Stevie_J

Attention Broadway Standers!  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to move to?

• Rocky Road End
    • Main Stand
    • Chaddy
    • Leave me alone, I don't even go in the NSM Stand

I'm sure the results of this poll will be fed thru to OAFC to be considered along with the survey results.

As one of those who did the poll, the impression I got was that the majority (far too many) want to go in the Main Stand.

I tend to agree with those on here - if the Lookers' singers plus a good number of others were in the RRE we have the chance to improve the atmosphere - and maybe even persuade some of the Chaddy Enders to 'come over'.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the results of this poll will be fed thru to OAFC to be considered along with the survey results.

As one of those who did the poll, the impression I got was that the majority (far too many) want to go in the Main Stand.

I tend to agree with those on here - if the Lookers' singers plus a good number of others were in the RRE we have the chance to improve the atmosphere - and maybe even persuade some of the Chaddy Enders to 'come over'.

That's kind of what I was referring to earlier Garcon. If the RRE gets a good atmosphere going, then people now in the Chaddy or the current Main stand might join them. And when those stands come down, the ones that want to make some noise would know where to go.

RRE for the good doctor!

It's a fantastic stand, the sound is good the atmosphere would pick up if they let us use it. If they did it would be interesting to see how many people from the Chaddy follow suit. The facilities are not great thou I have been accustomed to my creature comforts like a warm bar. But, Jesus when the wind blows it's straight in your face and on a nice day you cant see for being blinded by the sun. Just to get a bit of noise in the old place it would be worth opening.

Definately RRE for me. Also for most of the lads I go with. I am sure it has NOTHING to do with it having a bar :drinking66:

We (unsurprisingly) turned up at the last minute so missed the poll. Will there be another poll held?

Probably main stand for me and my dad most of the time because you just get a much better view from the side. However for big games where i wish revel in the atmosphere :drinking::drinking::drinking: I'd fancy a day in the roccy road end. So really i'd pick and choose between the main stand and the roccy depending on the game and how the atmosphere looks in the roccy. (There's no option to vote for that!)

That's kind of what I was referring to earlier Garcon. If the RRE gets a good atmosphere going, then people now in the Chaddy or the current Main stand might join them. And when those stands come down, the ones that want to make some noise would know where to go.

On my all too infrequent trips to BP I would definitely go wherever there was going to be an atmosphere. Always been a Chaddy End traditionalist and said I would never move but that was when there was an atmosphere in the Chaddy. Ideally for me there would be a mass move back to the Chaddy but as that seems unlikely I'm prepared to move.

For me if we don't pro-actively try to improve the atmosphere the crowds will continue to fall. If I was a kid going to his first match now that spark of excitement that initially got me hooked just isn't there.

I am optimistic that the forced relocation of fans will be the turning point for the BP atmosphere. I'm sure through OWTB we will arrange to group together when the time comes.

I always prefer to watch the game from the side, so it's main stand for me, but need to be able to get boundary blues in there too - if it's got to be behind the goal it would be the RRE, much better view and facilities than the chaddy. If they need to switch the small / large section, they could allocate seats in the small section and note an equivalent seat number in the large section perhaps?

RRE for me. I think it's an opportunity to turn the tide with the atmosphere. Lets get a proper group who want to make some noise together, rather than spread out the length of the Lookers and give it some. Plus, despite what Old Father Time says, the acoustics ARE better in there and we will be able to stop away teams dominating the singing.

Even though bournemouth only brought 70 odd fans (I think 11 of tose were playing!) You could still hear them singing. Nuff said about accoustics. RRE for me, but only if they will take my Lookers Seat and put it in thr RRE!! K120 if the planners are reading this. thanks.

But there is all this relocation gubbins going on, it will really annoy me when we are evicted and our faithful NSM is demolished, we get relocated to whatever stand, and then once the new NSM is built, we are forgotton and all the Mainstand people get priority to go in the new place.

But there is all this relocation gubbins going on, it will really annoy me when we are evicted and our faithful NSM is demolished, we get relocated to whatever stand, and then once the new NSM is built, we are forgotton and all the Mainstand people get priority to go in the new place.

We get first dibs on the new seats allegedly.

If they allow season tickets for the RRE, me and my dad will consider the move from the Chaddy. A lot will depend on the price, mind.

If they allow people to use their season tickets in either the Chaddy or the RRE then I think even a fair few Chaddy Enders may give it a go. There must be a significant amount that just haven't been in there and will give it a go, if only to see if it is as bad as poeple like myself reckon.

If they allow people to use their season tickets in either the Chaddy or the RRE then I think even a fair few Chaddy Enders may give it a go. There must be a significant amount that just haven't been in there and will give it a go, if only to see if it is as bad as poeple like myself reckon.

Even if it's not an either/or......... if people want to try the RRE, get your ST for there, and if you don't like it there, change it to a different stand. Easy peasy.

I remember a few seasons ago they opened the RRE to home supporters on a regular basis. I sat in the chaddy at the time but decided to move for a change. Thought it was really good. I sit in the Lookers Paddock now and will be moving to the Rocky. Its just a better atmosphere being right next to the away fans. You also realise how quiet the Chaddy End sounds when you sit in the Rocky. Away fans can hardly hear it.

I remember a few seasons ago they opened the RRE to home supporters on a regular basis. I sat in the chaddy at the time but decided to move for a change. Thought it was really good. I sit in the Lookers Paddock now and will be moving to the Rocky. Its just a better atmosphere being right next to the away fans. You also realise how quiet the Chaddy End sounds when you sit in the Rocky. Away fans can hardly hear it.

Yet some people put that for 70+ fans, Bournemouth made a bit of noise on Tuesday night. They possibly did, to those sat at the far end of the Lookers (from the Chaddy End) but acoustics or not, we couldn't hear a peep from them from the Chaddy. Infact, rarely can unless there's decent numbers. More singing...more chance of hearing. Which is why when a few hundred sing "Oh Johnnny...." or "Tommy, Tommy....." they hear and wave...despite supposedly being a vacuum where sound doesn't exist. It's all about perceptions to suit, sadly though it's usually to suit ones need to slag the Chaddy off (I don't class yourself in this, others do though). I personally think it's a lost youth, from having stood there in the past, that their dislike of the Chaddy comes from :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lol....how does that big juicy worm taste? :wink:

The main reason you can't hear the RRE is the same reason we can't hear the chaddy.... the roof.

If the chaddy sings it the noise bounces off the downward roof straight back at the chaddy and it sounds loud within the chaddy and no where else. If the Rocky sings the noise doesn't reach the chaddy because of the downward roof and is drowned out also by the loud noise within the stand (that goes no where else).

Guest oa_exile
The main reason you can't hear the RRE is the same reason we can't hear the chaddy.... the roof.

If the chaddy sings it the noise bounces off the downward roof straight back at the chaddy and it sounds loud within the chaddy and no where else. If the Rocky sings the noise doesn't reach the chaddy because of the downward roof and is drowned out also by the loud noise within the stand (that goes no where else).

:ohno: ......enter Diego to add to it :wacko::bigcry:

:ohno: ......enter Diego to add to it :wacko::bigcry:

I refer my right honorable friend to the reply which I gave on 26th January 2008 about the crowd's performance against 'Uddersfield in the Cup:

Terry, the 'twelfth man' theory is not guaranteed to work miracles on the players. Today the crowd kept trying to lift the players, but they rarely put three or four good passes together along the ground. You can't make silk purses out of sows' ears, no matter how loud you sing, and there were plenty of 'sows' out there today.

What is proved by your post and that of nealadamsheadband is that with both of you hearing all three stands in tandem/unison means there was no problem with the acoustics, so let's drop that assertion once and for all.

It was another bad day at the office - these bad days have become much too frequent - but the crowd cannot be blamed for not doing its bit towards the cause. I doubt that many of the players will have the same feeling of satisfaction about their performance.

We've flogged this subject to death, but our new members might be interested to read this thread:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11040&hl=myth

Poor acoustics my arse! :angry: There's none so deaf about hearing singers than those who will not sing!! In the words of that well-known chef.....you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, but if you don't want the yoke to be on you about not singing.....let's be 'aving you!

So how is a stand that has a downward sloping roof which reflects sound waves back so that some don't reach the pitch not have a problem with the acoustics?

Yeah if people sing then it will be loud, but it could be louder. Check out the highlights of the Blackpool play off game and you can hear who is the loudest - the Rocky.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Yeah if people sing then it will be loud, but it could be louder. Check out the highlights of the Blackpool play off game and you can hear who is the loudest - the Rocky.

And yet the reason given for the lack of atmosphere in the second leg was that there was no roof. :huh: