Too harsh on the lads.....

I've ben thinking about this after our game against the bindippers on Saturday and after witnessing Tuesdays "blip" against the knuckle draggers and i think i have been really harsh on latics this season and so have alot of people. I'm quite a negative person when it come to latics as most of my teenage and early adulthood has been spent watching latics in league one and in some of the back end of the premiership (i was a season ticket holder with me dad but can't remember most of the games) so have become used to watching us lose.

I was really pissed off after the Hartlepool game as i thought we could have really pushed on if we beat them and i came down on them really hard but after thinking about it look where we are!

We're ninth in the table, we've beaten alot of the top 6 teams (swansea, carlisle, tranmere, southend, doncaster (f.a cup), Leeds and beaten Everton away in the cup) and looked at times like a decent side.

All this whilst losing Gregan, Lidds, Thompson, Hughes (in and out), Davies (recently), Pogs and Kalala. Add on top of that selling Trotters.

I think we should all be very happy to support a club who is consistantly bringing young players in to the squad and giving them a go. We currently have Eardley, Taylor, Smalley, Allessandra, Wolfy and Lomax regularly playing and gaining valuable experience which can only hold latics in good stead for the next few seasons.

If this team finishes in the top 10 this season then i think we should be proud of the players for doing such a good job. This is a young inexperienced team who is really mixing it up with some far more experienced teams/squads in this division.

It really has made me sit up and say "what the hell am i moaning at"? We've all seen some god awful perforamces this season which has tested our faith of but it's purely becuase we punched above our weight last season. We've seen a lot worse teams than the one we have since we've been in this league haven't we!

I decided on Saturday i wouldn't moan once about Eardley's inability to find a blue shirt and he had decent game with an actual winger in front of him. In future i've taken a pact that everytime someone sits behind me and moans (upper lookers) especially the bloke who was shouting for Constantine to "go back to leeds" after his 2nd game with us i'm going to shout something positive to the team. I'm usually one of the first to have a go, especially at Eardley coz he blows so hot and cold but i think the players really appreciate it when we get behind them. I've always followed the saying "i pay my money so i'm entitled to have a go" but what is it actually achieving? What's the point in paying £20 to have a go? It's not gunna help the players.

I am offically becoming an optimist with latics. I lost the faith after Hartlepool but have quickly got it back (and not just because we won on saturday but because we should be happy with where the club is going) so i urge everyone else not to lose the faith and keep supporting the lads coz i think we should be happy to have a lub that are moving forward.

Ninth in the league (considering how poor we have been at times) should be considered good, young upcoming manager, team full of good youth players and the ground being developed at the end of the season.

So i say let's cheer up, it's not really that bad is it?

NO MORE SHEZ OUT POOLS! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!

KTF!

VIVA LE BLUES! :ktf:

i agree two 100%, ive never slated the team i always get behind them because i sit with mr enthusiastic (lookers lower) haha, shez should stay its his 2nd year in full time managment with the squad we have i believe we will push on next year to play the likes of preston, burnley, sheffield wed/utd... keep him there we will have a new ground within years bigger clubs coming here with bigger away followings and different away places to enjoy again

ktf in shez and the club will go places

We wont go up this season as we dont have a good enough squad even team.

However i couldnt care less if we went up this season. I sing praise at the lads every game and allthough we are awful sometimes i beleive were on the up.

Im hoping that we can sign 6 or 7 championship players for next season and allong with the kids coming through we could get promoted.

I am offically becoming an optimist with latics. I lost the faith after Hartlepool but have quickly got it back (and not just because we won on saturday but because we should be happy with where the club is going) so i urge everyone else not to lose the faith and keep supporting the lads coz i think we should be happy to have a lub that are moving forward.

Ninth in the league (considering how poor we have been at times) should be considered good, young upcoming manager, team full of good youth players and the ground being developed at the end of the season.

KTF!

Great post! Keep on clapping happily!! :grin:

I think that football is such a short term game these days, with effectively, every team having a clean slate every 12 months. The way I see it, we've gone backwards from last season, for varying reasons, and for most of the season, we've been mediocre at best and a lot of supporters have had enough of being poor for so long. I know ST holders who have simply given up going because of the consistently poor product on the pitch.

Personally speaking, I'm starting to feel disullisioned as I can't see anything ahead for us, other than finishing mid table in this division. At least under Ritchie, we always felt as if something better was around the corner, whereas now, I think that this is as good as we're going to get. I honestly think that the cup defeat to Hudders left a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths, as the performance that day was appalling.

I try to remain positive, but I just feel that for one reason or another, we're just not good enough.

I think that football is such a short term game these days, with effectively, every team having a clean slate every 12 months. The way I see it, we've gone backwards from last season, for varying reasons, and for most of the season, we've been mediocre at best and a lot of supporters have had enough of being poor for so long. I know ST holders who have simply given up going because of the consistently poor product on the pitch.

Personally speaking, I'm starting to feel disullisioned as I can't see anything ahead for us, other than finishing mid table in this division. At least under Ritchie, we always felt as if something better was around the corner, whereas now, I think that this is as good as we're going to get. I honestly think that the cup defeat to Hudders left a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths, as the performance that day was appalling.

I try to remain positive, but I just feel that for one reason or another, we're just not good enough.

Not good enough for what? Not good enough to get promotion or good enough to get in to the top 10?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't see anything ahead of us? Surely you must see some positives slurms?

We're getting our ground sorted and we're ninth in the league? i think everyone knows we're not good enough to get in the play-offs but you never know. I felt like you last week, after the performance against Hartelpool. I said to myself that's it, i'm :censored: done with them, not going any more. The worse thing that could of happenned to us last season was getting in the play offs. It was great to see the success but i think nearly everyone was expecting us to go up this year and it's been a really disappointing season but wait till next year, i'm confident that with a couple of good signings too add to the youngsters ability we could be a really good side next year.

KTF In Shez and the team.

KTF!

Brilliant post - well said. I have no illusions now about going up, just wanna enjoy the rest of the season and appreciate every game coz when the season is over, I will be truly lost - savour every moment - life is too short!

Ever trying to be the realist, I was called negative when I suggested pre-season that top 10 was success this season. But it will be....we took on huge gambles, went into the season with a midfield held together by a piece of string and knew that most of our back-up was going to be youth. When it was muted after Tuesday that this was one our worst seasons ever (some say how it was even worse than the one they got our last manager sacked for) I pointed out that neither seasons were as bad as is being made out. Really.....they aren't!

I think you only have to look at Luton to start to question our own season....they've come down from the Champs, been on the fringes of the playoffs for half the season, then gone into Administration (for whatever reasons) had 10pts deducted, had their 2 best players sold, lost their manager and the bottom has fallen out as they now await the season to end as they fall into the basement division. As we are.....we're very much the opposite to Luton.....we're a club on the up and hopefully Shez (ironing out some basic mistakes I do feel he makes, but he and any manager should be allowed from time to time) can push us on next season and make us a real prospect for promotion.

Onwards and upwards!

i really dont think we need that many changes in the summer. get a creative midfielder in, a left winger and a back up striker and we will be set. the youngsters will mature next season. we already see the potential allessandra has, and i dont think smalley is that far behind him.

people say we havent the strength in depth, but they need to understand next year smalley and allessandra are the lifeblood of the team. youngsters are naturally fitter, and less prone to wear and tear related injuries. if we could get

Eardley

Taylor

Alessandra

Smalley

Lomax

all playing 40+ games next season, with a sprinkling of

Allott

Stam

Hazell

Hughes

McDonald

you have to admit that isnt a half bad team, and with a years more experience amongst the first lot, i think we will be mighty hard to beat. in all honesty i would let Gregan, Thompson and Liddell go. (obviously discounting reckless challenges and broken fingernails) IMO there would be far less injuries amongst that team, and with the likes of Crossley (or A.N.Other), Stam, Hazell, Allott, Macca and Hughes you have a cracking backbone.

obviously the squad will need additions to replace them i have said i would let go, but i dont think we need to spend big to replace them and half decent squad players would do. players of the standard of Kalala, Rocastle and Warne would be plently good enough for me, and these are players not on a considrable wage it is to be imagined.