• Lomax
    • McDonald
    • Allott
    • Smalley
    • Taylor
    • Alessandra
    • Constantine
    • Wolfendon (Alessandra, 87)

Are you trying to make this a contest Ackey? On another day Alessandra could have been in with a shout but there's only going to be one winner in this one... Hazelle was also superb but it was the Day of the Rat yesterday and no mistake.

Are you trying to make this a contest Ackey? On another day Alessandra could have been in with a shout but there's only going to be one winner in this one... Hazelle was also superb but it was the Day of the Rat yesterday and no mistake.

In my ratings post I gave Alessandra 10/10 and I stand by that. Considering his age and size he bullied their giant of a defender all over the place. He won +70% of the balls into him, including a large percentage of high balls and accounting for the fact that he had lumps kicked out of him.

I would take nothing away from Allott, fantastic performance, but for me Lewis was a class act.

In my ratings post I gave Alessandra 10/10 and I stand by that. Considering his age and size he bullied their giant of a defender all over the place. He won +70% of the balls into him, including a large percentage of high balls and accounting for the fact that he had lumps kicked out of him.

I would take nothing away from Allott, fantastic performance, but for me Lewis was a class act.

It was mighty impressive the way he dumped his marker on his arse one time in the first half. Showed he has a tough edge to him that you need to see in a top forward. Still think Ratters was the best by miles though.

Allott for me too. He's making a habit of putting in a full shift every week and I never thought I'd be saying that. I'm happy to be utterly wrong about him and would give Mark the Player of the Season trophy now.

Well tough luck, we've not had it made yet :wink:

Lewis for me, Taylor was outstanding, but you cant argue with a goal and assist, coupled with constant harassing of their defender and all round brilliant close control. i hope we have this lad on a long term deal, and if not, why not? i would go as far to say he would be my first choice striker now, the question is who plays along side him. Davies would find it very hard to get back in the team if i was manager.

Maybe I'm beginning to take Ratboy's performances for granted. Yes he was immense (again). But for me, MoM was a very tight contest between Smalley and Alessandra who probably both had their best game for the club. Alessandra shades it by virtue of finally bagging that first goal!

I also thought Taylor had a much better game - perhaps simply because we had balance with Smalley on the right, which meant we didn't rely on Taylor as our only out ball.

Edited by garcon

speaking as someone connected to giving the official award to deano yesterday,we felt he deserved it for his first half performance,just sneaking it over taylor,however over the 90 mins it had to be allot,we also thought it would be a boost to his confidence wich all kids need when starting a career in football,something some of our supporters should bear in mind

speaking as someone connected to giving the official award to deano yesterday,we felt he deserved it for his first half performance,just sneaking it over taylor,however over the 90 mins it had to be allot,we also thought it would be a boost to his confidence wich all kids need when starting a career in football,something some of our supporters should bear in mind

Thanks for that mate. Sometimes I admit that the 'official' decision baffles me. However yesterday, whilst I think it could have gone elsewhere, I can accept it going to Dean. He had a great game.

Having been once responsible for one of the more baffling sponsors' decisions inhistory myself, I can appreciate your position and comments. :grin:

I really think right wing suits Smalley's game. His pace and directness scares the sh*t out of full backs.

Having been once responsible for one of the more baffling sponsors' decisions inhistory myself, I can appreciate your position and comments. :grin:

I really think right wing suits Smalley's game. His pace and directness scares the sh*t out of full backs.

i was match sponsor once. i went for the easy option and chose beckett. he was getting it every week and i was drunk and thought it was the easy option. didnt really see much of the game cos i was at the bar/on the loo/watching the grand national etc etc. turns out he hit the post twice and had a generally all round bad game by his standards. boy did i look a reet muppet.

easy to understand these baffling decisions when you have been in the situation yourself

I thought it might be something like that, good on you! He has done well recently and hopefully will have a bit of a run over the next few games and establish himself as a regular starter.

Lewis for me, Taylor was outstanding, but you cant argue with a goal and assist, coupled with constant harassing of their defender and all round brilliant close control. i hope we have this lad on a long term deal, and if not, why not?

Out of contract this summer. Surely a long term deal on the cards? :pray:

Maybe I'm beginning to take Ratboy's performances for granted. Yes he was immense (again). But for me, MoM was a very tight contest between Smalley and Alessandra who probably both had their best game for the club. Alessandra shades it by virtue of finally bagging that first goal!

I also thought Taylor had a much better game - perhaps simply because we had balance with Smalley on the right, which meant we didn't rely on Taylor as our only out ball.

I have to go for Allot over Smalley. Allott hit the ground running from the first minute. Dean took a little time to settle but did have probably his best game for the tic's after the first ten minutes