wolfenden has in 4yrs....that's why....it's their turn now.

Allow me to play devil's advocate a second. You can disect how Wolfy has got his goals, but the bottom line is that Wolfy has had more direct impact in goals scored than Smalley and Allessandra both have.

Now I think simply Shez doesn't fancy him full stop. To me I think has lots of potential but he absolutely needs to play alongside someone big to hold the ball and flick headers on.

The advantage of Smalley however is he's more flexible and a greater aerial threat, wheras Alessandra has unbelievably quick feet. They all have very different qualities but the only one who has had more direct impact in our goalscoring figures is Wolfy.

Allow me to play devil's advocate a second. You can disect how Wolfy has got his goals, but the bottom line is that Wolfy has had more direct impact in goals scored than Smalley and Allessandra both have.

Now I think simply Shez doesn't fancy him full stop. To me I think has lots of potential but he absolutely needs to play alongside someone big to hold the ball and flick headers on.

The advantage of Smalley however is he's more flexible and a greater aerial threat, wheras Alessandra has unbelievably quick feet. They all have very different qualities but the only one who has had more direct impact in our goalscoring figures is Wolfy.

Given less than the 4yrs Wolfy's had to make an impact, I think his figures/direct impact will pale into significance once Lewis and Deano start finding the net. Or put it this way...I don't want Wolfy getting in the way (taking their subs bench place etc) of their progress towards that.

Edited by boundaryblue80

He's had 23 sub appearances and never looked much like turning a game. Hence he's never looked like deserving a start. He got one at Uddersfield and was utterly anonymous. Ok, he hasn't had a proper run of a couple of games but neither did Hall (someone I felt had actually earned a proper run as he had turned some games for us). That's the game we're in....Wolfy's on the same road I'm afraid. Time to let the younger lads come through.

Aye and he got 90 mins at Forest.

Wolfy was pretty prolific in the reserves, and people have been waiting for him to break onto the first team stage for ages. I now don't see it happening. We had a similar situation with Matty Barlow. He didn't cut the mustard, was turfed out on loan, was average in the Conference and it was the final proof that he wasn't good enough for this level - now he's plying his trade at Bower Fold. A similar situation was developing with Horse, and we were waiting for him to be thrown out on loan, but his attitude got him out anyway. Surprise surprise, highly rated, and now another Stalybridge player.

Wolfy has to be loaned out to the Conference/League Two. Give him a go and see if he shines. If he does bang them in then bring him back and give him another chance. If not then he can join his mates at Stalybridge.

Or put it this way...I don't want Wolfy getting in the way (taking their subs bench place etc) of their progress towards that.

I don't think he will, because it's clear Shez prefers Lewis and Deano above Wolfy.

But my point was it would be nice to see what he could do with a big frontman up front with him. He's just had little cameo appearances for 4 years and very rarely a full game.

So Wolfy is good enough to be in our squad for 4 years, but he's not good enough to ever play?........

Like Alessandra warranted a place in the team! If it wasn't for Hughes limping off against Carlisle you'd be saying the same about Alessandra ("hasn't proved himself to warrant a start, get rid"). Alessandra has played more than Wolfy and hasn't scored....same goes for Smalley.

Why has Wolfy been in our squad if it is so clear he's not cut out for professional football?

Surely he must have impressed someone to play for us? So if he's here why hasn't he been given a shot?

Hopefully this should be a cracking signing,subject to his fitness!

Plenty of Vale fans were quick to call him a lazy so and so last season,but you can't argue with Leon's goals per game ratio!!

Whilst the likes of Alessandra and Smalley have played well since coming into the team,with all due respect to the lads,they don't pose a great scoring threat!

Now,at the business end of the season is when we need to be Both creating and putting away chances.

Done your job today Shez :D

So Wolfy is good enough to be in our squad for 4 years, but he's not good enough to ever play?........

Like Alessandra warranted a place in the team! If it wasn't for Hughes limping off against Carlisle you'd be saying the same about Alessandra ("hasn't proved himself to warrant a start, get rid"). Alessandra has played more than Wolfy and hasn't scored....same goes for Smalley.

Why has Wolfy been in our squad if it is so clear he's not cut out for professional football?

