Where will we finish?

oafckev

Where will we Finish?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. 10 Games to, where will Latics finish?

• Auto
    • Play Offs
    • Just miss out
    • Never really pose a threat to top 6

Burton Albion won as well :D

I meant to add the Brewers to the list but I forgot in all the excitement!!!

It looks like the Albion's play off push is back on track after a few dodgy results.

It could be a Wembley double for us BALLS members this season.

Haven't voted - just wanna enjoy the rest of the season - if it takes us there great, if not oh well. Games are running out so I just wanna savour every minute coz when it's all over - what then :bigcry:

Hey, don't forget about England playing in the Euro Championships this summer. Oh no, wait!!!

Stalyvegas marched on too! :grin: They avenged the FA Cup 5-0 loss at home to Workington by beating them 3-0 in the league. At a lower level, I do see Stalybridge a bit like us....no doubt we'll go on to avenge our FA Cup demise later on this season when Uddersfield visit. I just hope they don't blow their own playoff chances later this week in their biggest week and test so far....play Alfreton Town on Tuesday (should win that, but like us, be typical if they blew it) and then go to the one of the best home records in the divison vs playoff rivals Southport on Saturday. Fingers crossed they can make it!

sorrybb80 does that mean then we have been funded by the local council to get were we are

sorrybb80 does that mean then we have been funded by the local council to get were we are

Lol...yeah, I've noticed all that :censored: spouted from you on here before but couldn't be arsed getting into it then. As you've addressed me directly on it though....you keep on being bitter about it. It's funny. When they got up into the Conference a few years back, TMBC said the fund was there for any club that made it. They took so much :censored: for doing that. I presume that's why Droylsden didnt get much help....but then knowing who they're owned by...well....I'll keep what I know about Pace to myself, but he's far from clean. The money probably would've disappeared into Droylsden Glass again before going under for the umpteenth time :grin:

As for the fitness centre....erm....they had land, they got money for it, a fitness centre is there....erm, similar to what we're doing actually....Stalybridge have been offered plenty of help yes....should they have just said no? Curzon seem very happy in their shiny new Tameside Stadium. We all know Roy Oldham's heavily involved in dealings...it's he I think you should be bitter towards if you need to be....not Stalybridge Celtic.

One final thing...re-read you comment to me...erm...didn't OMBC buy our ground not so many years back to keep us afloat? Ok, we paid "some" rent (happily accepting payment holidays etc) but they also installed the current pitch to the tune of £500,000 (one which C.Moore refused to pay for when he bought the ground back stating "come and rip it out then")...etc. etc. and didn't we have to march against them for the planning permission. Funny ain't it....

"does that mean then we have been funded by the local council to get were we are"

We already have been....and guess what bitter fans of other local clubs were saying about us :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Me personally would think that were going to just miss out as I don't think were good enough to make it. Hope I'm wrong though..

Just done the predictor and we ended up 6th with 72 points. We would be playing Carlisle in the playoffs, and Forest would play Leeds. We would then be able to get revenge on either Leeds for the first ever playoff defeat, or Forest for the League Cup Final.

Lets hope it works out this way!!!!!!!!

I started doing the League One Predictor on the BBC site but realised that there is bound to be an element of heart ruling head for a happy clapper such as myself :):applause1: . So I decided to do it on form.

I started with the current league table and awarded a 1-0 win to the highest placed team in each match. After each round of results I updated the League table and continued through all the fixtures, again awarding the higher placed team a 1-0 win, and so on.

There are obvious flaws to this method. If it was accurate then Swansea would gain maximum points whilst Vale will not pick up another point. Bristol Rovers in particular suffer as it doesn't take into account false league positions due to games in hand. It also takes no account of home advantage, the possibility of draws, a team coming out of nowhere a la Blackpool or higher scoring matches than 1-0!!!!!. However, as I said, it also doesn't add in any bias (either positive or negative) that we as Latics fans are inclined to apply. As such, I suspect it probably won't be a million miles away.

Unfortunately, it means we just miss out on the play-offs, on goal difference to Dirty Leeds.

In reality it's likely to be tight - any amendment to Dirty Leeds' point deduction could be critical.

I can see Dirty Leeds robbing us at the death, again. This time it won't be in the play-offs, but in the appeal court.

Edited by oafc_ok

There are obvious flaws to this method. If it was accurate then Swansea would gain maximum points whilst Vale will not pick up another point. Bristol Rovers in particular suffer as it doesn't take into account false league positions due to games in hand. It also takes no account of home advantage, the possibility of draws, a team coming out of nowhere a la Blackpool or higher scoring matches than 1-0!!!!!. However, as I said, it also doesn't add in any bias (either positive or negative) that we as Latics fans are inclined to apply. As such, I suspect it probably won't be a million miles away.

Maybe your whole ethos is flawed then! :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Maybe your whole ethos is flawed then! :laught16::laught16::laught16:

ethos - noun, 2. the character or disposition of a community, group, person, etc.

I admit in the first line of the quote that there is a flaw in the method I use to calculate the final positions. For you to then claim that there is therefore a flaw in my character or disposition is insulting, and a little extreme. :wink: