Season Ticket Holders

Does anybody know ho many season tickets we sold in the summer..... I think I recall around 4500!!

If so then worryingly not only did we only have 3500 home fans there last night but nearly 1000 season ticket holders couldnt make it.......

I bet there were very few paying customers in the ground last night....... These are the games we should offer entrance for a fiver or similar deals...... An extra 1000 people paying £5.00 last night is a better than having very few £20 notes through the turnstiles

Does anybody know ho many season tickets we sold in the summer..... I think I recall around 4500!!

If so then worryingly not only did we only have 3500 home fans there last night but nearly 1000 season ticket holders couldnt make it.......

I bet there were very few paying customers in the ground last night....... These are the games we should offer entrance for a fiver or similar deals...... An extra 1000 people paying £5.00 last night is a better than having very few £20 notes through the turnstiles

I think it is actually 3500ish season ticket holders - that's been the generally accepted figure for the past couple of seasons.

but on a cold evening paying a fiver you would have . mm, if money is tight fair enough - but i honestly think in some cases it isnt - like i have said on another post playing hartlepool if were playing ok in the play-offs on a cold tuesday night in march - and the champions league was on and you were asked to pay £20 a lot who didnt go last nite would.

I'm a season ticket holder and for god's sake lets make Bournemouth £5. I'm not bothered about the money I will lose, we just need to get some people back through the turnstiles and get a bit of interest back!!!!

Agree with that, I am a season ticket holder too and I couldnt care less if the club let fans in for free... Something needs to be done to address this...

I'm a season ticket holder and for god's sake lets make Bournemouth £5. I'm not bothered about the money I will lose, we just need to get some people back through the turnstiles and get a bit of interest back!!!!

I agree. Too many season ticket holders moan that they are losing out when the cheap or free games come along but we save each game we go too with buying a season ticket. We need an atmosphere building up, the club will make on food and drinks sold too.

We can keep floating these ideas.....simple fact is, they come for one game and :censored: off and thus TTA have had enough of doing it. TTA did them £2 games and it went right back to the norm.....as far as it appears to me, they've decided not to bother with the apathetic anymore. I firmly believe it's their conscience decision and thus they've accepted we've got a fickle few thousand who come along when it suits.

Yes but we are about 3000 people away from our break even figure, and last night if we assume there were not many non-season ticket holders present, we need to do something fast to increase matchday revenue. £5 enterance and extra pies and programes might make up for some of the shortfall we are going to have with all these matches that are close together.

Last night att was off the back of a Win and the chance that if we won Saturdays game with Tranmere could be a playoff decider....... Imagine what the crowd may be next Tuesday if we draw/lose on Saturday..

I dont suggest offering cheap deals every game and I know these fans dont often come back but if it bulks the att for a couple of night games and we sell a few more pies and programms then it all helps....

Better to have these fans there than not at all.....

Edited by NIKI1234

AND with the way we are playing at the moment we are hardly going to attract these fans to come and watch us every week, they'll pay the £5, see us play crap....next match it's £20 and they won't want to know.

Not only watch us play crap football but sit in a crowd who turn on their own players and boo etc. The floating fans that I have brought in the past are reluctant to come back to sit in that kind of atmosphere. And before anyone says 'well you're paying for the priviledge' think about the harm it could be doing to not only the team, but the club too.

Last night att was off the back of a Win and the chance that if we won Saturdays game with Tranmere could be a playoff decider....... Imagine waht the crowd may be next Tuesday if we draw/lose on Saturday..

I dont suggest offering cheap deals every game and I know these fans dont often come back but if it bulks the att for a couple of night games and we sell a few more pies and programms then it all helps....

Better to have these fans there than not at all.....

I have to say that Burnley have a fantastic way of doing this. All season ticket holders received an offer book at the start of the season with their tickets. This had all kinds of offer relating to various games throughout the season - free scarf at one, buy one pie get another free at another few, and most importantly a free ticket for a friend/two at various games which had obviously been selected due to likely small attendances (Scunthorpe mid-week, Colchester and various others)- and for me this is the key to any 'game' offers - go through the season ticket holders (other than Kids for a Quid etc). This will ensure you aren't rattling any of your 'loyal' customers (you'd be suprised at the level of anger directed at the club sometimes from some ticket holder when they've tried offers in the past - for little reward for the club as no-one took up the offers in the numbers expected). Some of the Burnley seasonticket holders I know think these are wonderful, and the club (through this gesture) has ensured that they are going to renew their tickets next season.

