Insprial Carpets after Luton

Guest M_OAFC

What a great idea! Just bought a ticket.

All I need to do now is find a way of getting back to Luton afterwards! Unfortunately I booked to stop over there long before I knew about the Inspirals gig :( Not ideal but it can be done.

What a great idea! Just bought a ticket.

All I need to do now is find a way of getting back to Luton afterwards! Unfortunately I booked to stop over there long before I knew about the Inspirals gig :( Not ideal but it can be done.

We two B.A.L.L.S. are driving to Brent Cross after the Luton game and going into London on the Northern Line. Come with us if you want or come back with us after the gig and we can drop you in Luton.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Enjoy the gig tonight lads!

Went to gig at The Academy last night and they were superb, my favourites were Dragging Me Down, Sackville and Butterfly!

Good turn out to see the lads and they were having good crack with fans, good to see all the Inspirals families loving it on the balcony at the back.

I remember think it was back in '99 playing Sunday League against Gilly he was playing for Mills Hill Villa 'B' and me for Bardsley Halfway House. Good Days........ :grin:

Leeslover has made clear his dislike of Midlanders on many occasions such as:

I can confirm that my journey North on Friday was severely affected by flooding in the Midlands. Richard Branston heard that I was going up and ordered the clouds to burst so as to disrupt me. I tried to persuade them to let me get off and mercilessly butcher a few Midlanders to pass the time, but you know what they are like with health and safety.

So I was pleasantly surprised when he made this offer last week about tickets for the Inspiral Carpets in London on Saturday:

I'm going to do a booking today Diego, can get you some if you want to split the booking fee?

I accepted graciously:

Thanks, that would be great - two standing tickets for the (edge of the) mosh pit please. :icon_peace: PM me for what I owe you.

The money was exchanged at Luton and I was given the tickets in O’Neil’s at Shepherd’s Bush prior to the gig. I joked with Takemeanywhere about not standing in front of Mrs. Sideburns, which normally happens with big lads at gigs. Then when we tried to get in the gig the realisation hit me that leeslover had well and truly shafted two Midlanders by getting us tickets for the balcony while everyone else was standing downstairs, where I had requested the tickets.

We never go with the ‘stiffs’ in the balcony at gigs, so this was really embarrassing! It's like going in the Main Stand instead of the Chaddy at BP.

The gig was great and the acoustics were excellent, but I couldn’t hear any ‘Come on Oldham!’ or similar chants (from those with the standing tickets), which I had been hoping to lead.

If we get to the Play-off Final at Wembley I shall be offering to get tickets for leeslover………in the away end! :angry:

Sorry Diego, bit of a slip up there. By way of apology I'll make sure you are allowed a last meal of Marmite on toast before your appointment for slaughtering comes up. There wasn't actually anything stopping you coming downstairs though was there?

It was a top gig, and they were really friendly at the after-party too. Graham was chatting to us for ages, seemed like the sort of bloke with time for everybody. Clint wasn't best pleased when Tulsehill threw his scarf up to them, over his decks, and said something along the lines of, " :angry::lipsrsealed2::censored::censored::rant.sml: " I wasn't into the whole Manchester scene back in the day but it still triggered a few old memories.

Shafted? So Andy consciously got you the wrong tickets?

He was buying tickets and he has offered no explanation about getting standing tickets for himself and Tulsehill and seating tickets for us, even though I asked for standing tickets when agreeing to split the booking fee.

He was buying tickets and he has offered no explanation about getting standing tickets for himself and Tulsehill and seating tickets for us, even though I asked for standing tickets when agreeing to split the booking fee.

Diego, it was an honest mistake - I bought you exactly the same tickets as Tulsehill, he just walked past the bouncers to get to the front, which is why I thought you would also be able to, they must have sharpened up. I went in with a spare ticket Mark had. Obviously I meant to get them all together. Sorry, I'll buy you a pint or two the next time I see you.

I bought you exactly the same tickets as Tulsehill, he just walked past the bouncers to get to the front

The first part is true but, alas, the second part isn't. My friend Paul wanted a standing ticket, so the tout agreed to exchange mine for a standing one so we would have two the same. Had it not been for my ingenuity and bargaining skills, I would have been fuming in the seats with Diego. :grin: