I was going to put this thread on the OWTB FC forum but decided it wasnt just the team and officials I let down.

I would just like to say sorry to all involved with the team, and all latics supporters who so rightly want the latics to win at whatever level, inc fans fixtures. I have all weekend to ponder over my actions and have realised I let myself down, the team and officials down, and latics fans in general down. I am certain there are 100s of fans who would love to have played but through whatever reason never get the opportunity, and I have abused that. I sincerly hope I am given the opportunity to play again though understand if not.

I was going to put this thread on the OWTB FC forum but decided it wasnt just the team and officials I let down.

I would just like to say sorry to all involved with the team, and all latics supporters who so rightly want the latics to win at whatever level, inc fans fixtures. I have all weekend to ponder over my actions and have realised I let myself down, the team and officials down, and latics fans in general down. I am certain there are 100s of fans who would love to have played but through whatever reason never get the opportunity, and I have abused that. I sincerly hope I am given the opportunity to play again though understand if not.

What happened ??

Remeniscant of David Beckham just after the World Cup in '98.

These things happen Jacko, their manager said to me afterwards that they'd been expecting someone to lamp that gobby lad sooner or later. It's very decent of you to apologise for it though.

Yer still getting fined two weeks wages though :jailed:

Takes a big man to say that mate but don't do yourself down. It's a bit of fun and I'd be surprised if anyone thinks seriously that you let them down. Things got said to Clare on Saturday (and good to see a few redressing the balance today) in the heat of the moment about all sorts of stuff but that's just what it is - heat of the moment and football is emotional at any level.

You lead by example up until that moment of rashness and it is fair to say that the Bindipper was a proper wind-up merchant. I've not seen all the OWTB games but those I have, you have been outstanding and a real rock of the Team. Yes you were missed after the sending off but that says more about your performance and physical prescence than anything else.

More importantly, I'm still waiting for the Sheridans_World "Sorry for being such a tart and wimping out of that header" thread. :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Takes a big man to say that mate but don't do yourself down. It's a bit of fun and I'd be surprised if anyone thinks seriously that you let them down. Things got said to Clare on Saturday (and good to see a few redressing the balance today) in the heat of the moment about all sorts of stuff but that's just what it is - heat of the moment and football is emotional at any level.

You lead by example up until that moment of rashness and it is fair to say that the Bindipper was a proper wind-up merchant. I've not seen all the OWTB games but those I have, you have been outstanding and a real rock of the Team. Yes you were missed after the sending off but that says more about your performance and physical prescence than anything else.

More importantly, I'm still waiting for the Sheridans_World "Sorry for being such a tart and wimping out of that header" thread. :grin:

Yep , got to agree with that , keep yer chins up J@cko ! :chubb:

From what I have read since the game on Saturday one thing stands out , you all care and all want to win !

Just to show my support , each and every one of you are a credit to OWTB ! :applause1: , from players to the staff , well done and all keep the OWTB flag flying high (I can hear a song coming on ...... :OWTB1: )

Yep , got to agree with that , keep yer chins up J@cko ! :chubb:

From what I have read since the game on Saturday one thing stands out , you all care and all want to win !

Just to show my support , each and every one of you are a credit to OWTB ! :applause1: , from players to the staff , well done and all keep the OWTB flag flying high (I can hear a song coming on ...... :OWTB1: )

Wouldn't of happened Jacko if the guy you hit got his sending off in the first half for his two footed lunge on me then again the left back did just the same so really they should of been down to 9 men. We battered them first half and should of been more than 1 up!

From what I've heard Jacko it was a decent punch. If you're gonna get sent off, might as well make it worthwhile! :grin:

Oh, and could I recommend double training for Sheridans_world (Si) - I had to listen to him for an hour before the Latics match moaning about how stiff he was...

So he smacked a gobby scouser.....oh well :lol:

No worries Jacko, you did what everyone else wanted to do soooo bad - he does that every week and is bloody good at it - I am sure he is a decent enuff fellow off the pitch but what a gobsh1te he was on the pitch - still ires me even now!

HEH Jacko if your going to do it at least you got a worthwhile sending off rather than a dissent one

And he was a c*ck glad I kicked him first half

for a big lad he bottled it quickly though so fair play, and you had a great game until then so all in all the lads beat the bin dipper whereas you just beat a bindipper :grin:

Apology accepted. You'll get a chance to play again. Wish you'd stuck around to the end and watched the rest of the game though.

After you hit him he said to me "I wouldnt mind, it wasnt even a hard punch" to which i replied "Yeah, but to be fair he did crack you over someones shoulder and its a good job, cause if he hit you full belt you wouldnt be stood talking about it". He laughed but had a bit of a smacked schoolboy look on his face. :grin:

He thought he was funny when he kept telling me i was a spitting image for Darren Ferguson. :huh: Not heard that one before have i? <_<

After you hit him he said to me "I wouldnt mind, it wasnt even a hard punch" to which i replied "Yeah, but to be fair he did crack you over someones shoulder and its a good job, cause if he hit you full belt you wouldnt be stood talking about it". He laughed but had a bit of a smacked schoolboy look on his face. :grin:

He thought he was funny when he kept telling me i was a spitting image for Darren Ferguson. :huh: Not heard that one before have i? <_<

well done i say if its true he tried to break someones leg with the tackle.....im sure i would have controlled myself in the same situation......hahahah

can beardy have extra training as well then please..i had to listen to him moaning all through saturdays game about his stiffness.......and how leezervey punks hair didnt move out of place...even in the shower!!!

J@cko. The funniest thing wasnt you lamping the scouser. It was your brother as you were trudging off to the sides yelling that their lad was calling you a fat b**tard and trying to stir it up. Well that and when anyone asked where you'd disappeared too, people just replied - "getting some golf clubs and a few baseball bats for after the game."

Talking to some of the dippers in the Grey Mare before Latics game and they said they were expecting him to get whacked one day. Thing is, he was all too happy to push Paddy in the head in the first half wasnt he???

Dont think anyone was suprised you whacked him - you said months back when the game was first penned in that you were going to clean one out. Kept your word at least :lol:

Paddy - surely you should of skied your effort if you'd had J@cko as first scorer.

well done i say if its true he tried to break someones leg with the tackle.....im sure i would have controlled myself in the same situation......hahahah

can beardy have extra training as well then please..i had to listen to him moaning all through saturdays game about his stiffness.......and how leezervey punks hair didnt move out of place...even in the shower!!!

Still erect even in the showers - no wonder noone else came in heh heh. The secret for my 'speshul' hair - soap and water - because I am worth it - buggered if it would have rained though - ouch soap in me eyes. Glad Jacko has been reprieved of any future discipline, we need him against the sheeps!

Been in touch with their boss again, he said the fact that none of their lot got involved in mass handbags about the incident tells you all you need to know about what they think about that No 19 lad*. Apparently they have won awards for playing with the best spirit of teams in the League several times and they aren't exactly keen on wind-up merchants. It was naughty of Jacko to rise to it but no harm done.

*That, and the fact that they were probably scared Jacko would put them in a bun and eat them with some ketchup for his breakfast

• 2 years later...
J@cko. The funniest thing wasnt you lamping the scouser. It was your brother as you were trudging off to the sides yelling that their lad was calling you a fat b**tard and trying to stir it up. Well that and when anyone asked where you'd disappeared too, people just replied - "getting some golf clubs and a few baseball bats for after the game."

Talking to some of the dippers in the Grey Mare before Latics game and they said they were expecting him to get whacked one day. Thing is, he was all too happy to push Paddy in the head in the first half wasnt he???

Dont think anyone was suprised you whacked him - you said months back when the game was first penned in that you were going to clean one out. Kept your word at least :lol:

Paddy - surely you should of skied your effort if you'd had J@cko as first scorer.

Jacko will go down in folklore for this. I was stood at the other end of the pitch and could not believe what I was seeing. Brilliant Dazzler.

As for the goal, even two and a half years on, I still maintain it was a "worldie" and one of the best I've ever bagged.

Jacko will go down in folklore for this. I was stood at the other end of the pitch and could not believe what I was seeing. Brilliant Dazzler.

As for the goal, even two and a half years on, I still maintain it was a "worldie" and one of the best I've ever bagged.

Swago as ref if I remember rightly and we didnt even have netting in them days. He stamped on Lordy as well when he was on the floor - not sure if it was that game or a different one.

I think J@cko has sorted the Tranmere lad (Paul) out. He's bought me a drink on a few occasions and constantly tells how he used to hate Oldham up until he started playing us. He's also met J@cko on a few occasions since and does have alot of respect for him.