Surely he must have impressed someone to play for us? So if he's here why hasn't he been given a shot?

Don't start putting words in my mouth fella!!! That's severely clutching at straws!!! Utter balls I'd be saying it about Lewis for this one sole fact you can't seem to get your head around....Lewis....6mths!!! (Oh....wait on....3mths....as he did his ankle in the summer!) Wolfy.....4yrs!!!

Anyway, as is pointed out....Lewis is clearly preferred as Wolfy's only near the squad or in it when we're utterly depleted upfront. That's kept his Latics career going for 4yrs. It won't be a 5th. Good luck to him, I don't want him to fail but time's up. You give him another 4yrs if you like though and another and another.....you never know, we could have our first non-regular player getting a testimonial at this rate :grin:

He was built like a miniature tank! Granted he was a dwarf but he was 100% solid muscle until he turned to the Coke Pie diet. Maradona could bounce defenders off him for fun and took a hell of a kicking in every game he played, whatever Wolfy has going for him that comparison doesn't stand.

Dragging it back two hours I know, but it's every Latics fan's god given right to compare every striker we have with Maradona. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't get what is so complicated here?

Wolfy hasn't done enough (for most) in his 4 years to warrant a run of starts based on his appearances as sub etc.

Deano and Lewis both have (and most importantly they have in Shez' eyes and that's all that matters).

Send the lad out on loan to a league 2 club. If he does well he comes back a better, more experienced and confident player. If he doesn't, it confirms what the management team clearly seem to already think, and we allow his contract to expire in the summer. It's a win/win situation for the club. As has been said many times, there's no room for sentiment, particularly at a club with a limited budget.

Or are we suggesting that we should play a player who - thus far - doesn't look like he's got what it takes to cut the mustard, at a vital stage of the season when we can still qualify for the play offs?

Send the lad out on loan. If he does well he comes back a better, more experienced and confident player. If he doesn't, it confirms what the management team clearly seem to already think, and we allow his contract to expire in the summer. It's a win/win situation for the club. As has been said many times, there's no room for sentiment, particularly at a club with a limited budget.

That'll never work. Imagine if we'd sent Trotman out last season. Oh....wait :grin:

Good signing I think. Only a month to fill the gap till Davies and Hughes are back and gives us a different option rather than having to use the younger lads.

It puts the arrogant little sod that is Wolfy further down the pecking order still, but I suppose it just mean's someone else will have to play the 2 minute man now.

Go on Leon!

Why's he an arrogent little sod, Luke? Did he spill your Blue Wkd when you were out, ballooning in Oldham or something? :wink:

Pretty much pal. :lol: That and the fact he has just as many "Yes" men as Floyd Mayweather if not more, surrounding him. Just the way he always come across when you see him out - the complete opposite to the likes of Eardley, Taylor, Stam, even Simon Corney. "did you see my goal." - though after the Vale goal. He might get a well done back. Rather than the time he tried to make his goal line tap in against Blackpool in the playoff's sound Maradona-esque :shock: What made it worse was that he was out at the time with Chris Lever who'd just been released from his contract and was well and truely gutted about it. Looked as though Wolfy couldnt give two hoots about Lever's predicament at all.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Pretty much pal. :lol: That and the fact he has just as many "Yes" men as Floyd Mayweather if not more, surrounding him. Just the way he always come across when you see him out - the complete opposite to the likes of Eardley, Taylor, Stam, even Simon Corney. "did you see my goal." - though after the Vale goal. He might get a well done back. Rather than the time he tried to make his goal line tap in against Blackpool in the playoff's sound Maradona-esque :shock: What made it worse was that he was out at the time with Chris Lever who'd just been released from his contract and was well and truely gutted about it. Looked as though Wolfy couldnt give two hoots about Lever's predicament at all.

If you scored for Latics, off your arse, tell me you wouldn't lap it up like it was the Giggs FA Cup semi-final winner or something. You do that when you play for the OWTB team! :grin:

If you scored for Latics, off your arse, tell me you wouldn't lap it up like it was the Giggs FA Cup semi-final winner or something. You do that when you play for the OWTB team! :grin:

Yes, but that's because i'm an arrogant little *****. :wink::grin::lol: Time to Go.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooon!