Doesn't give a monkeys.

Suppose in the sameway that

'Tranmere', 'in' and 'playoffs'

or

"Tranmere", "Play" and "Football" dont go together :)

?? I suppose you right!

Why someone changed my signature I dont know. Is this the welcome you give every exile?!?

Talbot could actually have stayed and we would have stayed up. It winds me up the way he tries to take the credit for keeping us up.

:censored: me TC.....don't talk :censored:! You're normally fairly accurate in your views, but that's ridiculous....we were fast going down under Talbot. Don't let your hatred for Ronnie cloud such an obvious fact as that one, please!!!

PS As for the Chesterfield game you mention, didn't help that we had a :censored: upfront who wanted to sit down on the pitch all over the place when in possession and hence has become a hated ex-Latics player on that one game alone!

Aye JJ deserved to get shot for his "performance" that day but looking at the fixtures below I do not think that Talbot would have taken us down, the team would have got their irons out of the fire, this was the team that had performed so well at Bradford earlier in the season and would have got us out of it whoever was in charge.

1: Pogliacomi 2: Holden4:Bonner 6:Stam 7:Facey 11:Johnson14:Becket 20:Branston 22: Owen 23:Betsy 24: Hughes - v Chesterfield

1: Pogliacomi 2:Holden 6:Stam 12:Killen 14:Beckett 20:Branston 22:Owen 23:Betsy 24:Hughes 25:Kilkenny 28:Eyres. - v Bradford

Tue 22 19:45 A Bristol City FL1 L 1-5 9,007 Talbot's last game

Sat 26 15:00 A Huddersfield FL1 L 1-2 11,161

Sat 5 15:00 H Port Vale FL1 W 3-0 5,799

Tue 8 19:45 A Wrexham LDV (N) L 0-1 5,814

Sat 12 15:00 A Wrexham FL1 L 0-1 4,170

Tue 15 19:45 H Brentford FL1 L 0-2 4,291

Sat 19 15:00 H Luton Town FL1 D 2-2 5,809

Sat 26 13:00 A Walsall FL1 W 1-0 6,794

Mon 28 15:00 H Hull City FL1 W 1-0 8,562

Sat 2 15:00 A MK Dons FL1 D 1-1 5,426

Sat 9 15:00 H Sheffield Wed FL1 D 1-1 9,645

Sat 16 15:00 A Barnsley FL1 D 2-2 8,856

Sat 23 15:00 H Torquay United FL1 L 1-2 8,941

Sat 30 15:00 A Chesterfield FL1 L 0-1 5,421

Sat 7 15:00 H Bradford City FL1 W 2-1

Ronnie hardly set the world on fire, 5 losses(LDV Excluded), 4 draws and 4 wins

The sad thing in all of this is that he really doesn't seem to get what we don't like about him - "there is no doubt about that". :wink:

We have become used to demanding a style of play that involves commitment, passing and movement. Shez feels the vitriol of the Boundary Park crowd when we don't get this served up to us. Winning is good and well received, but sometimes I think that some fans would prefer to see us play well and lose than win ugly. Am I one of those fans? Maybe I am to an extent.

Moore is obviously upset at getting sacked when (on paper) he did a good job - it was only on grass that the job he did wasn't to the liking of many Season Ticket holders and The Board.

Guest sheridans_world

Quoting RM before the first game of the season(vs. Leeds): 'I really hope the gods will smile on us on Saturday'.

Says it all about Ronnie i'm afraid.

Quoting RM before the first game of the season(vs. Leeds): 'I really hope the gods will smile on us on Saturday'.

Says it all about Ronnie i'm afraid.

You really are pathetic Simon, with quoting stuff like that. As if Shez has never asked for the rub of the green eh? It's funny to watch how desperate you'll get to slag him off :grin:

Winning is good and well received, but sometimes I think that some fans would prefer to see us play well and lose than win ugly. Am I one of those fans? Maybe I am to an extent.

Moore is obviously upset at getting sacked when (on paper) he did a good job - it was only on grass that the job he did wasn't to the liking of many Season Ticket holders and The Board.

My feelings exactly, I would never have taken to Moore even had he taken us up. The style of football he serves up is just not for me, I felt exactly the same way about Warnock; though I accept that both may have ultimatley done well for us in terms of league status. Even a win felt like a defeat for me and I admit I 'lost the faith' and was one fo those who didn't renew my season ticket that summer.

Mind you I also have to admit that the 'football' under Shez seems to have a taken a nose dive, and I have left BP feeling upset, angry and disappointed at what I have seen at BP in the same way I did under Ronnie's reign.

:censored: me TC.....don't talk :censored:! You're normally fairly accurate in your views, but that's ridiculous....we were fast going down under Talbot. Don't let your hatred for Ronnie cloud such an obvious fact as that one, please!!!

