Oooh Did we win then!

do you know how he is with them on the training ground then,through the week leading upto the games????

brian clough,fantastic manager,wasnt affraid to tell players what he thought if they didnt do what he wanted.,suppose in your eyes he was crap as well.

the players train all week to a set pattern of play,then when they get onto the field they dont do what there trained for,damn right hes entitled to say what he thinks.

as for motivating,people wether it be football players to shelf stackers,get praise as and when it is warrented,you dont constanly clap applaud or praise them for every single thing they do as that would make you patronising.

they get paid to do a job,and that is to play football,if they dont do it right they get a talking to.if they continuasly get it wrong you discipline them.

can i suggest you sit somewhere else if it bothers you that much.

and change your name..happy!!! your avin a laff mate.

Your use of Brian Clough just goes to the heart of my argument.

I am not a moaner as some on here would suggest. Mr Clough was one of the best man managers around. Do you know how he did it? He praised and cajoled and told players that they were better than they actually were. He also gave them roastings in equal measure WHEN they needed them. That is my point. One of the greatest managers of all time, Mr Matt Busby was a quietly spoken man who gave out praise and roastings during the game in equal measure, . Bill Shankly was fiercely protective of his players during, before and after the games. I was at Latics on Saturday and did not hear one positive sentence out of Sheridans mouth. Other supporters around me also heard his comments and held their heads in disbelief. It is not about the use of language either. I can F and blind with the best of them and sometimes do at Latics. You're just ticked off because I don't rate our Manager and his sidekick. Thats fine. It's my opinion as you have yours. What I am saying is that he has no man management skills and I will continue to do so. So lets drop the personal crap and debate the issue. I was a damn sight "happier" than Sheridan yesterday when we were 1-0 up. 2-0 up 2-1 up then 3-1 up. I was in fact jumping up and down applauding my team. Which I will do long after Sheridan is gone (God Willing). I don't expect many to call for Sheridans head but would just ask you to consider this. If you continually call someone CRAP they usually end up just that....CRAP.

Edited by happyterryb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know .. we`ll never know, at the minute, if it means letting Shez go then i dont want to know.

I really dont know why this is such a big deal ... if he was nice to players people would say hes not aggressive enough.

Like ive said earlier, he just cant win

Thank you KP. At least you answer the point rather than leaping into the personal crap. It would be an interesting day if he were to try and be positive and negative in equal measure though wouldn't it?

do you know how he is with them on the training ground then,through the week leading upto the games????

brian clough,fantastic manager,wasnt affraid to tell players what he thought if they didnt do what he wanted.,suppose in your eyes he was crap as well.

the players train all week to a set pattern of play,then when they get onto the field they dont do what there trained for,damn right hes entitled to say what he thinks.

as for motivating,people wether it be football players to shelf stackers,get praise as and when it is warrented,you dont constanly clap applaud or praise them for every single thing they do as that would make you patronising.

they get paid to do a job,and that is to play football,if they dont do it right they get a talking to.if they continuasly get it wrong you discipline them.

can i suggest you sit somewhere else if it bothers you that much.

and change your name..happy!!! your avin a laff mate.

I am not a moaner as some on here would suggest. Mr Clough was one of the best man managers around. Do you know how he did it? He praised and cajoled and told players that they were better than they actually were. He also gave them roastings in equal measure WHEN they needed them. That is my point. One of the greatest managers of all time, Mr Matt Busby was a quietly spoken man who gave out praise and roastings during the game in equal measure, . Bill Shankly was fiercely protective of his players during, before and after the games. I was at Latics on Saturday and did not hear one positive sentence out of Sheridans mouth. Other supporters around me also heard his comments and held their heads in disbelief. It is not about the use of language either. I can F and blind with the best of them and sometimes do at Latics. You're just ticked off because I don't rate our Manager and his sidekick. Thats fine. It's my opinion as you have yours. What I am saying is that he has no man management skills and I will continue to do so. So lets drop the personal crap and debate the issue. I was a damn sight "happier" than Sheridan yesterday when we were 1-0 up. 2-0 up 2-1 up then 3-1 up. I was in fact jumping up and down applauding my team. Which I will do long after Sheridan is gone (God Willing). I don't expect many to call for Sheridans head but would just ask you to consider this. If you continually call someone CRAP they usually end up just that....CRAP.

You wouldn't have thought so from the reaction of our Management team. The abuse hurled at the players again by Sheridan today was disgusting. I could not believe what he called gary Mc... who was one of the best players on the park. The Chaddy enders need to hear what he says to a group of young players who are still learning in many respects. Today was the last straw for me. To hear the crowd singing his name when he was calling Allessandra a Wa**er was unbelievable. We would be better off without him. It took him all his time to shake Lewis' hand as he came off and that was only due to many fans screaming at him to do so. The lad had just scored his first senior goal ffs. I'd rather have Philliskirk as Manager....

