one nil to the.....everyone!

Can anyone remember the last time we lost 9 league games 1-0? That performance was laughable last night. I know many people who just said "they'll only lose 1-0 so i'm not bothering" before the game so stayed tucked up on the coach watching real football in the san siro etc..

There are many fans sat at home propbably saying the same thing i just can't understand why the club/board etc.. are just not bothering to give something back to the fans that don't have a season ticket and play £20 a game to watch that utter crap. I know a lot of you are season ticket holders and will probably not be too happy about people getting in for less but with 3 home games coming up and a distinct lack of support for the team why doesn't anyone at the club come up with some kind of idea to get people through the gate?

The crowd was made up of season ticket holders last night. I'd probably say i was one of the very few who paid on the gate. Why don't they say buy 2 tickets for the first 2 home games and get the 3rd free? Kind of buy 2 get one free? I know plenty of people who would go if there was some kind of offer but there isn't anything.

The club is still living in the dark ages and if the TTA and Co think supporters are gunna come and watch that kind of performance week in week out then they're either stupid or deluded. I'm not having a go at the TTA coz i like them and they've done an awful lot for the club but something needs to change coz more and more people like me (ex season ticket holder for 10 years) are not bothering going any more.

After last's night's performance you won't be seeing me there on Saturday as i've got better things to waste my money on. :angry:

After last's night's performance you won't be seeing me there on Saturday as i've got better things to waste my money on. :angry:

And that is why such a poor crowd last night was a good thing. No one in their right mind would pay to return to watch that even if it is the 'Return of Ronnie II: This Time, It's Personnel'.

If the club arrange three night games in three weeks and a home game on sat in the middle of the champs league they are either daft or not bothered how many turn up. If I didnt have a ticket I could not go to all those games, after last night I may not bother with Bournemouth. If we stuff trannies on sat Ill feel better, probably.

you either support latics or you dont - yes last night was not good but to watch another game while your team is playing at home just cause you dont wanna pay those prices i cannot fathom -

you wanna watch latics but only wanna pay half/ three-quarters of the price.

im not having a go - and yes it can be expensive if you not a season ticket holder but if latics were playing well you would have no quarms about paying full price, and that would be the same if were playing well you wouldnt give two monkeys about watching arsenal beat milan, you be there 100%, and its not always in our hands re-arranging the games -

its frustrating all round at the moment because we are far too inconsistent and lost to another poor team but we ahve to try and stick with it too the end of the season at least for home games anyway

next week - i think the club have given out soem tickets to kids - or so i heard so they are doing a little to get people in.

If the club arrange three night games in three weeks and a home game on sat in the middle of the champs league

Not too sure whether they have much choice in when they play POSTPONED games... it takes two to tango!!!

and what the (and i will censor myself!) does the Champions League have to do with it all?

Hasn't nobody told you, we're not in it this year!!

I'll agree that we need to bring in more support, but to arrange our games around a load of 'Old Trafford from my armchair' united fans is simply ridiculous...

you either support latics or you dont - yes last night was not good but to watch another game while your team is playing at home just cause you dont wanna pay those prices i cannot fathom -

you wanna watch latics but only wanna pay half/ three-quarters of the price.

im not having a go - and yes it can be expensive if you not a season ticket holder but if latics were playing well you would have no quarms about paying full price, and that would be the same if were playing well you wouldnt give two monkeys about watching arsenal beat milan, you be there 100%, and its not always in our hands re-arranging the games -

its frustrating all round at the moment because we are far too inconsistent and lost to another poor team but we ahve to try and stick with it too the end of the season at least for home games anyway

next week - i think the club have given out soem tickets to kids - or so i heard so they are doing a little to get people in.

I don't care if they are giving free tickets to kids mate!!

It's not the kids that are going to spend money every week watching them is it?? It might in the long run attract a couple of kids as Oldham fans but not many.

My point is that's it's not that i can't afford to spend £20 quid on latics it's the fact there are obvisouly not many others that will.

A simple rule of marketing is if you don't think you'll attract people to your prodcut then make them with some kind of offer. Latics CAN and SHOULD do more to attract supporters to the game by offering financial discounts etc...

Your comment about me only wanting to pay half/three quaters of the price might not be a bad idea?

Take your Oldham tinted glasses of for one second and look at the factts. We can all come up with this rubbish about there being 3 games in a week at home and people don't want to watch us v hartlepool but i'll guarantee you that even if we win on Saturday the crowd against Bournemouth will be roughly the same or lower.

People don't want to pay £20 to watch Oldham. Simple as that. Why can't the club do something to attract fans (and i know a hell of alot that would) back to the club with some kind of gesture?

I'm not saying go out lower ticket prices but do something to say "hey, we want you at our ground, please come back, here's the offer".

