Quoted for motherfunking truth!

People were rabbitting on about Wolfy yesterday saying how he isn't built for League One and that he'd get out muscled....that happens to Taylor everytime! Taylor can win the ball when there's nobody there! He can't even take the ball down well he missed the ball with his foot three times in the space of 5 minutes yesterday.....anyone who thinks that he would command a fee is deluding themselves, he had a spark two seasons ago, he hasn't fufilled it, unlucky Chris, nice lad, not good enough!

Eardley is a defender apart from some of the crap balls he does his job, well....he rarely plays the ball into danger he gets back very fast and make forwards runs with the ball. Eardley is getting stick because some of his crosses are bad.....why don't we have better side midfielders to cross the ball?! As a defender Eardley fits the bill!

Okay, maybe that's a little harsh on Taylor, however I don't want him to have no competition for his place next season....I think we should be looking to bring in someone better than him and let Taylor play from the bench.

How about trying Eardly as an attacking midfielder in the Kilkenny mould ?

He is good running with the ball, his short passing game is ok, and he strikes the ball well.

Also, with playing more central and further up the field he would be less inclined to hoof the ball.

I remember many years ago Ken Knighton converting from full back to midfield, and he was a revelation.

If you don't try it you will never know.

He is good running with the ball, his short passing game is ok, and he strikes the ball well.

Also, with playing more central and further up the field he would be less inclined to hoof the ball.

I remember many years ago Ken Knighton converting from full back to midfield, and he was a revelation.

Dear God.

Call yourself a scout? I suggested that last season when he broke through :ass3: Despite Coco's reservations I think it could work. Not as attacking CM so much as a box to box one. He has bags of energy, he can tackle, track players, he can pass well (along the ground anyway), he's calm in possession, and he has probably the hardest shot in the squad with either foot. Doesn't seem absurd to think about him in the middle IMO.

It's about constructive as the idea of putting Neal Eardley in an attacking midfield role.

I know, lets put Deane Smalley in goal, I mean he can jump pretty high.

Actually it's not that bad an idea, atleast he won't be anywhere near the wing so won't put those excuse for crosses into the box.

ok, you were slightly constructive in your reply Mr Coco, but not as much as Leesie.

I have seen many players converted from their accepted positions over the years, some worked, some didn't.

Here at Latics Ian Wood from centre forward to full back, Maurice Whittle from midfield to full back, Ian Marshall centre half to centre forward.

For Senor Coco, I've even known outfield players convert to goalkeepers - Harry Dowd in his youth springs to mind.

The most remarkable one for me at another club was Malcom McDonald, who was a very ordinary fullback until he later went on to become a prolific goalscoring centre forward.

My point is if these things are not tried how will anyone know for sure a players best position ?

My next suggestion is Allesandra in a deeper lying role behind two strikers.

Edited by BP1960

As for the one chance to cross...had you gone for a 'brew and a pie when he 'did' their right back and put a great ball in from the 'left' wing midway through the first half?

To be fair, for the first time ever I did leave my seat in the 1st half for a piss and a pie....and part way through heard an "ooooh!" followed by clapping. Must've been that then :grin: