Ronnie is bringing his ear plugs....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're 5th in the table, trying to protect a playoff place and the team slump bottom of the table come to your ground and win right after you've gone 1-0 up you deserve to be sacked.

Lol....I didn't realise there was a written rulebook with that one in. Almost as bad as going for a play-off place and slumping to relegation strugglers Cheltenham 2-0 at home and never even going a goal up or looking like winning the game....

And as someone who bemoans about this seasons injuries being costly, as you do, it's funny and convenient that you use it in defence of Shez but yet our last 2 months under Ronnie saw us playing with our main player, Wellens, on practically 1 leg and it cost us badly. As badly as this season has cost us without him....don't worry though, as this season is the same if not worse than Ronnie's, it's ok to be hypocritical coz it's "our Shez"....

Repeat once again....."We've got out club back!"

Edited by boundaryblue80

No, you* give him an arbitrarily chosen 3 game period to decide whether or not to sack him

*If you are BB80

Indeed....when you're close to the edge and deciding whether they've hit the wall or not. Almost a bit like I felt after Tuesday night with Shez....I'll spare him the 3 games though as there's still time for him to learn where he's going wrong being inexperienced and all that. Thankfully, during those 3 games you mention though, I found that he hadn't hit the wall but sadly our "locals" had decided that he had....a) before he even signed for us or b.) after a month of a new season.

Edited by boundaryblue80

This season is exactly the same as that of Rugby Ron, boring football with the team hampered by injuries to major players.

Think I'll be accepting over time on Saturdays now.

Edit- Just seen the post above, thankfully I have yet to witness a game as bad as that Brentford cup game so far under Sheridan!

Edited by Butter

Lol....I didn't realise there was a written rulebook with that one in. Almost as bad as going for a play-off place and slumping to relegation strugglers Cheltenham 2-0 at home and never even going a goal up or looking like winning the game....

And as someone who bemoans about this seasons injuries being costly, as you do, it's funny and convenient that you use it in defence of Shez but yet our last 2 months under Ronnie saw us playing with our main player, Wellens, on practically 1 leg and it cost us badly. As badly as this season has cost us without him....don't worry though, as this season is the same if not worse than Ronnie's, it's ok to be hypocritical coz it's "our Shez"....

Repeat once again....."We've got out club back!"

I don't defend Shez that much. I do think Sheridan has been unlucky with injuries, having Gregan, Liddell and Hughes all out of long spells in the season hasn't helped him. Moore had a bigger squad, fewer injuries but we still threw away a playoff spot, didn't win in our last 6 league games and yet he never took any of the responsibility himself. And this was an "experienced" manager we're talking about. Shez in his first season got us playing nice football and got us into the playoffs even if our form did drop at the end....although when we were required to; we won the last two games to secure that playoff spot. This season is worse than Ronnie's last but this is Shez' second year and based on what he did in the first year we know he can do better and hey the season isn't over yet, we finished 10th under Moore, we've got a shot of trumping that this season. Add to the fact Shez is actually a nice guy than Moore.

lol! So you remember the comments after the debacle away in the cup at Brentford as well Andy?! :wink:

Indeed....proceeded by 3 wins, 2 draws and no losses....the guy made errors and corrected them until fatigue set in....a bit like Shez has done.....and still is continuing to do....

Indeed....proceeded by 3 wins, 2 draws and no losses....the guy made errors and corrected them until fatigue set in....a bit like Shez has done.....and still is continuing to do....

Rather missing the point that if you'd decided to start the probation period 3 games earlier, you would now be his most implacible enemy rather than his most ardent admirer.

I don't defend Shez that much. I do think Sheridan has been unlucky with injuries, having Gregan, Liddell and Hughes all out of long spells in the season hasn't helped him. Moore had a bigger squad, fewer injuries but we still threw away a playoff spot, didn't win in our last 6 league games and yet he never took any of the responsibility himself. And this was an "experienced" manager we're talking about. Shez in his first season got us playing nice football and got us into the playoffs even if our form did drop at the end....although when we were required to; we won the last two games to secure that playoff spot. This season is worse than Ronnie's last but this is Shez' second year and based on what he did in the first year we know he can do better and hey the season isn't over yet, we finished 10th under Moore, we've got a shot of trumping that this season. Add to the fact Shez is actually a nice guy than Moore.

That highlighted line of yours shows how contradictory this all it....a manager sacked in 1st season, yet the next manager produces guff in his 2nd season and well that's ok.....

Moore had fewer injuries? Like :censored:....Swailes, Killen, Porter, Wellens (who played when clearly injured and still had it).....no different at all to the likes of Gregan or Hughes. Short memories, yet again....

As for last season....it's amazing what Shez did with Ronnies side....and then he breaks it up and look what we have....anyone else but Shez, would've been strung up by now. Showing what a scapegoat Moore was! From day one! Wellens said last March about how Moore never set out to play hoofball but we didn't have the players to pull it off....players like Branston just sailed it over their heads all the time. Given a 2nd season, with what he was building....ah...no point with this.........worthless to point out the contridictions to those who refuse to see it........

Sack em! Sack em all eh! Foundations......nah, :censored: it...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Rather missing the point that if you'd decided to start the probation period 3 games earlier, you would now be his most implacible enemy rather than his most ardent admirer.

As I was happy giving him time, I didn't start it earlier you see. I was getting a bit fed up and then having travelled down to see us play for a 0-0 draw I was appalled and snapped. Producing such comment....thankfully, such gash as that game was, it wasn't accepted and thus the manager sorted it out....and put us back in the playoff hunt (these facts aren't visible to the "local").....it's the ups and downs of football, but keep on trying to twist it! I gave him 3 games when I snapped and it worked out.....and that was 3 games after a previous 20 or so....not the first 3 games of the season like some of ours gave him! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Ross we all worked out a while back that you are Ronnies love child "allegedly" so you are bound to miss him more than most. :naughty:

Doesn't take being a love child to predict lower crowds, poor performances and a worse situation than we had under Moore. Not wanted a bit of it, but not surprised. When I see what Shez did with Moore's squad last year it only re-affirms my belief that we could've been what Scunny were given the chance. Alas.....people now quote this season as the worst, not Moores (how I despair!)...when no doubt they said the same 2yrs ago. In truth, neither have been as bad as is being made out.....and both Moore then and Shez now deserve the time to get what they want to build. One man gets it coz he wore the shirt, the other didn't....it's as simple as that. But contradictory in the extreme.

The odd thing is, I personally would have preferred it if TTA had ignored the rabble and given Ronnie another season, but I'm not bitter about it. What I WILL say is that Ronnie and Shez are NOT comparable, and that having chosen Shez TTA need to stand by him alot longer than a couple of seasons to see their choice bear fruit. WHATEVER the clamour from the rabble.

The odd thing is, I personally would have preferred it if TTA had ignored the rabble and given Ronnie another season, but I'm not bitter about it. What I WILL say is that Ronnie and Shez are NOT comparable, and that having chosen Shez TTA need to stand by him alot longer than a couple of seasons to see their choice bear fruit. WHATEVER the clamour from the rabble.

I am bitter....and utterly frustrated (many more times than any Ronnie Outer that's pissed off with this season!)....having given up the best shot of stability and forward momentum we'd gained to potentially get us up and out of this :censored: level. The first true chance of it since we almost went bust. Extremely bitter about it! If it didn't work...alas, we could be on the road with Shez a year on....anyway.....

Edited by boundaryblue80

Doesn't take being a love child to predict lower crowds, poor performances and a worse situation than we had under Moore. Not wanted a bit of it, but not surprised. When I see what Shez did with Moore's squad last year it only re-affirms my belief that we could've been what Scunny were given the chance. Alas.....people now quote this season as the worst, not Moores (how I despair!)...when no doubt they said the same 2yrs ago. In truth, neither have been as bad as is being made out.....and both Moore then and Shez now deserve the time to get what they want to build. One man gets it coz he wore the shirt, the other didn't....it's as simple as that. But contradictory in the extreme.

One man gets it cos he's in his 2nd full year of management, not his 15th or whatever. The other one didn't because IMO he's a football dinosaur who never took responsibilty for his own actions.

Shez may fail due to lack of ability/tactical nouse/simply not having enough between his ears but he's wet behind the ears in management terms.

I've actually spoken to you at a few home games BB80 and as i've said in the past i do agree. There is zero difference from the siutation we had with Ronnie to what we have at the minute. Take Shez's legendary status out and i reckon that some of the polls which have been in favour of Shez on this site would be very different.

I don't think sacking Shez is the answer and at the time i didn't think sacking Ronnie was the answer. The main thing that has annoyed me since he left was the constant comments about the fans. He left with a bitter taste in his mouth and rightly so but he constantly makes these quips about "local" fans etc..His biggest beef should be with the TTA for not backing him up when he needed and sacking him for a piss poor reason. The TTA based on the reason for sacking Ronnie should be looking for a new manager now as our crowds are just as bad if not worse.

Shez would not have the support we are all giving him if he hadn't played in blue.

I've actually spoken to you at a few home games BB80 and as i've said in the past i do agree. There is zero difference from the siutation we had with Ronnie to what we have at the minute. Take Shez's legendary status out and i reckon that some of the polls which have been in favour of Shez on this site would be very different.

I don't think sacking Shez is the answer and at the time i didn't think sacking Ronnie was the answer. The main thing that has annoyed me since he left was the constant comments about the fans. He left with a bitter taste in his mouth and rightly so but he constantly makes these quips about "local" fans etc..His biggest beef should be with the TTA for not backing him up when he needed and sacking him for a piss poor reason. The TTA based on the reason for sacking Ronnie should be looking for a new manager now as our crowds are just as bad if not worse.

Shez would not have the support we are all giving him if he hadn't played in blue.

To be fair, he has been a prat with some of his comments. Especially his "best season in X years" comment....he has been a bit of a :censored: about it since. He's probably as bitter about it and what happened as I am :grin:

I wont be giving him any :censored: thats for sure.

Okay, it was dire to watch but fair play, he did keep us up!!

The football this season, a few games apart hasnt been much better!!!

ARE YOU RONNIE MOORE?

I don't care what his football was like i just think he's very arrogant and very iritating fat scouser. He did keep us up and if you read my posts in this topic you'll realise i am one of the few that thought he was hard done by, however, that still doesn't mean we can't give him a bit of stick.

ARE YOU RONNIE MOORE?

I don't care what his football was like i just think he's very arrogant and very iritating fat scouser. He did keep us up and if you read my posts in this topic you'll realise i am one of the few that thought he was hard done by, however, that still doesn't mean we can't give him a bit of stick.

Yes I am.

I sit on a computer all day reading a Latics forum.