Here comes the Shez out brigade again :(

yeah forgot to add crossley,who has been very good the last few weeks making great saves,with a dodgy defence in front of him.

i didnt see him puke and i was watching from the second he went down until he stood up again,he spat a few times but didnt puke,he did need smelling salts and seemed to have blurred vision.then pulls off a cracking save in the second half but left totally exposed by stam trying to play offside,someone needs to tell him to play to the whistle.

You can't have been watching him all that carefully then Ed, cos he DEFINITELY puked. He was on his hands and knees at the time.

Is it me or is Sheridan tacticaly niave ? we played a rigid 4 4 2 formation last night. All the game we had a flat back 4 even though they only had one attacker up front ! When we were chasing the game why not thow bodies forward ? he dithered over bringing Smalley on last night and when he finally brought him on to replace Jarret where did he go into midfield !. I'm sorry but these are the reasons why we have such a rubbish home record. The team is set up the same whether we are at home or away. Yes it works away but at home we play too deep. Personally I hope Wednesday do come in for Sheridan the set up of the team is down to him yet he blames the players for last nights display but he also should share the blame. The other thing that really concerns me was that Hartlepool were really up for it and yet our team wern't, do we want to get into the play off's ??

You watch different game than me. He covered every blade of glass last neet, popped up in left mid, right mid, centre mid, covered Eardo couple of times, even covered for Ruben once or twice, nearly scored - he played a blinder - seems to be scapegoat all the time on here!

No I didnt even go was at work.

I was asking in general who was being reffered to as "Casper".

For me he goes missing far too often and I'd get rid. Thats my opinion. Thats what this board is for, is it not?

Edited by Butter

This season has been a bit of a joke in my eyes.

I remember talking pre-season about how this was Shez's big chance, how he'd done well to take what Ronnie had started to build, and turned that into a force to be reckoned with. A few tweaks to that, and strengthening in key areas, would see us make the playoffs again with ease.

Yet we seem to have gone backwards.

People talk about the good football Shez's teams play, but I can't see it. We've had some good results this season, but apart from Everton, when have the performances really impressed? Even in some of our biggest wins - Walsall, Yeovil, Vale - we've looked average at best.

I sit near BB80 at the games, and have discussed the 'limitations' point a few times. It's all about potential with managers, circumstances around the club are never going to be constant, so we're unlikely to continually be able to move forward, yet the manager should be able to at least hint that he's developing, and improving year on year. Will Shez be able to put this season behind him, and put together a squad who can challenge next year? That's the big question for me. He has the summer transfer window, and he better use it wisely, as if he doesn't, and we start next season poorly, I think he may not get another one.

Someone previously mentioned the apparent lack of professionalism at the club - this to me stands out when it comes to the simple things - taking throw-ins, corners, etc. Other teams come and are obviously well drilled, they have routines, they have a plan. We don't. If something as basic as that isn't getting the attention it deserves, then it makes you wonder what else doesn't get picked up on.

Sorry for the rant, but I have to say I'm losing the faith a little.

No I didnt even go was at work.

I was asking in general who was being reffered to as "Casper".

For me he goes missing far too often and I'd get rid. Thats my opinion. Thats what this board is for, is it not?

Sure is dude - just saying he was brill and very energetic last night (as IMHO he is most weeks!)

Finally somebody else has realised that it is the players who are at fault and not Shez.

I feel another new pointless Shez Out poll starting soon.

These are the players that Shez brought into the club though. The only players out there last night who Shez didnt bring into the team was Stam, and you could argue that Taylor and Eardley were given their debuts before Shez took over. Last season we had the remains of Moores team and a couple of Shez signings this season its all Shez. If it was only the odd game where the players were letting him down then fair enough it could be argued it was just down to the players but its not, it's week after week of poor performances and its down to the manager to either correct it on the training pitch or change the system/players or just get the best out of the players, we have some decent league one players and some excellent young prospects all it needs is for someone to bring out the best in them and that is Sheridans job. I'm not one of the "Shez our brigade" but he needs to learn/improve sooner rather than later

Edited by Gemma06

These are the players that Shez brought into the club though. The only players out there last night who Shez didnt bring into the team was Stam, and you could argue that Taylor and Eardley were given their debuts before Shez took over. Last season we had the remains of Moores team and a couple of Shez signings this season its all Shez. If it was only the odd game where the players were letting him down then fair enough it could be argued it was just down to the players but its not, it's week after week of poor performances and its down to the manager to either correct it on the training pitch or change the system/players or just get the best out of the players, we have some decent league one players and some excellent young prospects all it needs is for someone to bring out the best in them and that is Sheridans job. I'm not one of the "Shez our brigade" but he needs to learn/improve sooner rather than later

Great post. And actually, those sniping about the "Shez out" brigade being around.....actually, quite the opposite....the likes of Kyleoafc and Oafcprozac haven't been at it so much when for me, this game is the biggest one yet this season to say "has Shez got what it takes?" If you read my comments, I'm not a Shez out.....I think he's limited but as to whether that'll stop him from being able to take us up, I don't know. Last night gave me the first real chunk of doubt that he can. Another big game, another odd team selection that resembled the sort we put out in September which produced the exact same :censored:. In what for me, was the biggest game of this season to keep our season alive. It's gone now....we could go and beat the Tramps on Sat and say it's all back on.....but even if we do (which I can't see us doing) Brighton is the main threat for me now and they're on a roll like Blackpools last season. The death knell for 2007/8 was sounded for me last night and thus I'll comment on it.

Sure is dude - just saying he was brill and very energetic last night (as IMHO he is most weeks!)

Another who presumably liked Branston?

I like my players to be all-action, but also to actually positively affect the play too. Sadly, McD very rarely did.....I could run about the midfield if you like. You'll notice me too....but I probably won't add much to the game either.

Edited by boundaryblue80

by adding to the game presume you mean killer pass, inch perfect cross - coz whilst macca was covering every blade of grass, he was covering for out of position players, marking people, tackling, playing simple passes which are qualities so undervalued in football these days - so for me yes, he did influence the game and WAS effective!