Injured players at matches

Does anybody know if the Injured players like Greegan, Hughes and Liddel etc are required to come to watch the home matches???? Or do they leave it up to the players to decide?

Was just something I was thinking about on Saturday when wondering how Greegan would feel about Ruben the Rocks performances

I personally would make all players come to watch there team mates long term injury or not.....

Thats a good idea... Lets them see how well the team is doing without them, and lets them see where they might imporve the game when they get fit again. Also reassuring to the fans to see that the players are taking an active interest in the club, rather than it as a job.

I know some of them were there. Not sure if they are required to be though.

Like you I'd certainly make them come if it were up to me. Maybe allowing those on long term injury to come to every other game instead.

It would be nice to think they would actually want to come aswell...... For some reason I get the impression Greegan just wouldnt bother.... have no particular reason to think this and would love to be wrong

Guest oa_exile

Dont know what the rules are for every club but a few ex Latics have been seen at BP this season , Haining , Wellens , etc....also add to that Scholes

It would be nice to think they would actually want to come aswell...... For some reason I get the impression Greegan just wouldnt bother.... have no particular reason to think this and would love to be wrong

He's been considered a model pro throughout his career, except by Dennis Wise, whose opinion doesn't count, and the proprietor of a takeaway outlet in the Irish Sea. Agree that you would hope they would want to be there.

Saw Hughesie stood outside the main enterance straight after the Hartlepool game so obviously he'd been to that.

He was sat behind me and Ackey in The Main Stand on Saturday.

There are often a few "injury list" players sat in there watching. Didn't see many this week although Ashley Kelly was there too.

Someone mentioned (the non-evil) Mark Hughes a few posts back and when he was out injured (or even just not selected in the Squad) he was there week in week watching the Team.

If they make them all come, they should go through the turnstiles, would help the figures. There will be more of our squad injured than B'mouths away following tomorrow night.

Do you reckon they would boo and shout abuse such like "£20 for this you must be mad!" - "Bloody hell Eardley" " Get to the effin' line Taylor"???

Do you reckon they would boo and shout abuse such like "£20 for this you must be mad!" - "Bloody hell Eardley" " Get to the effin' line Taylor"???

No, they are very professional.

To the extend that they don't even celebrate a home goal, except with a polite applause. B)