he must do some fecking amazing things in training since he touches the ball more than any other player, seems to be our main playmaker despite showing no passing ability and our main crosser of the ball whilst again, showing no crossing ability.

and on todays performance our main hoofer, showing no hoofing ability :)

I really don't understand why Shez has made Eardley captain.

He really doesn't need it as he is still learning his game, maybe in a couple of years when his game is more assured then he could take it on but at the moment Allott seems the right candidate, experienced, plays in a authoritative position, he sets a good example with his style of play and now, opposite to my previous worry, he is assured a place in the starting XI.

Eardley is one of our developing prospects, captaincy at this stage for him will stunt his development.

I remember leaving the blackpool play off last season. Me and my mates said Eardley should be sold that summer before people realise he's "s**t" It must be done this summer, whilst we can get some money for him.

I remember leaving the blackpool play off last season. Me and my mates said Eardley should be sold that summer before people realise he's "s**t" It must be done this summer, whilst we can get some money for him.

never been a fan of eardley.....

i think that he shows touches of quality from time to time, but no where near consistent enough........

me! well i have a theory.... i think that they know he'll be going soon(?) and that they could possibly get a better price for him if he is an established captain

a poor game of football tonight! with poor refs to boot!

i sit a few rows back in the main stand and could hear the players calling to each other!! so me thinks they can damn well hear the fans moaning and groaning!

we may seem to think we have a right to do it? but it doesn't mean that it's the right thing to do...

Edited by thetramdriver

Can we have a thread like this about Taylor too?

He is crapper than Eardley by a country mile.

KtF,

Derek.

at least taylor tries to beat his man,and seems to have his corners sorted.

played bad against swindon but tonight eardly was just crap.poor distribution and decision making,just hoof hoof n more hoof,i bet ronnie moore is clapping his hands and laughing his cock off if he sent scouts here tonight,play like that on saturday and they will wipe the floor with us.seriously. we are that bad.

All blame Eardley if you like...but you and I can see Eardley's limitations in passing and crossing so why can't Shez? And thus why does he then ask him to run 50yds down field with ball at feet, look up and cross it in?

As a defender, at RB, Eardley's mostly very solid. When he's asked to do what he was tonight, he's shown up for his inabilities. Yet the manager constantly asks of him to do it with Smalley kicking his heels on the bench as our totally unbalanced side sank quicker than the Titanic.

So where does the buck stop? Clegg made a career from passing the ball to his RW (luckily for him, it being Beckham)....a RB needs a god damn right :censored:ing winger to find but nah, we'll play 4-4-2 without one....nice one Shez! Felt sorry for Eardley to be asked to do a thankless task as Shez blew another massive game, with another poorly thought out starting line up.

All blame Eardley if you like...but you and I can see Eardley's limitations in passing and crossing so why can't Shez? And thus why does he then ask him to run 50yds down field with ball at feet, look up and cross it in?

As a defender, at RB, Eardley's mostly very solid. When he's asked to do what he was tonight, he's shown up for his inabilities. Yet the manager constantly asks of him to do it with Smalley kicking his heels on the bench as our totally unbalanced side sank quicker than the Titanic.

So where does the buck stop? Clegg made a career from passing the ball to his RW (luckily for him, it being Beckham)....a RB needs a god damn right :censored:ing winger to find but nah, we'll play 4-4-2 without one....nice one Shez! Felt sorry for Eardley to be asked to do a thankless task as Shez blew another massive game, with another poorly thought out starting line up.

We're not playing 4-4-2, it's 4-3/1-2

4 at the back, 3 central mids, 1 winger and 2 up front.

The big problem with Eards is his distribution - mainly 'cos he has no option in front of him and has to choose between the long cross and running the wing to leave the defence exposed.

Our biggest attacking threat tonight came from lomax as he could (and would) run the wing and leave taylor behind him.

We're not playing 4-4-2, it's 4-3/1-2

4 at the back, 3 central mids, 1 winger and 2 up front.