PS As for the Chesterfield game you mention, didn't help that we had a :censored: upfront who wanted to sit down on the pitch all over the place when in possession and hence has become a hated ex-Latics player on that one game alone!

Totally agree. If I remember correctly talbot had lost the confidence of the players and he reportedly said perhaps it would be better if we went down. Along came Moore--and like it or not--he kept us up.

Edited by laticsmad

... he reportedly said perhaps it would be better if we went down.

I remember that now that you mention it.

"It would be better if we went down". Lower crowds, less money, worse players etc... Explain that logic again Mr. Talbot. FFS

Aye JJ deserved to get shot for his "performance" that day but looking at the fixtures below I do not think that Talbot would have taken us down, the team would have got their irons out of the fire, this was the team that had performed so well at Bradford earlier in the season and would have got us out of it whoever was in charge.

1: Pogliacomi 2: Holden4:Bonner 6:Stam 7:Facey 11:Johnson14:Becket 20:Branston 22: Owen 23:Betsy 24: Hughes - v Chesterfield

1: Pogliacomi 2:Holden 6:Stam 12:Killen 14:Beckett 20:Branston 22:Owen 23:Betsy 24:Hughes 25:Kilkenny 28:Eyres. - v Bradford

Tue 22 19:45 A Bristol City FL1 L 1-5 9,007 Talbot's last game

Sat 26 15:00 A Huddersfield FL1 L 1-2 11,161

Sat 5 15:00 H Port Vale FL1 W 3-0 5,799

Tue 8 19:45 A Wrexham LDV (N) L 0-1 5,814

Sat 12 15:00 A Wrexham FL1 L 0-1 4,170

Tue 15 19:45 H Brentford FL1 L 0-2 4,291

Sat 19 15:00 H Luton Town FL1 D 2-2 5,809

Sat 26 13:00 A Walsall FL1 W 1-0 6,794

Mon 28 15:00 H Hull City FL1 W 1-0 8,562

Sat 2 15:00 A MK Dons FL1 D 1-1 5,426

Sat 9 15:00 H Sheffield Wed FL1 D 1-1 9,645

Sat 16 15:00 A Barnsley FL1 D 2-2 8,856

Sat 23 15:00 H Torquay United FL1 L 1-2 8,941

Sat 30 15:00 A Chesterfield FL1 L 0-1 5,421

Sat 7 15:00 H Bradford City FL1 W 2-1

Aye, i hadn't been able to go for about a year before that, wasn't a very good return really.

"It would be better if we went down". Lower crowds, less money, worse players etc... Explain that logic again Mr. Talbot. FFS

he said it as a way of getting people used to a relegation fight,and he would have an oppertunity to sweep the squad clean,start from scratch.

i personally couldnt stand moores style of football,but he did keep us up,just.

nobody actually knows for sure the numbers supposedly not renewing season tickets because of him and his style,dont forget at the same time the club announced a blanket ban on smoking,and i know plenty of people who stopped going because they couldnt do without a cigarette for more than 3 hours.

he got us to within a sniff of the playoffs,brought warne and wellens in,and nobody really knows what his full second season would of been like,he plays teams to suit the conditions and surroundings,i didnt like his style but i would of taken the 3 points first and foremost,then when the desired effect had been met(promotion)you would like to think he would of changed it again to suit.

yes he will be forever slagged off each and every time he comes here,lets just hope he isnt the one laughing the loudest come 5pm on saturday

That statement was taken horrendously out of context. Talbot was talking about the crowds reaction to him, not the good of the club. I think what he meant was thatif he was starting from scratch we wouldn't be where we were at the time and he wouldn't be getting the stick, but he wasn't saying it would actually be a good thing. I don't think he's a great manager but I felt that Talbot was a decent man trying to do his best with a squad full of turds.

Guest sheridans_world
You really are pathetic Simon, with quoting stuff like that. As if Shez has never asked for the rub of the green eh? It's funny to watch how desperate you'll get to slag him off :grin:

The difference, Ross, is that RM said that before the game and not after.

Shez would say something like 'we didnt get the rub of the green' after the game.

Big difference :grin:

The difference, Ross, is that RM said that before the game and not after.

Shez would say something like 'we didnt get the rub of the green' after the game.

Big difference :grin:

Ooooops......need a handkerchief? I can see some egg there :grin:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...dham_v_carlisle

"Sheridan added: "There are still enough games for us to push for a top six spot and a little bit of luck wouldn' t go amiss."

http://www.oldham-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews....W&id=361273

"and if we keep playing well hopefully we'll get that bit of luck and score a goal."

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1206632,00.html

"If we get a bit of luck, you never know!"

http://www.football.co.uk/oldham_athletic/...es_252734.shtml

"you have to work hard and hope your luck changes."

Edited by boundaryblue80