Oooh Did we win then!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the fishal site Shez explains his role in respect of young Lewis and Deano.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1260428,00.html

I've read it DS but it doesn't alter the fact that you don't get the best out of your staff by behaving how sheridans does on the touchline. I just want a balanced approach.

Edited by happyterryb

I've read it DS but it doesn't alter the fact that you don't get the best out of your staff by behaving how sheridans does on the touchline. I just want a balanced approach.

"I think Shez has done a brilliant job for Oldham. I always knew he would. That's why I put him on the coaching staff there.

"I did that because of his ideas. He speaks his mind. He does not sit on the fence when he talks to players, the chairman or anyone. He is not a yes man. If he does not agree with you he tells you.

"He could fall out with a lot of people because of his honesty but I think there is a big future for John Sheridan."

Quotes from Ronnie Moore.

"I think Shez has done a brilliant job for Oldham. I always knew he would. That's why I put him on the coaching staff there.

"I did that because of his ideas. He speaks his mind. He does not sit on the fence when he talks to players, the chairman or anyone. He is not a yes man. If he does not agree with you he tells you.

"He could fall out with a lot of people because of his honesty but I think there is a big future for John Sheridan."

Quotes from Ronnie Moore.

Are quotes from Ronnie Moore supposed to make it all alright then? Last time I looked no one at BP had a good word for the man. His tactics are crap. His style of play is poor bordering on terrible. It doesn't sound like a recommendation for Sheridan DS :huh:

terrence.

yet again,you have exposed yourself as the upper educated wannabe you think you are.

all i've heard all evening is a positive outlook to today(lewis getting his first goal,beating a team above us,being in control of most of the game)and surprise surprise...terrence is moaning.

you obviously don't like shez,the current way things are going(oh look...we're now 9th,4 pts behind...catching up!)...but its not good enough.

mature folk are realising all the situations shez has had to cope with.

others haven't.

then some MOAN at any feckin chance they can....at ANYTHING!

MOAN MOAN MOAN.

yawn.

terrence.

yet again,you have exposed yourself as the upper educated wannabe you think you are.

all i've heard all evening is a positive outlook to today(lewis getting his first goal,beating a team above us,being in control of most of the game)and surprise surprise...terrence is moaning.

you obviously don't like shez,the current way things are going(oh look...we're now 9th,4 pts behind...catching up!)...but its not good enough.

mature folk are realising all the situations shez has had to cope with.

others haven't.

then some MOAN at any feckin chance they can....at ANYTHING!

MOAN MOAN MOAN.

yawn.

Its difficult to take you seriously when you don't take part in the debate JP. You seem to enjoy making personal attacks more. I praised and clapped my team for the majority of a game which, by the way, was more than Sheridan did. You are right on one point though. I don't rate Sheridan and have never hidden that fact. I do not dislike him. Just his methods. I'm sorry if my language is to highbrow for you. It's the way I talk. I don't see the Mods jumping in yet by the way.

Aye come on Terry we`ve won like ive said many times now, if wed have lost then yeh vent some frustration, and no doubt many more will have joined the bandwagon and begun nit - picking ...

Next up he`ll get stick for wearing a tracksuit and not looking smart enough :o

Now Now. don't put words in my mouth. There has never been a mention of his dress sense. Just his methods. :D

Its difficult to take you seriously when you don't take part in the debate JP. You seem to enjoy making personal attacks more. I praised and clapped my team for the majority of a game which, by the way, was more than Sheridan did. You are right on one point though. I don't rate Sheridan and have never hidden that fact. I do not dislike him. Just his methods. I'm sorry if my language is to highbrow for you. It's the way I talk. I don't see the Mods jumping in yet by the way.

i'm not serious...i'm feckin deadly.

what you need to do young man is get a feckin grip of reality and see shez is NOT anti.

im so sure he praised the team were it mattered-in the dressing roon.

don't like shez?..long may he reign!

highbrow language...?

get a grip young man...dissillutioned about winning is your prognosis.

Aye come on Terry we`ve won like ive said many times now, if wed have lost then yeh vent some frustration, and no doubt many more will have joined the bandwagon and begun nit - picking ...