Its fans like you that undermin what the manager is trying to achieve.... When we lose its all the managers fault and when we win you still find fault....

Its fans like you that undermin what the manager is trying to achieve.... When we lose its all the managers fault and when we win you still find fault....

Where have I said that it is all the Managers fault. The players take responsibility on the pitch. Tha Managers job is to prepare them well and motivate them to play to the best of their abilities. It is also to encourage, praise, discipline, roast them and applaud when they score. And if Sheridan is undermined by my comments then he should be up the road for Gods sake. A bit of criticism against the Mighty Shez and everybody leaps down your throat. How do you think you get the best out of your employees then?

I am not finding fault with the team at all. They went out and beat one of our fiercest rivals on Satdi. Yippee!!! I just wish our Manager could have joined in with the feel good factor. When Tranmere got one back everybody around me was shouting things like "Come on Oldham" "Keep going Lads" "Lets have another" Pity our manager didn't...... Its our club and we have the right to have a view on issues. I just happen to think this is a major issue for the Tic's

i certainly aint ticked off that you dont like the manager.or his style.

but if his style gets us promoted and we end up a consistant team in the championship,you will be one of the first to be happy,you wont be saying hey i wish we were still in league one with a better manager.

like has been said,he gets moaned at when were rubbish and moaned at when were good,so he really cant win.

as for personal insults...where.....oh i said change your name. i just cant understand why someone would call themself happy,when they clearly are not.

if you dont like what he has to say move to another part of the ground,or instead of whinging your arse off on here and trying to drag us back down to a negative standing,email alan hardy,im sure he will be only too happy to recieve your complaint.

Where have I said that it is all the Managers fault. The players take responsibility on the pitch. Tha Managers job is to prepare them well and motivate them to play to the best of their abilities. It is also to encourage, praise, discipline, roast them and applaud when they score. And if Sheridan is undermined by my comments then he should be up the road for Gods sake. A bit of criticism against the Mighty Shez and everybody leaps down your throat. How do you think you get the best out of your employees then?

I am not finding fault with the team at all. They went out and beat one of our fiercest rivals on Satdi. Yippee!!! I just wish our Manager could have joined in with the feel good factor. When Tranmere got one back everybody around me was shouting things like "Come on Oldham" "Keep going Lads" "Lets have another" Pity our manager didn't...... Its our club and we have the right to have a view on issues. I just happen to think this is a major issue for the Tic's

You know nothing about football pal....

LAst week there was people on here saying that Shez is too friendly with the players. How he is one of the boys.

This week, he is too hard on them.....??

Damed if he does, damed is he dosent....

I hate fans like you.....

You wouldn't have thought so from the reaction of our Management team. The abuse hurled at the players again by Sheridan today was disgusting. I could not believe what he called gary Mc... who was one of the best players on the park. The Chaddy enders need to hear what he says to a group of young players who are still learning in many respects. Today was the last straw for me. To hear the crowd singing his name when he was calling Allessandra a Wa**er was unbelievable. We would be better off without him. It took him all his time to shake Lewis' hand as he came off and that was only due to many fans screaming at him to do so. The lad had just scored his first senior goal ffs. I'd rather have Philliskirk as Manager....

Tryy, THis is very interesting, but a couple fo points. You say later you want debate, but last time I saw the Oxford Debating Society they didn't start by going off on a right ant and tant. The very thing you accuse Sheridan of.

I will say three things to you regarding Shedian going into one:

It shows he cares.

What happened when we were 2-0 up, they got one back and culd have got back into the game.

How often have we faltered at the end of a game? Too often

Tryy, THis is very interesting, but a couple fo points. You say later you want debate, but last time I saw the Oxford Debating Society they didn't start by going off on a right ant and tant. The very thing you accuse Sheridan of.

I will say three things to you regarding Shedian going into one:

It shows he cares.

What happened when we were 2-0 up, they got one back and culd have got back into the game.

How often have we faltered at the end of a game? Too often

I accept what your saying about Sheridan caring. I have never suggested he doesn't. All I am calling into question are his man management skills. These do not seem to be evident when he stands on the touchline. I would also add that when they got a goal back there were several routes he could have taken. Encouragement was one of them but he didn't. We did however go and score again so that could go aganst my argument. We don't know though that if he had been actively encouraging the players they may well have not conceded the goal in the first place. I accept that we have faltered towards the end of games but isn't that a question of fitness rather than man management.

Sorry to hear that yesterday was the last straw for you.

Thanks for your support while we had it. Enjoy the rest of your life and I hope that you only ever experience positive man management in the future.