The big problem with Eards is his distribution - mainly 'cos he has no option in front of him and has to choose between the long cross and running the wing to leave the defence exposed.

Our biggest attacking threat tonight came from lomax as he could (and would) run the wing and leave taylor behind him.

Well yeah....I'll give ya that....about the formations but McD just ended up going out there onto the right and playing Casper again. The one great chance he got to cross in was abysmal (can't blame him, he ain't a RW). It's utterly lob-sided and just doesn't work. Good point about Lomax too! I was the first and probably the only person saying last season that he might be worth a shot at RW....infact, :censored: it....I played RW at college and showed a few in Germany'06 I can still whip a dynamite cross in....I might nip down to Chapel Road tomorrow myself!!!

Well yeah....I'll give ya that....about the formations but McD just ended up going out there onto the right and playing Casper again. The one great chance he got to cross in was abysmal (can't blame him, he ain't a RW). It's utterly lob-sided and just doesn't work. Good point about Lomax too! I was the first and probably the only person saying last season that he might be worth a shot at RW....infact, :censored: it....I played RW at college and showed a few in Germany'06 I can still whip a dynamite cross in....I might nip down to Chapel Road tomorrow myself!!!

:laught16::laught30:

As for the one chance to cross...had you gone for a 'brew and a pie when he 'did' their right back and put a great ball in from the 'left' wing midway through the first half?

As for some of those having a 'pop' at Eardley and Taylor (just a reminder 19 and 21 years old!!), the lookers lower and upper definately has its fair share of critics with these two guys....but ffs give them a break - there's been far worse footballers at bp, who i haven't heard criticised with the same rubbish as these lads get - local/youth product or not - they are young lads trying to make their break in the game - get behind them.

As a team we were poor again last night - yet these two seem to 'kop' it on a regular basis. :(

Edited by futchers briefs

Eardley wasn't at the races last night, but why persist playing macca rw? he continually drifts in and although it's been mentioned as a 4-3-1-2 it isn't!! Granted a lot of it is down to the players available, but having macca out there is doing the team no favours at all. All action - yes, can't fault his work rate, but his runs etc actual force us so narrow centrally - esp playing with 2 more holding cm in allott and jarrett - it is easy for packed oppo defences to deal with. The weakest part of Eardleys game is (quite obviously) his distribution and yet he is continually left as our attacking outlet (often with no cover behind him).

Get a proper rw in front of eardley and perhaps we might see eardley's performances picking up.

Eardley wasn't exactly on top form last night, some 'orrible errors. But by my reckoning his crosses were our biggest threat (and often are), and usually (usually) he makes very few if any defensive mistakes. He's suffering most of all because we're not playing with a winger in front of him, which means when the ball comes to him (which it does alot) his options are often limited to long cross or down field punts. That's not entirely his fault. Personally I'd give Allott the armband, but I rate Eardley highly. When he does go it'll be for a decent fee.

Edited by garcon

he must do some fecking amazing things in training since he touches the ball more than any other player, seems to be our main playmaker despite showing no passing ability and our main crosser of the ball whilst again, showing no crossing ability.

It was also pointed out last night that all of our crosses (and I do mean ALL of them) end up being floated gently into the 6yd box to allow the keeper/centre back to deal with it easily?

Why don't we mix it up occassionally with low crosses being driven in hard and fast on the floor?

We've become so predictable that it's gone beyong a joke!

KtF,

Derek.

Quoted for motherfunking truth!

People were rabbitting on about Wolfy yesterday saying how he isn't built for League One and that he'd get out muscled....that happens to Taylor everytime! Taylor can win the ball when there's nobody there! He can't even take the ball down well he missed the ball with his foot three times in the space of 5 minutes yesterday.....anyone who thinks that he would command a fee is deluding themselves, he had a spark two seasons ago, he hasn't fufilled it, unlucky Chris, nice lad, not good enough!

