Value for Money/Attendances.....

Living for the false hope of a glimmering light that we just might do something. Always the case with Latics and once again it falls on it's backside and everything about it comes out looking amatuerish beyond belief.

That is - bar Lewis Allesandra who tonight can hold his head high on a decent performance. Some very good touches, movement and a bit of energy and threat about him. Massive prospect. Just need's a goal.

There was a thing on the radio on the way home about how if you'd gone to a restaraunt and been served up such a rubbish meal, you'd be well in your rights to seek a full refund. The attendance was pitiful, but can anyone really blame those who didnt turn up - they were correct in their decision to do so and even if my sister wasnt penned in to give birth on the day before the Bournemouth game - I think i'd give it a miss for the simple reason that I dont know how I can even come to terms with paying to watch something which for the vast majority of the season has been a major let down.

For weeks now, people on here have been banging on about attendances and why the people who havent got season tickets have been picking and choosing their games. It's because simply from the start of the season to it's current state. This season has offered absolutely no value for money - bar those very few and far between away days. Everything about the club tonight was distinctively amatuerish. Low crowd, no atmosphere, the constant getting on players backs from the same individuals in the Lookers Upper every week - thankfully the lad sat next to OhJohnnyEyre told them what he thought, even if it probably did go through one ear and out the other. As for the catering in the Paddock. Shambolic.

Leon Constantine. I thought he'd be a good signing before making a judgement. He came on for a player who'd been causing a few problems in the opening stages and been showing some good touches. He was a massive letdown. How can someone that tall be so afraid to jump for a header???

Reuben immense at the back but he need's someone to play alongside him who isnt such a liability. Stam simply isnt good enough.

Far too predictable once again. We must be a scouts dream come true for the opposition.

Hartlepool always looked the more threatening of the two side's and fully deserved the 3 points. We for about the 7th time this season at home, huffed and puffed but you always struggled to think just where a goal was going to come from.

The sad thing is that a win on saturday and people will have that false wishful hope feeling once again. Not good enough Latics - Simple as.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

yeah pretty much agree with that apart from the Stam bit, he has been woeful in recent weeks bit was immense tonite, i feel Leeds are using us more than we are using them with the loan deal, why else would anyone lend their players to a team pushing them for a play off spot, we get him fit they tek him back.

poor attendence, poor performance (Again!) sorry to all the keyboard warriors who will sabotage this post but, Shez has to shoulder most of the blame

yeah pretty much agree with that apart from the Stam bit, he has been woeful in recent weeks bit was immense tonite, i feel Leeds are using us more than we are using them with the loan deal, why else would anyone lend their players to a team pushing them for a play off spot, we get him fit they tek him back.

poor attendence, poor performance (Again!) sorry to all the keyboard warriors who will sabotage this post but, Shez has to shoulder most of the blame

i have to agree,thats two tuesday nights on the bounce,and i didnt think it could get much worse than swindon,how wrong was i.

i even brought my lad with me tonight,and even he was fed up halway through.

i dont think i could put me or him through that again,just absolutely woefull tonight,to say were supposed to be in with a shout of the playoffs,you would hope that the team would want to get the advantage for saturdays game to give us a decent chance of drawing level with them,how wrong can you get.

hazell allot n allessandra,thats how many players put the effort in.

hugely dissapointed in constantine,didnt look interested,wouldnt jump,wouldnt go towards the ball.hope he improves as i had high hopes of doing well for us.

no wonder the crowds are down after serving that tripe up yet again for the umpteenth time this season.dont really give a flying :censored: if i get critiscised for not beleiving we can go up or not,people need to face facts,were rubbish,cant play passing football and just hoof it up every game.i really dont want to waste £20 on another game in the faint hope we play half decent.the product on the pitch doesnt match the price of admission or the expectancy.

I thought Constantine looked totally unfit and berift of energy. A lad running on empty. This may be the case considering he's not played a game since NYD. The lad scored goals aplenty at Port Vale so he has got it in him. No judgement on him from me until he's played the next two games. Which he probably will as I suspect the lad Robertson has played his last game for us.

This season has offered absolutely no value for money - bar those very few and far between away days.