Thanks and Goodbye.

:bigcry:

Your attempts to have a pop at Shez are ridiculous....

They're a matter of opinion. This is my opinion. Thats what this forum is for isn't it. we come on here to debate the issues around our club. This to me is a major issue. If you hate people like me you don't have to respond to the posts. I go to every game with optimism in my heart for the club and have done so since 1962ish. I have seen a couple of Managers in that time and watched a lot of football at BP. I am having a pop at Sheridans man management style. I think it makes him a poor manager along with some of the other issues that have been around BP this season. I honestly believe that we are in a good position in this league in spite of the management rather than because of it. I would love us to get into the Championship and will cheer and shout at every opportunity in order to make that a reality. that includes during the game when Chrissy Taylor loses the ball or Eards hoofs it 60 yards. I avoid personal insults as far as I can. I never say I hate other Latics fans just because they don't agree with my view. In fact I encourage the debate. It is not ridiculous to question a management style, its a legitimate question.

They're a matter of opinion. This is my opinion. Thats what this forum is for isn't it. we come on here to debate the issues around our club. This to me is a major issue. If you hate people like me you don't have to respond to the posts. I go to every game with optimism in my heart for the club and have done so since 1962ish. I have seen a couple of Managers in that time and watched a lot of football at BP. I am having a pop at Sheridans man management style. I think it makes him a poor manager along with some of the other issues that have been around BP this season. I honestly believe that we are in a good position in this league in spite of the management rather than because of it. I would love us to get into the Championship and will cheer and shout at every opportunity in order to make that a reality. that includes during the game when Chrissy Taylor loses the ball or Eards hoofs it 60 yards. I avoid personal insults as far as I can. I never say I hate other Latics fans just because they don't agree with my view. In fact I encourage the debate. It is not ridiculous to question a management style, its a legitimate question.

Seems like you're trying to make out people are "bullying" you by being a willing victim, bringing up "some people don't like others having opinions" before anyone has really done anything to have a go at you, and the claim that some people have "shouted" at you, how does that work? And if it's ok for you to put your posts out in a somewhat haughty manner (which looks a lot like a wind up) then it's also ok for people to respond to you in a robust manner, after it's "just the way they talk".

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's not a worthwhile opinion as it's based on your limited knowledge of the dressing room and the players. Also, what you are forgetting is that whilst words of praise and encouragement work well in calm situation, they don't have much impact in a charged, high emotion situation.

Also, when a player has scored, he doesn't need to be given a pat on the back, he needs to get back on with his job. Hence a strong word or two.

You even claim that Shez only shook Lewis's hand because the fans told him to?? What planet are you on. You've posted a load of rubbish that makes no sense and includes conclusions that you assert that are based only on your opinions, not on facts.

You've excluded Clough by claiming that he knew when to praise and when to shout, but can you give us any examples of when this occurred? Or have you just made it up to suit yourself? I think shez knew when to praise and when to shout - the result certainly suggests so?

Now, stop being a moaner, looking for faults after a 3-1 win makes you look small minded and rather pathetic.

Edited by real

Where did he say he hated you? Seems like you're trying to make out people are "bullying" you by being a willing victim. And if it's ok for you to put your posts out in a somewhat haughty manner (which looks a lot like a wind up) then it's also ok for people to respond to you in a robust manner, after it's "just the way they talk".

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's not a worthwhile opinion as it's based on your limited knowledge of the dressing room and the players. Also, what you are forgetting is that whilst words of praise and encouragement work well in calm situation, they don't have much impact in a charged, high emotion situation.

Also, when a player has scored, he doesn't need to be given a pat on the back, he needs to get back on with his job. Hence a strong word or two.

Now, stop being a sad moaner, looking for faults after a 3-1 win makes you look small minded and rather pathetic.

sod it I'm going to get involved. I can't believe SOME of the complete idiots on this board. Agree or disagree you can't just start personally attacking people with snide put downs, or just downright obvious ones. A debate goes along the lines of I disagree with you because...... Not your opinion is :censored: and does not count because you have limited intelligence. Have to say this board is becoming a joke at times, more a playfround for bully boy tactics. Out of order!!

I read this thread to half way then got bored with it. Let me just summarize and perhaps you'll all just deal with the meat of the first post. A member poster thinks that JS manner in which he speaks to his players during a game is unacceptable in terms of language used and counter productive in terms of encouraging said players to perform better. Due to this it's his opinion that JS isn't the right man for the job.

Now discuss those points not the poster who raised it, or the fact he maybe a continual moaner/happy clapper. I for one thinks he brings up a good point to discuss. It certainly isn't a good defence saying we've won, cos we've bloody lost a load too!