The longer we stay in this division the lower the crowds will go.

But hey, if everyone is happy with way latics are doing it at the minute then fine, i for one am not happy sitting in that morgue of a ground where you can here someone fart from the otherside of the stand it's that quiet.

People don't want to pay £20 to watch Oldham. Simple as that. Why can't the club do something to attract fans (and i know a hell of alot that would) back to the club with some kind of gesture?

The club have been making "gestures" for years to appease the fickle fans like yourself. And it didn't make a blind bit of difference....take it you've quickly/conveniently forgotten the £2 games where it was back to normal soon after. So why should they bother when they just upsticks and disappear straight after/when it suits them. It's suiting you now to turn your back...but as has been said (which you didn't respond to) if we were doing well...chasing Swansea...you'd have the cash and be there. That's called fickle!

PS Have a read of my signature quote....sound familiar???

The club have been making "gestures" for years to appease the fickle fans like yourself. And it didn't make a blind bit of difference....take it you've quickly/conveniently forgotten the £2 games where it was back to normal soon after. So why should they bother when they just upsticks and disappear straight after/when it suits them. It's suiting you now to turn your back...but as has been said (which you didn't respond to) if we were doing well...chasing Swansea...you'd have the cash and be there. That's called fickle!

PS Have a read of my signature quote....sound familiar???

HAVE I NOT SAID IN MY POST BEFORE THAT IT'S NOT ABOUT ME MOANING ABOUT THE GATES BEING £20 AND I PERSONALLY AM UNHAPPY PAYING IT? Jesus wake up.

I'll be there on Saturday eithen though i moan but will others? I'll be there against Bournemouth but will others? My post is supposed to be about attracting other fans unlike me to the game. If you read my post i clearly says "My point is that's it's not that i can't afford to spend £20 quid on latics it's the fact there are obvisouly not many others that will".

As i also said in my previous post if you are happy with sitting in a crowd which you all moan about on here then wouldn't it be nice to drown these people out with a few chants? Half the posts on the first page are about all the so called moaners in the lookers that your all sick of! At least they were there!

And one more thing matey don't tell me i'm fickle as you don't even know me.

HAVE I NOT SAID IN MY POST BEFORE THAT IT'S NOT ABOUT ME MOANING ABOUT THE GATES BEING £20 AND I PERSONALLY AM UNHAPPY PAYING IT? Jesus wake up.

I'll be there on Saturday eithen though i moan but will others? I'll be there against Bournemouth but will others? My post is supposed to be about attracting other fans unlike me to the game. If you read my post i clearly says "My point is that's it's not that i can't afford to spend £20 quid on latics it's the fact there are obvisouly not many others that will".

As i also said in my previous post if you are happy with sitting in a crowd which you all moan about on here then wouldn't it be nice to drown these people out with a few chants? Half the posts on the first page are about all the so called moaners in the lookers that your all sick of! At least they were there!

And one more thing matey don't tell me i'm fickle as you don't even know me.

Lol....7hrs earlier.....

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lol....7hrs earlier.....

LOL. Fair enough, you have me on that one. :wacko:

I shall be there on Saturday and Tuesday regardless of whether win, lose or draw. I was in a mood this morning after last night's performance and the fact that i'm in work.

All i'm trying to say is surely the club must do something to try and get some of the fans back as i think the longer we stay in this division the worse it's gunna get. As i've said i'm not saying the club should reduce the gate fees for every game but something to at least try and get some atmosphere back, i can't remeber the last home game when i had a good sing song. Are you saying that becuase the club has tried before and some fans haven't bothered the next game that they shouldn't try again? We've had some great results when it's been cheap, Grimsby, Northampton etc...Why not at least give it a go when the club needs all the support it can get. Everybody in football says the crowd can be a 12th man, how do you know that if ther was any extra couple of thousand in the ground last night we wouldn't of nicked a draw? At the moment we're a 12th man for the opposition rather than our own.

If your happy with the way it is BB80 then fair enough, i however am not.

Are you saying that becuase the club has tried before and some fans haven't bothered the next game that they shouldn't try again?

If your happy with the way it is BB80 then fair enough, i however am not.

Nope, I'm not happy with how it is but I firmly believe that TTA have decided not to go chasing after those "fans" and just have decided to concentrate now on making off the field, pay for on the field (ala Stadium). It's TTA's decision and thus, their loss, but as Hillstones covered the difference over the £2 games I suspect extra costs ie. policing, stewarding, catering staff etc. means it's loss-making to do it anyway. Either way.....I just feel TTA have given up on the fickle lot now and we won't see any cut-price league games in future....just tickets handed out to schools and kids, as we must keep that presence up for the future support of the club.