Swago as ref if I remember rightly and we didnt even have netting in them days. He stamped on Lordy as well when he was on the floor - not sure if it was that game or a different one.

I think J@cko has sorted the Tranmere lad (Paul) out. He's bought me a drink on a few occasions and constantly tells how he used to hate Oldham up until he started playing us. He's also met J@cko on a few occasions since and does have alot of respect for him.

Out of interest, how have the fans team been getting on recently?

Out of interest, how have the fans team been getting on recently?

There hasnt been a game in ages. Not sure entirely why, but one reason is due to Will having problems with getting a pitch from the council. Think there's only been Tranmere this season and i'm not entirely sure of the score as I didnt play. Last season's results were decent - think we managed about 20 games last season (we travelled all over including Preston, Sheff United and a few other places just to get a game in. As well as a few cup competitions - Preston which we won the plate competition and the West Brom one largely made up with sunday league sides.)

It's come quite a long way from that first game at Huddersfield when we hammered them and that last minute draw at Stalybridge in our 2nd ever game with just the ten of us. Probably say there's about 40 different lads who've played for the side in the last twelve months.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

There hasnt been a game in ages. Not sure entirely why, but one reason is due to Will having problems with getting a pitch from the council. Think there's only been Tranmere this season and i'm not entirely sure of the score as I didnt play. Last season's results were decent - think we managed about 20 games last season (we travelled all over including Preston, Sheff United and a few other places just to get a game in. As well as a few cup competitions - Preston which we won the plate competition and the West Brom one largely made up with sunday league sides.)

It's come quite a long way from that first game at Huddersfield when we hammered them and that last minute draw at Stalybridge in our 2nd ever game with just the ten of us. Probably say there's about 40 different lads who've played for the side in the last twelve months.

good to here there still going rocky btw did anybody get intouch with that team from guernsey ? Also got an idea for a tourment how about fans teams from all the other latics in the land .Charlton wigan frickley annan dunfermline have the latics cup ?

Think the last match I played was the match when I got sent off at home to Dogdale after that lad said he was going to break my legs.

My favourite game was probably the Huddersfield away game. It was a novelty thing. The pride Jacko must have felt scoring our first ever goal must have been huge.

Think the last match I played was the match when I got sent off at home to Dogdale after that lad said he was going to break my legs.

My favourite game was probably the Huddersfield away game. It was a novelty thing. The pride Jacko must have felt scoring our first ever goal must have been huge.

lept like a salmon and oaksey got crunched that game. funny how you still remember it 3 years on. Probably my favourite game too.

I remember that. Hahaha. :grin:

Peanuts. No, I passed you my number but nothing came of it. We'll probably go and do the big tournament in Leeds next summer which see's sides from all over the u.k and a couple of foreign one's.

Otley run is brilliant! :grin: Gruelling, but brilliant.

I'm hoping to do one for my hen do :). Doubt I'll do the whole thing now, but finished easily several times in my younger days - living a 5 minute stroll from the first pub on the run helped me to practice :wink:.

Weetwood is the area Boddington Hall is the place.

That isn't too far from me. Give us a shout when you're playing I'll come and watch then we can Otley run it into Headingley.

Otley Run, started at 4pm got in at 4am, how I lasted I'll never ever know.