Edited by Lags

So let me get this straight, it's fine for the manager to abuse the players but out of oder when the paying supporters do?

Oh and this is the perfect example of someone being jumped on for not sharing the happy clappy views, Terrys raised

some valid points.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

I read this thread to half way then got bored with it. Let me just summarize and perhaps you'll all just deal with the meat of the first post. A member poster thinks that JS manner in which he speaks to his players during a game is unacceptable in terms of language used and counter productive in terms of encouraging said players to perform better. Due to this it's his opinion that JS isn't the right man for the job.

Now discuss those points not the poster who raised it, or the fact he maybe a continual moaner/happy clapper. I for one thinks he brings up a good point to discuss. It certainly isn't a good defence saying we've won, cos we've bloody lost a load too!

Yes sir ... Some of us already are though .. just try to ignore posts by those who make things personal really

When all the ground is jumping up and down and singing about how much they love Latics there is one man who has to keep his feet ont he ground - The manager.

The day that a manager of a club forgets that is a sad day for football. Look at Martin O'Neill, for most of the week he is calm and composed but as soon as the ref blows that whistle he turns in to a raving mad man, kicking every ball and winning every tackle. After the match he usually returns to normal.

For the 90 minutes the players know the manager thinks well of them, otherwise they wouldn't be out on the park, when they drop a clanger or deviate from the game plan any living breathing human being will let them know in no uncertain terms. The squad and manager have all week to have a love in but from whistle to whistle the messages have to be loud and clear.

Watch the interviews with the players on Laticsworld, we aren't dealing with brain surgeons, we aren't dealing with mensa candidates

Yes sir ... Some of us already are though .. just try to ignore posts by those who make things personal really

And that's my weakness Disco. If I feel anyone is just launching a personal attack on me rather than discussing the points I just want to kick them when I see them. However at least I know it's my weakness! gotta admit I was well pleased with misen at Vale, I started to follow someone back into the toilet and then turned misen around and convinced misen they wasn't worth it..

And that's my weakness Disco. If I feel anyone is just launching a personal attack on me rather than discussing the points I just want to kick them when I see them. However at least I know it's my weakness! gotta admit I was well pleased with misen at Vale, I started to follow someone back into the toilet and then turned misen around and convinced misen they wasn't worth it..

:lol:

Deep Breaths .. Count to 10

Wooooooooosa!

Edited by kellys_discopants

So let me get this straight, it's fine for the manager to abuse the players but out of oder when the paying supporters do?

Oh and this is the perfect example of someone being jumped on for not sharing the happy clappy views, Terrys raised

some valid points.

I would hope Shezza, being the budding premiership he hopes to be. recognises that not every player will respond to be given a rollocking. I know I wouldn't! Part of being a good manager is having good man-management skills. Recognising how to get the best out of each individual player! Perhaps yesterday shez knew the players he was balling out would respond to a rollicking. That is great if it works for that player. However, some will respond better to encouragement during the game--I think it is called positive reinforcement. Indeed, I'm sure players like' pogs for example' would have benefited from such an approach being the confidence he is.

When all the ground is jumping up and down and singing about how much they love Latics there is one man who has to keep his feet ont he ground - The manager.

The day that a manager of a club forgets that is a sad day for football. Look at Martin O'Neill, for most of the week he is calm and composed but as soon as the ref blows that whistle he turns in to a raving mad man, kicking every ball and winning every tackle. After the match he usually returns to normal.

For the 90 minutes the players know the manager thinks well of them, otherwise they wouldn't be out on the park, when they drop a clanger or deviate from the game plan any living breathing human being will let them know in no uncertain terms. The squad and manager have all week to have a love in but from whistle to whistle the messages have to be loud and clear.

Watch the interviews with the players on Laticsworld, we aren't dealing with brain surgeons, we aren't dealing with mensa candidates

Personally I think Sheridan loses it on the touch line cos he feels the pressure. Pressure brought onto himself cos he knows what he wants but sometimes doesnt know how to get it. Which actually means he's as frustrated with himself as he is with the players. Shez has admitted it many times in interviews if you care to go back through them all.

I would hope Shezza, being the budding premiership he hopes to be. recognises that not every player will respond to be given a rollocking. I know I wouldn't! Part of being a good manager is having good man-management skills. Recognising how to get the best out of each individual player! Perhaps yesterday shez knew the players he was balling out would respond to a rollicking. That is great if it works for that player. However, some will respond better to encouragement during the game--I think it is called positive reinforcement. Indeed, I'm sure players like' pogs for example' would have benefited from such an approach being the confidence he is.

CONFIDENCE PLAYER + ROLLICKING = PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

PLAYERS WHO NEED A ROLLICKING + ROLLICKING = IMPROVED PERFORMANCE.

It really is that simple.