Next up he`ll get stick for wearing a tracksuit and not looking smart enough :o

KP. I'm over the moon that we've won. I also think there is a legitimate cause for debate over the way our Manager treats the players whilst they're on the pitch. All I want people to consider is this. Would they be a better team if the Management were a little more positive during the game? I'm not moaning about winning. I'm moaning about a management style.

i'm not serious...i'm feckin deadly.

what you need to do young man is get a feckin grip of reality and see shez is NOT anti.

im so sure he praised the team were it mattered-in the dressing roon.

don't like shez?..long may he reign!

highbrow language...?

get a grip young man...dissillutioned about winning is your prognosis.

Nah this is BS JP! The lad has his opinion and for you to rubbish it nothing short of bully boy tactics. get a grip!

KP. I'm over the moon that we've won. I also think there is a legitimate cause for debate over the way our Manager treats the players whilst they're on the pitch. All I want people to consider is this. Would they be a better team if the Management were a little more positive during the game? I'm not moaning about winning. I'm moaning about a management style.

its called moaning for the sake of.

industrial language...they DO swear,berate,rollock etc etc DURING games...

praise happens AFTER the job is done.

get over it.

we won...and the fact is you ain't enjoying it.

find something else to moan about...like the colour of grass.

Nah this is BS JP! The lad has his opinion and for you to rubbish it nothing short of bully boy tactics. get a grip!

bully?..no its shouting back at the idiots who moan for no reason.

i sit amongst a bunch of em and its very tiresome that nothing...NOTHING...satisfies them..

thats his opinion...heres mine.

bulls**t?..or reality?

bully?..no its shouting back at the idiots who moan for no reason.

i sit amongst a bunch of em and its very tiresome that nothing...NOTHING...satisfies them..

thats his opinion...heres mine.

bulls**t?..or reality?

In his eyes shezza shouting at the players for no good reason and is thereofore not getting the best out of them. Whether you agree or not is important: but you shouldn't be shouting people down who have a valid opinion. I don't think he is moaning just putting his opinion across.

are you a social worker ?!!!!!!!!?

you said that waffle in your last post...i read it and i believe i answered it.

if i disagree i'll say so...isn't that called "debate"?

thats was his opinion...there was mine.

if i shout here,and its hurting your sensitive eardrums,turn your volume down.

are you a social worker ?!!!!!!!!?

you said that waffle in your last post...i read it and i believe i answered it.

if i disagree i'll say so...isn't that called "debate"?

thats was his opinion...there was mine.

if i shout here,and its hurting your sensitive eardrums,turn your volume down.

Yes disagree but don't try and shout someone down and belittle someone just cause you can't handle what they are saying. A debate is when you actually listen to someone and respond to the comment using just an ounce of intelligence. Seriously mate just grow up!

The best Managers know how to motivate, encourage and discipline when and if it is necessary. A "Well Done" or "Good pass" would not be out of order. Sheridan does not seem able to do this during the game. It is great that he praises them after the game if they have played well if that IS the case. He should do it during the game as well. You don't get employees to perform better by continually doing them down. Even if they work at McD's JP. You only get the best out of your staff by being fair and honest. Sheridan isn't honest with the lads. He's frankly abusive. Thats a fact!!!

do you know how he is with them on the training ground then,through the week leading upto the games????

brian clough,fantastic manager,wasnt affraid to tell players what he thought if they didnt do what he wanted.,suppose in your eyes he was crap as well.

the players train all week to a set pattern of play,then when they get onto the field they dont do what there trained for,damn right hes entitled to say what he thinks.

as for motivating,people wether it be football players to shelf stackers,get praise as and when it is warrented,you dont constanly clap applaud or praise them for every single thing they do as that would make you patronising.

they get paid to do a job,and that is to play football,if they dont do it right they get a talking to.if they continuasly get it wrong you discipline them.

can i suggest you sit somewhere else if it bothers you that much.

and change your name..happy!!! your avin a laff mate.

I dont know .. we`ll never know, at the minute, if it means letting Shez go then i dont want to know.

I really dont know why this is such a big deal ... if he was nice to players people would say hes not aggressive enough.

Like ive said earlier, he just cant win