• Oldham Rugby
    • No-one, I'd never follow another sport team again
    • Other

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest M_OAFC

If we did go under then rather than AFC Oldham or anything like that I'd prefer us to do the same as the likes of Aldershot, Maidstone United, Newport County etc and start again from the bottom rung of the ladder with exactly the same name, the same intrinsic connection to the town we represent and ideally a ground on the same site called Boundary Park.

If however it was to be the end forever, as an Oldhamer it'd have to be Oldham Town for me.

To be honest, I'd proabbly just go and watch a few games here and there til I found a team. It'd probably be city though. My family are city fans (except my mum - shes an everton fan) and they hate united so I have some common ground.

I already do support another team, Chonburi FC. I follow them home and away and I have even been overseas to watch them. It's easier for me to get to matches than travelling to BP every other week. :D

I don't think that I could ever support another English club with the same passion that I have for the Latics but if I had to, it would be Burton Albion.

I'd put all the professional clubs in the North East and some of the non-professional clubs (Durham City anyone?) in a hat and choose. I might be tempted to add some women's teams as well. Either that or watch some of the good egg chasing teams up here.

Not really sure I could change. I think it would just rip the heart out of the sport for me.

However, if I did, I would probably go with Durham City. It would give me a chance to go to home games on the bus and get mullered instead of the current non-alcoholic horror trek's.

Not really sure I could change. I think it would just rip the heart out of the sport for me.

However, if I did, I would probably go with Durham City. It would give me a chance to go to home games on the bus and get mullered instead of the current non-alcoholic horror trek's.

Whatever club emerged from the Latics Ashes! Or Oldham Town. Or Rockerdale. Let's hope we are never put in this scenario - it has been close a couple of times! :unsure:

I wouldn't ever be able to support another professional team, I'm a Latics fan and always will be (even if they didn't exist!). In recent years I have sacrificed the level of Latics away games I attend to follow England more seriously. I think I would probably do this should the un-thinkable ever happen.

:latics::England:

Really don't want to have to think about it but if it did happen I think I would need some time out from it all, it would be like a break-up of a relationship. Might have a few one night stands with a big club for a bit of fun but my heart wouldn't be in it. Would most likely start a casual relationship with Bury as I live there or possibly Dale as my brother in law goes but that might be like spit-roasting.

I'd probably return to Ice Hockey to be honest, as at the moment I can only (just) afford one of the two teams. So I'd go back to hockey and then watch non league as and when I could.

Bloomin eck Ack - now that really is desperate judging the state of British Ice Hockey... the fact Tony Hand still can coast round the ice for the Pheonix shows how the standards are slipped... coventry play some good stuff (and Johny Weaver still plays for em..), but other than that its pretty abysmal...

Prob go and watch some Brizzle City action.... but doubt could ever be a proper fan... have to say, (tin hat on) I've never been a Latics fan who minded the Franchise form the Nike ballpark - to be honest, I'd prob just support them, you cant help but admire the football they play at the moment - if latics ever folded I think I could do with some easy glory hunting to balance out the last few years! :wink:

... and the mighty bhoys.... sure me and my dad would make a few more trips up to Glasgow....

When it looked like Latics were on there way out I was leaning towards Wigan who nobody has mentioned. I saw them as being similar (Latics?!?!) in many ways minus the history but plus a wealthy owner. :deal2:

So with retrospect it wasnt just Latics who were saved in 2003!

Just a thought how about a 'loadsamoney' smiley to add to the list??

When it looked like Latics were on there way out I was leaning towards Wigan who nobody has mentioned. I saw them as being similar (Latics?!?!) in many ways minus the history but plus a wealthy owner. :deal2:

:blink::shock:

Now there is a collection of words I would never, ever have thought would come out of any Oldham fans mouth - I am genuinely stunned..... It could have been worse, you could have said you would go and support Tranmere, but even that is debateable...

Well, at least the moronic pie-eating scum would get some truth in their claims that there "is only one latics" if we ever folded... I genuinely hate them...

:angry:

So with retrospect it wasnt just Latics who were saved in 2003!

Just a thought how about a 'loadsamoney' smiley to add to the list??

Sweet lord Stitch no! Why would you want to support Wigan?!? :o

Of all the teams Wigan :o

Words fail me....

:blink::shock:

Now there is a collection of words I would never, ever have thought would come out of any Oldham fans mouth - I am genuinely stunned..... It could have been worse, you could have said you would go and support Tranmere, but even that is debateable...

Well, at least the moronic pie-eating scum would get some truth in their claims that there "is only one latics" if we ever folded... I genuinely hate them...

Sweet lord Stitch no! Why would you want to support Wigan?!? :o

Of all the teams Wigan :o

Words fail me....

Look I was going through a bad time back then.......the voices, the voices...... :help:

Look I was going through a bad time back then.......the voices, the voices...... :help:

Get those voices out yer head sunshine. I'd rather support the red scum down the road than those pie eating, 2nd rate, garbage crowds, bought the way out the league scumbags. Still got no crowds even though they give season tickets away. I hate everything about that club.

I wouldn't support anyone. Couldn't imagine singing another team's songs. I'd probably go and watch citeh as a fair few of mates are citeh fans but i could never support them. Everyone apart from Oldham are scum.