Eardley is a defender apart from some of the crap balls he does his job, well....he rarely plays the ball into danger he gets back very fast and make forwards runs with the ball. Eardley is getting stick because some of his crosses are bad.....why don't we have better side midfielders to cross the ball?! As a defender Eardley fits the bill!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

:laught16::laught30:

As for the one chance to cross...had you gone for a 'brew and a pie when he 'did' their right back and put a great ball in from the 'left' wing midway through the first half?

As for some of those having a 'pop' at Eardley and Taylor (just a reminder 19 and 21 years old!!), the lookers lower and upper definately has its fair share of critics with these two guys....but ffs give them a break - there's been far worse footballers at bp, who i haven't heard criticised with the same rubbish as these lads get - local/youth product or not - they are young lads trying to make their break in the game - get behind them.

As a team we were poor again last night - yet these two seem to 'kop' it on a regular basis. :(

Thought Eardley was pretty solid in the first half, but his game dropped heavily in the second (Typical of his inconsistency I'm afraid), but I could never subscribe to that "he's still only a kid" mentality - At 21 a player will generally have been professionally coached for 9 or 10 years, and an international has experienced game levels higher than most 31 year old experienced club players.

Eards is far from a favourite of mine - I think he is overrated - but occasionally he shows us what he can do, and what he should be doing consistently, and that makes him a very frustrating player.

KtF,

Derek.

But Taylor is a self confessed latics fan so no-one can say anything bad about him!

I think Eardley is a very good prospect, at the moment he has the added responsibility of being captain, i think was a mistake giving it to him but Shez thought it would be a confidence booster for him, unnforunately it didnt work out that way and to take it off him now before Gregan comes back would do him no good either. He also has no-one playing in front of him, McDonald isn't a winger so naturally drifts inside. There is no leader in the back line either, Shez keeps shouting at Stam to talk more but it's not something that comes naturally to him and it's not something you can teach. Sometimes Eardley does make the wrong decisions and sometimes he tries to play passes that don't come off but he is still learning and he is willing to try things. We have a lot of good young prospects in and around our first team, unnfortunately we have too many of them in our first team with no real leaders in the team.

Agree totally, he's not too bad at defending apart form getting caught out of position a bit but he can't cross. I guess the reason he has to run with the ball and put the cross in (from far too deep I might add) is because our naturally right sided wide player is running into blind alleys on the left.

Thought Eardley was pretty solid in the first half, but his game dropped heavily in the second (Typical of his inconsistency I'm afraid), but I could never subscribe to that "he's still only a kid" mentality - At 21 a player will generally have been professionally coached for 9 or 10 years, and an international has experienced game levels higher than most 31 year old experienced club players.

Eards is far from a favourite of mine - I think he is overrated - but occasionally he shows us what he can do, and what he should be doing consistently, and that makes him a very frustrating player.

We'll find out in two years then had we?

I wasn't suggesting a 'still a kid' mentality - but was merely pointing out that at 18-21 in particular, whether coached professionally for 10 years (GENERALLY) or not, they are still learning their trade and are likely to 'often' make mistakes and wrong decisions. When pan lids at 21 have been to school for '10 years' they don't do everything their teachers have told them do they? As for international games, 2 or 3 games at that level will have given him good experience for sure - but that wont have significantly improved his game yet!!

As for inconsistent - i thought he did his job as a defender well enough yesterday - rarely getting beat, recovering well when required and clearing his lines mostly at the right times. But as most people have stated, because Eardley does have ability,he is willing to get forward and put crosses in, due to us not having a 'natural right midfielder/winger. However, if he continues to get forward, his crossing and general distribution will undoubtedly improve. If he was so consistent, then he wouldn't be playing in the 3rd division.

We'll find out in two years then had we?
posted in reply to futchers briefs reminding us that Taylor and Eards are 19 and 21.

At 21 a player will generally have been professionally coached for 9 or 10 years, and an international has experienced game levels higher than most 31 year old experienced club players. Badly written I'll grant you, but not worthy of your nitpicking :D

Agreed with everything else in FB's post but I really do think that schoolboy errors should have been coached out of players by the time they hit the first team.