The home performances have been awful, not just the results, we just haven't been playing well at home. This year, during term time, I've seen us once at home, and that's just because I happened to be home when we had the Crewe cup game. There's no way I'm spending a fortune driving home to watch that drivel. Yet I'm more than happy to splash out to drive away - eleven times I've parted with substantial chunks of the student loan to see us on the road this year, and I'll be at Luton next week. Am I coming home for Tranmere? No chance.

As you said Rocky, if we beat Tranmere then everyone will be looking stupid saying 'if, just if', and I know I'll be one of them. After eleven years in this sodding division, you have to seize every small excitement...even if that is being 'just' two points off the playoffs.

EEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIII EEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII EEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII O....

It's clearly not value for money at the moment which is highlighted by the Oldham public voting with their feet.

A bit of food for thought; Rotten Ronnie was sacked because of low season ticket sales during the summer, wonder what this summer will bring if some of the posts on here are true?

It's clearly not value for money at the moment which is highlighted by the Oldham public voting with their feet.

A bit of food for thought; Rotten Ronnie was sacked because of low season ticket sales during the summer, wonder what this summer will bring if some of the posts on here are true?

To be honest, when our lot got Ronnie the sack, I expected our current plight during last season. I expected us struggling and attendances to be as lower, if not lower, than our lot were predicting would be had Ronnie stayed. Thankfully, Ronnie's squad did well for Shez and then he ripped it apart to start his own squad. Just hope he finishes off the building of it in time for next season....but even then, that won't stop him picking the wrong side for vital games ala last night, ala Crewe last season etc. etc. Very worrying times.....how far will Shez's limitations, stop him taking us forward?

:omg::omg:

I still don't see how he sees that as an acceptable excuse!

:lol::lol:

Because i'd much rather be making sure my sister was alright and her house was ready than paying to watch that. That said, come 7:45pm, i'll probably find myself walking down sheepfoot lane. :blink::blink:

Because i'd much rather be making sure my sister was alright and her house was ready than paying to watch that. That said, come 7:45pm, i'll probably find myself walking down sheepfoot lane. :blink::blink:

Hmm, what is the record youngest spectator at Oldham?

See if she can knock him out at half seven and bring him* along.

*Obviously if it's a bird leave it be.

Oh for goodness sake, some people use giving birth as an excuse for anything!!!

Hmm, what is the record youngest spectator at Oldham?

See if she can knock him out at half seven and bring him* along.

*Obviously if it's a bird leave it be.

We took ours at 10 weeks to watch Latics v Leeds but I'm sure there must've been younger spectators!

In the 3rd division champion winning 1973/74 season, i was 6months old (still in the womb!!) in mi mums bulging belly (sorry mum!) :blush: , stood at the back of the chaddy end!!

I was -3 months then!! That's pretty young!! :D

I remember the celebrations well!!! :wink:

Edited by futchers briefs

Oh for goodness sake, some people use giving birth as an excuse for anything!!!

We took ours at 10 weeks to watch Latics v Leeds but I'm sure there must've been younger spectators!

So was he/she ok at 10 weeks with all the noise(I know what noise, should I say maoning) - I have a little one who is 6 months old but has not been yet

So was he/she ok at 10 weeks with all the noise(I know what noise, should I say maoning) - I have a little one who is 6 months old but has not been yet

Yeah she was fine and still is but can get a little bored, can't we all?!! She's coming up to 4 now and has been to loads of games and quite a few away games too. She def has the Latics bug, has quite a bit of merchandise that she has chosen herself, favourite player is Les because he wears yellow! Chaddy Owl is a bit hit although can be a bit scary for the very young :grin:

She's even been overheard singing 'Oh when the blues' when she's been sat playing with her toys. The only problem we have is getting away with going to games and not taking her, we have to tell her we're going to work!!

Yeah she was fine and still is but can get a little bored, can't we all?!! She's coming up to 4 now and has been to loads of games and quite a few away games too. She def has the Latics bug, has quite a bit of merchandise that she has chosen herself, favourite player is Les because he wears yellow! Chaddy Owl is a bit hit although can be a bit scary for the very young :grin:

She's even been overheard singing 'Oh when the blues' when she's been sat playing with her toys. The only problem we have is getting away with going to games and not taking her, we have to tell her we're going to work!!

Sounds like William should be going soon already on his second kit. Jods(my wife)misses the latics so I think it may be a family season ticket next year

His best is that he giggles when we sing "oh when the blues"

Cheers for the feedback tho appreciated, sure they'll both at boundary blues meetings before long