But at the end of the day it is down to the product on the pitch as to whether these offers work in ensuring increases over a period of time.

Yes but we are about 3000 people away from our break even figure, and last night if we assume there were not many non-season ticket holders present, we need to do something fast to increase matchday revenue. £5 enterance and extra pies and programes might make up for some of the shortfall we are going to have with all these matches that are close together.

I'd love to know how many paid £20 last night....I'd guess about 250 people (includes away fans that we'd have to offer it to.) Working on 250 paying £20.....that's £5000. So if we charged £5.....then the same 250 x £5 = £1250. Take that from £5000 and you get £3750 we'd have to make up to get that £5000.....so it would have to attract an extra 750 fans to make that same £5000.....before you even make any more money!!! Which I think we'd possibly just about make....Then you have to think of the cost of stewarding and policing etc. I just don't think TTA are interested in going to these lengths anymore. At the risk of losing money further....worrying!

Not only watch us play crap football but sit in a crowd who turn on their own players and boo etc. The floating fans that I have brought in the past are reluctant to come back to sit in that kind of atmosphere. And before anyone says 'well you're paying for the priviledge' think about the harm it could be doing to not only the team, but the club too.

Money's tight for me and I reluctantly have to pick and choose which matches I go to, these days. When I do go to matches I tend to spend my hard earned money watching Latics away from home, where the atmosphere is better. Win or lose it is a much more enjoyable experience watching Latics away. If I can afford one match a month, I'm unlikely to choose one at BP.

I am a season ticket holder and just couldn't make it last night, that's the reality you get with night games.

I think something like Lookers87 has said would be a great idea to follow, I really don't care if they reduce prices for some games, maybe an idea would be to pay Season ticket holders back the next year like, anybody who bought one last year gets the money back for the games in which the prices where cheaper, if you get me.

We really do need to do anything to attract a few more supporters back, a good start would be to start playing well.

I am a season ticket holder and just couldn't make it last night, that's the reality you get with night games.

I think something like Lookers87 has said would be a great idea to follow, I really don't care if they reduce prices for some games, maybe an idea would be to pay Season ticket holders back the next year like, anybody who bought one last year gets the money back for the games in which the prices where cheaper, if you get me.

We really do need to do anything to attract a few more supporters back, a good start would be to start playing well.

i cant really afford to come,but i have and swindon and last night were garbage,so much so i wont come against tranmere or bournmouth,i cant justify paying decent money for that ,and that is the problem,put a product on the pitch and people will come back.

lose against tranmere which is a possibility,and your looking at 3k for bournmouth.you can make all the excuses you want for not attending,but people are giving up because were playing :censored:,end of.

last night were garbage,so much so i wont come against tranmere or bournmouth,i cant justify paying decent money for I'M giving up because were playing :censored:,end of.

As I said to someone elsewhere yesterday....

....if we were doing well...chasing Swansea...you'd have the cash and be there. That's called fickle!

PS Have a read of my signature quote....sound familiar???

BTW, I paid X hundred in May last year....we could be like Vale now, we could be like Swansea....either way I'm there. I accepted what we'll be summed up by stumping up, I don't need hindsight or want it to then turn and run....:censored: or no :censored: this season....keep on talking about "justifying" this and "justifying that and once again.....read the signature below....you and I both know you'd find the cash (have a night out less etc) if you really wanted to, to be there if we were chasing Swansea etc.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Some season ticket holders do not go to night games because of work, family etc...

Maybe be £5 under 16s when with a adult on night games.

Catch 'em young and they'll stay, hence why you and I and most fans on here go to games. Hows about letting kids (Under 14/16?) in for free*?

*Maybe just in the remaining part of the RRE for people who get narky around the little :censored:'s like me.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

As I said to someone elsewhere yesterday....

BTW, I paid X hundred in May last year....we could be like Vale now, we could be like Swansea....either way I'm there. I accepted what we'll be summed up by stumping up, I don't need hindsight or want it to then turn and run....:censored: or no :censored: this season....keep on talking about "justifying" this and "justifying that and once again.....read the signature below....you and I both know you'd find the cash (have a night out less etc) if you really wanted to, to be there if we were chasing Swansea etc.

Like others I have seriously considered not renewing my 20-odd year season ticket next time.

It's not the money - It's about enjoying my hard earned weekend off.

I have watched Latics over 35 years because I like football and they are my local team - Always will be. However, this is the first time I have wished I was doing something else on a Saturday, and believe me, I have seen us field some poor sides.

It is more than likely that I will renew next season (In the annual hope that things have improved), but if I don't I will quite happily be a cock - because I will be a cock who is enjoying himself on the golf course and not sat there thinking what another waste of money this is.

I know a lot of fans who would go home and away every week with me, they have drifted away and no longer miss going to the games - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't miss it either at the moment.

The club have had many thousands out of me in tickets and sponsorships, and may possibly get plenty more - but the moment I feel I am not enjoying being there, and would rather do something more entertaining I will be happy to be labelled whatever any 'true supporter' wishes to call me.

Like others I have seriously considered not renewing my 20-odd year season ticket next time.

It's not the money - It's about enjoying my hard earned weekend off.

I have watched Latics over 35 years because I like football and they are my local team - Always will be. However, this is the first time I have wished I was doing something else on a Saturday, and believe me, I have seen us field some poor sides.

It is more than likely that I will renew next season (In the annual hope that things have improved), but if I don't I will quite happily be a cock - because I will be a cock who is enjoying himself on the golf course and not sat there thinking what another waste of money this is.

I know a lot of fans who would go home and away every week with me, they have drifted away and no longer miss going to the games - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't miss it either at the moment.

The club have had many thousands out of me in tickets and sponsorships, and may possibly get plenty more - but the moment I feel I am not enjoying being there, and would rather do something more entertaining I will be happy to be labelled whatever any 'true supporter' wishes to call me.

I think a lot of people are starting to feel the same. I have been stood/sat in the same area of the lower tier of the main stand since i was 6/7 years old and its always been the same people there week in week out never missing a game, over the last few weeks they have stopped coming and the ones that have are leaving early and many of them aren't bothering buying season tickets next season. If the club puts the prices up again then i probably wont be buying one either unless we make some decent signing this summer

I have been trying to get my nephew to come to games for ages and he has finally started wanting to come, i feel a bit sorry for him that his first taste of watching football is the crap that latics are serving up at the moment

I think a lot of people are starting to feel the same. I have been stood/sat in the same area of the lower tier of the main stand since i was 6/7 years old and its always been the same people there week in week out never missing a game, over the last few weeks they have stopped coming and the ones that have are leaving early and many of them aren't bothering buying season tickets next season. If the club puts the prices up again then i probably wont be buying one either unless we make some decent signing this summer

I have been trying to get my nephew to come to games for ages and he has finally started wanting to come, i feel a bit sorry for him that his first taste of watching football is the crap that latics are serving up at the moment

I know what you mean. I have been promising my 5 year old daughter that I would take her all season, but I want her to enjoy the experience, and I can't see that being the case.

Also, I too sit in the lower main stand, and I wouldn't want any newcomer to have to put up with the likes of me and my mates! (Moans, abuse, endless farting and coarse comments - I'd rather not admit which of those I'm responsible for!).

While I sympathise with many of the above comments and I have been in the position of being unemployed and having to miss Athletic home matches due to lack of cash, supporting your team should be like a marriage (through good and bad times). I admit this is probably the worst home season since 1968/69 but I would still be gutted if I could not go to BP for every home game.

45 seasons and still keeping the faith

While I sympathise with many of the above comments and I have been in the position of being unemployed and having to miss Athletic home matches due to lack of cash, supporting your team should be like a marriage (through good and bad times). I admit this is probably the worst home season since 1968/69 but I would still be gutted if I could not go to BP for every home game.

45 seasons and still keeping the faith

I admire your faith. At the moment I'm also considering kicking the mrs out too, so I'm probably just going through a bad patch :grin: . I'm sure I'll be there next season, but the seeds of doubt have been sown with me, so I can fully appreciate other people not wanting to watch anymore - I'd just say we need to improve hugely to regain their support instead of suggesting they are not real fans for deserting.

The wife has just seen what I'm typing, and reminded me that I can't afford to kick her out, so it looks like I'm gonna be stuck with a bad team and a pain in the arse for at least another season :blush: