Managerial Records - Shez versus Ronnie

Interesting statistic in the programme on Saturday. Comparison of the last two seasons (Shez at BP versus Ronnie at PP):

Shez PLAYED 81 WON 34 DRAWN 23 LOST 24 FOR 111 AGAINST 79

Ronnie PLAYED 82 WON 32 DRAWN 23 LOST 27 FOR 98 AGAINST 88

Not bad for fledgling Manager huh? :huh:

Interesting statistic in the programme on Saturday. Comparison of the last two seasons (Shez at BP versus Ronnie at PP):

Shez PLAYED 81 WON 34 DRAWN 23 LOST 24 FOR 111 AGAINST 79

Ronnie PLAYED 82 WON 32 DRAWN 23 LOST 27 FOR 98 AGAINST 88

Not bad for fledgling Manager huh? :huh:

The goal differences tell a tale about the different levels of excitement you get under Shez.

Haha...pathetic people still trying it on....

Facts and the pictures they paint eh....nothing highlights Moore taking over a god-awful side looking doomed for League Two in his 1st few months versus the fledgling manager inheriting in his first season a side which was building towards promotion. Would be interesting to see them stats if the roles were reversed!

Keep it up lads.....is funny to watch the bottom of the barrel being scraped....

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest sheridans_world

You still have to admit that Shez has a better record, better goal difference and has achieved moore (geddit?) the Ronnie ever did. Plus the fact that we play more attractive football (see the hoof cut out) then we ever did under Moore. Granted we sometimes resort to hoof but when we play hoofmere rovers, we put it on the floor, keep it there and murder them.

You still have to admit that Shez has a better record, better goal difference and has achieved moore (geddit?) the Ronnie ever did. Plus the fact that we play more attractive football (see the hoof cut out) then we ever did under Moore. Granted we sometimes resort to hoof but when we play hoofmere rovers, we put it on the floor, keep it there and murder them.

Lol...we sometimes resort to hoof? Seen our build up/goals at Vale :wink:

TBH, it's well known that Moore's style is to be direct until hitting the oppo's half although even Wellens said that wasn't the instructions just we had lumps like Branston hoofing it....but most times, they'll attempt to pass it once into the oppo's half to create the goal. Thankfully, our defending was fairly solid throughout. Whereas we look to pass it about from the start....at times, resorting to Stam or Eardley hoofing anyway (esp when Shez fails to have a RW which thankfully was sorted out on Sat.)

Point in case though is that comparing stats like above is pointless unless Moore had had a 2nd season with his own squad. Didn't happen....Shez has a decent record, yes, but it's not a true comparison above.

Haha...pathetic people still trying it on....

Facts and the pictures they paint eh....nothing highlights Moore taking over a god-awful side looking doomed for League Two in his 1st few months versus the fledgling manager inheriting in his first season a side which was building towards promotion. Would be interesting to see them stats if the roles were reversed!

Keep it up lads.....is funny to watch the bottom of the barrel being scraped....

I'm not sure you read the first post correctly Ross - it's comparing Ronnie at Prenton Park with Shez at Boundary Park, not Steptoe at BP vs Shez at BP. Both of them took over teams that were not their own, both have made signings (I'd guess that Tranmere's wage bill is higher than ours but not sure), I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison.

I'm not sure you read the first post correctly Ross - it's comparing Ronnie at Prenton Park with Shez at Boundary Park, not Steptoe at BP vs Shez at BP. Both of them took over teams that were not their own, both have made signings (I'd guess that Tranmere's wage bill is higher than ours but not sure), I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison.

Fair comment, I hadn't read it properly. Although, it is still fair to say that Moore was building from scratch after Little's awful side whereas Shez inherited the foundations of a very good side...one that he simply added to and push forwards. Still an unfair comparison but not as unfair as I was making out (see I can admit that...a Ronniehater never would :wink:)

Fair comment, I hadn't read it properly. Although, it is still fair to say that Moore was building from scratch after Little's awful side whereas Shez inherited the foundations of a very good side...one that he simply added to and push forwards. Still an unfair comparison but not as unfair as I was making out (see I can admit that...a Ronniehater never would :wink:)

I think you're in love with Ronnie. :wub: