Oooh Did we win then!

You wouldn't have thought so from the reaction of our Management team. The abuse hurled at the players again by Sheridan today was disgusting. I could not believe what he called gary Mc... who was one of the best players on the park. The Chaddy enders need to hear what he says to a group of young players who are still learning in many respects. Today was the last straw for me. To hear the crowd singing his name when he was calling Allessandra a Wa**er was unbelievable. We would be better off without him. It took him all his time to shake Lewis' hand as he came off and that was only due to many fans screaming at him to do so. The lad had just scored his first senior goal ffs. I'd rather have Philliskirk as Manager....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate ... its pretty common, hes not the first manager to act like that and he definitely aint the last. Geesh .. managers swear ehh. Stop the press. We lose and people have a go at him .. and when we do some still find bits to pick at .. jesus christ he cant win.

Edited by kellys_discopants

You wouldn't have thought so from the reaction of our Management team. The abuse hurled at the players again by Sheridan today was disgusting. I could not believe what he called gary Mc... who was one of the best players on the park. The Chaddy enders need to hear what he says to a group of young players who are still learning in many respects. Today was the last straw for me. To hear the crowd singing his name when he was calling Allessandra a Wa**er was unbelievable. We would be better off without him. It took him all his time to shake Lewis' hand as he came off and that was only due to many fans screaming at him to do so. The lad had just scored his first senior goal ffs. I'd rather have Philliskirk as Manager....

... yes .. yes!!!! oh... just before we appoint Philliskirk .. lets just let the kitman, or perhaps the groundsman know that they have a shot of being manager in 12 months time.... as you rightfully say, change is best!

.. and before you say, I sit in the main stand paddock too... i'm a big boy and can take the language - so can supposed proffesional footballers... Shez is old school, but that is fine for me...

Sack a manger 'cos he swears at players??? Yeah right....

... yes .. yes!!!! oh... just before we appoint Philliskirk .. lets just let the kitman, or perhaps the groundsman know that they have a shot of being manager in 12 months time.... as you rightfully say, change is best!

.. and before you say, I sit in the main stand paddock too... i'm a big boy and can take the language - so can supposed proffesional footballers... Shez is old school, but that is fine for me...

Well said that man!! :D

f**k me! we win and its the final straw!

You seem to be missing the point. I don't mind a player getting a :censored: when he cocks up consistantly. My point is this. I do not believe Sheridan has the support of the dressing room. (A personal opinion), which I have formulated as a result of watching how the players react to his rantings from the touchline. He does not encourage or applaud the good stuff. He merely rants and tants for the 90 minutes. Thats not old school. Its pathetic.

I'd take any one of them

He does praise the players just after the game. He does not want the players relaxing.

He does praise the players just after the game. He does not want the players relaxing.

Exactly .. even if we are 3-1 one bad pass could lead to a break .. lead to a goal etc. Just because we are winning, until the whistle is blown we havent won :huh: if that makes sense .. i get what i mean. He cant let the player`s standards drop. Shez isnt alone .. many a manager does it .. calm down pal .. we won.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Exactly .. even if we are 3-1 one bad pass could lead to a break .. lead to a goal etc. Just because we are winning, until the whistle is blown we havent won :huh: if that makes sense .. i get what i mean. He cant let the player`s standards drop.

Plus, after the inconsistency we've shown this season, perhaps he feels that he needs to keep on top of them, if (BIG 'if') we're going to pull ourselves together and challenge for the playoffs.

Personally, I think we have a chance, although I have no idea how we find ourselves still with a glimmer of hope, after being such an inconsistent mess and with such a god-awful home record.

Exactly .. even if we are 3-1 one bad pass could lead to a break .. lead to a goal etc. Just because we are winning, until the whistle is blown we havent won :huh: if that makes sense .. i get what i mean. He cant let the player`s standards drop. Shez isnt alone .. many a manager does it .. calm down pal .. we won.

The best Managers know how to motivate, encourage and discipline when and if it is necessary. A "Well Done" or "Good pass" would not be out of order. Sheridan does not seem able to do this during the game. It is great that he praises them after the game if they have played well if that IS the case. He should do it during the game as well. You don't get employees to perform better by continually doing them down. Even if they work at McD's JP. You only get the best out of your staff by being fair and honest. Sheridan isn't honest with the lads. He's frankly abusive. Thats a fact!!!

The best Managers know how to motivate, encourage and discipline when and if it is necessary. A "Well Done" or "Good pass" would not be out of order. Sheridan does not seem able to do this during the game. It is great that he praises them after the game if they have played well if that IS the case. He should do it during the game as well. You don't get employees to perform better by continually doing them down. Even if they work at McD's JP. You only get the best out of your staff by being fair and honest. Sheridan isn't honest with the lads. He's frankly abusive. Thats a fact!!!

Ok .. well agree to disagree because .. well im never going to agree with what your putting.

I couldnt give two hoots what hes telling them .. surely te most important thing is weve won? I see no reason to nit pick after a fantastic result

Ok .. well agree to disagree because .. well im never going to agree with what your putting.

I couldnt give two hoots what hes telling them .. surely te most important thing is weve won? I see no reason to nit pick after a fantastic result

Thats fine Kelly's, I believe in debate unlike some others on here. I would just like to add that neither of us know how much better this team could be if the Manager actually praised them occasionally whilst they were trying their nuts off.

On the fishal site Shez explains his role in respect of young Lewis and Deano.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1260428,00.html

Thats fine Kelly's, I believe in debate unlike some others on here. I would just like to add that neither of us know how much better this team could be if the Manager actually praised them occasionally whilst they were trying their nuts off.

Yep same here buddy ... i beleive in debate to .. just thought we`d debated it all out, im running outta things to say :lol: