Passion, Excitement and Questions

Well I thought I would spread some much needed joy around this forum! My wife and I are coming to boundary park on Saturday to watch the mighty blues. Why the joy I hear many of you cry! Well I'll tell you - I haven't been to Boundary Park for a number of years due to living either on the Isle of Man or Glasgow. We are coming down this weekend as a birthday present for me and I am so excited! I appreciate for the regulars, the atmosphere, attendance and performance may not get you feeling this way, but so you know there will be 2 people in the ground who will be smiling, cheering and living every second of the match. I ask that we put aside the negativity on Saturday and remember why we support the Latics, and cheer 'em on, through thick and thin. That's what supporting Oldham is like and we all know it, otherwise what would be the point of 'Keeping the Faith'...

Anyway I also wanted to ask a couple of practical questions having not been to a football ground for a while - what is allowed in and what isn't - e.g. plastic bottles

In terms of seating, I think we'll head to the main stand as I'd like a good halfway line view of the game - but how much singing happens here, and are there season ticket holder seats that need to be kept free???

Sorry for the basic questions, but want to get it right!

Anyway, crap result last night, but here's to beating the Moore's on Saturday!

Thanks

Edited by JKblues

Well I thought I would spread some much needed joy around this forum! My wife and I are coming to boundary park on Saturday to watch the mighty blues. Why the joy I hear many of you cry! Well I'll tell you - I haven't been to Boundary Park for a number of years due to living either on the Isle of Man or Glasgow. We are coming down this weekend as a birthday present for me and I am so excited! I appreciate for the regulars, the atmosphere, attendance and performance may not get you feeling this way, but so you know there will be 2 people in the ground who will be smiling, cheering and living every second of the match.

Anyway I also wanted to ask a couple of practical questions having not been to a football ground for a while - what is allowed in and what isn't - e.g. plastic bottles

In terms of seating, I think we'll head to the main stand as I'd like a good halfway line view of the game - but how much singing happens here, and are there season ticket holder seats that need to be kept free???

Thanks

hi mate!!

i live in the main stand....... most of the season ticket holders live in the middle of the stand really... worse that will happen is someone will simply ask you to find another seat as that is their seat....

not sure about bringing plastic bottles in, but they sell them in the 'tuck shop' so would'nt of thought there would be a problem there either...

things aren't great at the moment mate, but the team seems to pick up for 'big' games, and you never know one or two may still want to prove a point to rocket ronnie!

lastly........ ENJOY!!

Plastic bottles are allowed in and obviously bp is now all none smoking (apart from the odd sneaky sneaky in the bogs)... we iv never had a problem with it. I usually live in the lower lookers but the last few games iv been to iv sat in the main stand paddock due to bein on my tod... if i ever sit in the main stand its gotta be the paddock weather permitting more or less all seats are available as most st holders sit in the upper.. good atmosphere their too! There aint any singing but when i go there is usally a bit of fun banter which always has me in stitches and you also get a verbal commentry from shez and tommy which can be quite amusing.... As for saurday im sitting in the lower lookers seeing as though we are playing our friendly near neighbours (should have the best atmosphere)... Hope you enjoy!

P.s love the enthusiasm

Well I thought I would spread some much needed joy around this forum! My wife and I are coming to boundary park on Saturday to watch the mighty blues. Why the joy I hear many of you cry! Well I'll tell you - I haven't been to Boundary Park for a number of years due to living either on the Isle of Man or Glasgow. We are coming down this weekend as a birthday present for me and I am so excited! I appreciate for the regulars, the atmosphere, attendance and performance may not get you feeling this way, but so you know there will be 2 people in the ground who will be smiling, cheering and living every second of the match. I ask that we put aside the negativity on Saturday and remember why we support the Latics, and cheer 'em on, through thick and thin. That's what supporting Oldham is like and we all know it, otherwise what would be the point of 'Keeping the Faith'...

Thanks

Hiya mate with regards to where you sit id go for the Lookers Upper. You will get a decent seat if you arrive ten minutes or so before kick off and the atmosphere will be better than the main stand due to the lookers paddock having a bit of a sing - probably more so than usual with it being the trannies. Also should you possess a pair of legs you will have a space in which to put them in the lookers. Taking refreshments in is never a problem no fussy rules that I am aware of like taking tops off bottles. 'Meal Deals' arent too bad value these days though - pie, drink and walkers for £3/£3.50. Try the cottage pie in trays its actually quite good!

Anyway hope you both enjoy the game - atmosphere should be decent given the Moore factor and the trannies will bring at least 1000. Also if this seasons inconsistancy is anything to go by then after last night it should be like watching Brazil!

I think the Moore Twins presence is the only thing that will save you from a morgue-like atmosphere to be honest, with the current mood. Hopefully with the sun shining and Scousers to abuse we will manage to get some good spirit going on Saturday. Hope you have a good day out, and remember that there’s no game so bad that the loving embrace of Sister Beer can’t dull the pain :)

Hope you have a good day out, and remember that there’s no game so bad that the loving embrace of Sister Beer can’t dull the pain :)

Thanks guys - looking forward to it! :D

p.s - Good tip leeslover!!!!