Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan

Ok, firstly, I know we all our money and are entitled to our opinion.

But last night, I am sorry to say, astounded me.

Yes, granted, after what on paper (which is all the majority of home fans saw) appeared to be a good result on Saturday, the performance last night was woeful, particularly as fans were again looking longingly at the play off zone.

I was aghast however at the level of abuse directed at our new loan signing Leon Constantine. Some so called fans at Boundary Park really are THICK. They have probably never kicked a ball, never mind played the game at any level. To abuse a player after what was only 15 minutes of being brought on in a new team is quite frankly rediculous and to be honest very very iritating.

I do get the impression that some people (and I do mean some) love to revel in the misfortune of players.

Well I for one am tired and fed up of this type of person. No more should we have to put up with the verbal diarrhea which spouts from their mouths. I say stand up to these jerks. When you hear some pleb overstep the mark.....challenge them, shout them down, embarrass them and hopefully make them see the error of their ways.

Rightly or wrongly, we have a team full of loanees and kids. Getting stuck into them from minute 15 will NOT help. If you are one of the abusers (and I dont mean the type of guy who moans after the match that we were ****, we are all guilty of that from time to time), please, get a life. Take your frustrations elsewhere. No doubt the anger inside you is fuelled from being a kept man under the thumb at home, who is let out once a fortnight to vent your frustration at the football. Well I for one dont want to hear it anymore. So if you are near me and you spout absolute gash, then I for one will let you know how I feel about it.....I will remind you to support your team!!!!!

Hopefully I will not be alone.

Good rant. Fully agree.

Those who are bound to go defensive, remember this is aimed at "the few" who genuinely are THICK. (And I should think most of them are too stupid to use a computer, so probably aren't lurking here).

Yes, I know. and yes, people have a right to their opinion, but sometimes the stupidity is intolerable.

I was as frustrated as anyone last night. Constantine comes with a great reputation and I too was hoping for big things. I was extremely disappointed with his display.......but to abuse him with the viciousness that I heard last night.........wow.

Well said Roytoner.

As for you COCO..... bewildering reply, but then again its expected.

Totally agree. The main moaners near us seem to come from the Lookers Upper. A few of us from the Lower let the moaners know our feelings last night but it seems they are just really thick and like you said they have probably never even kicked a ball.

Although my mate said after about 70 mins "send him back" referring to Constantine to which i gave him a rant of what a cock he is and how he has never played football.

It's fustration, they don't like seeing a striker struggling to jump for the ball when were losing one nil to a team with a terrible away record.

Do you think Oldham fans are any different to the fans at every other club?

Yes.....I think a few of them are.

Frustration is one thing, but come on...............!

I presume you are playing the role of devil's advocate here and don't personally condone this type of "support"???

What abuse are we talking about? A few people shouting 'oh ffs'.

I think, quoting from lookers upper last night, they mean abuse more like "Jarrett you are ******* s**t f*** off back to f****** preston.

Now this guy actually was challenged, a few people duly responded by shouting shut up you prick. Didnt hear a thing from him from rest of game

I was aghast however at the level of abuse directed at our new loan signing Leon Constantine. Some so called fans at Boundary Park really are THICK. They have probably never kicked a ball, never mind played the game at any level. To abuse a player after what was only 15 minutes of being brought on in a new team is quite frankly rediculous and to be honest very very iritating.

I totally agree within minutes of him coming on there was 2 blokes behind me calling him lazy amongst some much more unpleasent things, by the second half I felt I had to respond and just said he had been injured for 2 months don't judge him on 40 mins. Their response was to say he didn't care about the club and was just here for the money, when I pointed out that he would have been paid if he had stayed at Leeds and the deal was all about getting him back to full fitness which benefits Leeds and giving us much needed experience up front whilst our 2 frontline strikers recovered from injury to benefit us, to that I got some more grumbles about lack of heart before they left early dragging their knuckles.

I think, quoting from lookers upper last night, they mean abuse more like "Jarrett you are ******* s**t f*** off back to f****** preston.

Now this guy actually was challenged, a few people duly responded by shouting shut up you prick. Didnt hear a thing from him from rest of game

That was awesome, that guy totally got owned.

Now I know you are taking the ........

Constantine isn't a Ricketts, he scored 26 last season but had a shocking run of luck with injuries but for people to give the lad stick 15 mins in (If that long) is ridiculous and proves these idiots know nothing about football in general. Robertson young but loads of potential still criticism from those near me. Not big enough, etc...

OK Pool hadn't won away for 4 months but beat us easily at home and we are hardly rock solid at home so always on cards.

Your 2nd point YES Oldham fans are different than many clubs, not all but the ones we would prefer to distance ourselves from.

I for one would love a fit Constantine at BP even if he has 9 previous clubs. His broken leg appears to have taken its toll on the lad but at least give him a chance and don't accept he will be leaping like a salmon in his first game, he's bound to be tentative until he gets some minutes behind him.

It was a broken arm I think, which someone (bb80 methinks) said in the other thread wouldn't affect his fitness.

What would you call moaning btw, if fails to challenge for the ball and someone shouts 'Jump for the fecking ball', is that wrong?

Have to say, totally agree with this. I left the ground feeling cheated, depressed and very frustrated about the lack of effort and general standard of our play last night (and did so on Saturday, despite the 3-0 scoreline!). But how anyone can shout abuse at a player who has been in an Oldham shirt for 5 minutes and who hadn’t even trained with the team before, is beyond me.

The ironic cheers when the (unfit, in-need-of-matches, 26 goals last season) loanee ‘’finally’’ won a header, was disgraceful. No wonder we can’t attract decent strikers if that is the way we treat new players at the club.

At least give him til the end of 90 minutes on Saturday, eh.

I was aghast however at the level of abuse directed at our new loan signing Leon Constantine. Some so called fans at Boundary Park really are THICK. They have probably never kicked a ball, never mind played the game at any level

So that means they no nothing about the sport. Wow.

I don't agree with abusing players but I think its a result of one of the worst season's in memory for abject performances at home. And I agree with Coco; there seems to be this feeling amongst some on this board that we are somehow different to other fans, we are not, we are exactly the same. People get frustrated when there team perform like we did last night and inevitably the anger is vented towards the players.

100% Agree with this, we sit in the NSM upper and last night was worse than normal. I feel these people should either try and be positive or just keep quite.

Now I sit in a position where certain people who should know better because of family & friends connections on the board of directors, but I have to say that one or two of this group are the main instigators in the area of the NSM that i sit.

It is really starting to frustrate me during games.

I'm another NSM Upper resident. Fortunately, the more vociferous moaners aren't close by, but we do have a few - er - characters.

One miserable old sod who doesn't shout abuse but does moan the entire game. He looked ready to top himself last night! :lol:

It's difficult to resist the temptation to respond to the usual "I've been coming to BP for fifty year..." with words to the effect of, "Wow, I'd have thought you might have learnt something about the game in that time..."