OWTB - OAFC Announcement

LATICS ANNOUNCE OWTB LINK-UP

0,,10337~3593706,00.jpg

Oldham Athletic are delighted to announce a ground-breaking new agreement with online fans' forum, Oh When The Blues.

Established and run by a dedicated group of Latics fans, OWTB (www.owtb.co.uk) has quickly established itself as the number one Oldham Athletic messageboard and boasts a massive -- and ever-expanding -- membership. Following months of talks, the two parties have finalised and signed a formal agreement which sees OWTB come on board as the Official Messageboard of Oldham Athletic. The new tie-up supersedes the existing OAFC Official Messageboard, which was not heavily used. All parties involved feel OWTB's user interface and moderation are a vast improvement on the previous club messageboard and represent what a fans' messageboard should be.

Under the agreement, Latics will bear the operating costs of the site and earn per-hit advertising revenue from the minimally-intrusive sites already added by web partners Perform Group. Additionally the two parties have entered into a merchandising agreement which will expand upon the current policy of club/OWTB branded merchandise being sold via both the Club Shop and OWTB.

Oldham Athletic's Press Officer, Stu Vose, commented:

"Myself and the club are absolutely delighted to tie up this new association with Oh When The Blues.

"They offer a fantastic facility to Latics fans worldwide and are keen to work together with us to drive things forward in the future.

"The link also opens up a valuable revenue stream for the club and I am confident this agreement will be beneficial for both Oldham Athletic and its thousands of supporters.

"But I am keen to stress that the club will in no way censor or dictate what is discussed on the site -- our number one priority is to make sure Oh When The Blues retains the independent and free-speaking nature which made it so popular in the first place.

"The existing management and moderation team remain unchanged and they do a fantastic job."

So, if you've not yet experienced OWTB -- our new official messageboard -- why not do so today? Signing up couldn't be easier.

Simply log on to www.owtb.co.uk or access the site via oldhamathletic.co.uk by clicking on the 'Message Board' link under the 'Fans' tab.

Then you will be validated by a member of the moderating team in order to open up the full Oh When The Blues experience.

Picture: Latics' chief executive Alan Hardy and members of the OWTB team sign the official agreement

2321001066_9f80efd0cb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LATICS ANNOUNCE OWTB LINK-UP

0,,10337~3593706,00.jpg

Oldham Athletic are delighted to announce a ground-breaking new agreement with online fans' forum, Oh When The Blues.

Established and run by a dedicated group of Latics fans, OWTB (www.owtb.co.uk) has quickly established itself as the number one Oldham Athletic messageboard and boasts a massive -- and ever-expanding -- membership. Following months of talks, the two parties have finalised and signed a formal agreement which sees OWTB come on board as the Official Messageboard of Oldham Athletic. The new tie-up supersedes the existing OAFC Official Messageboard, which was not heavily used. All parties involved feel OWTB's user interface and moderation are a vast improvement on the previous club messageboard and represent what a fans' messageboard should be.

Under the agreement, Latics will bear the operating costs of the site and earn per-hit advertising revenue from the minimally-intrusive sites already added by web partners Perform Group. Additionally the two parties have entered into a merchandising agreement which will expand upon the current policy of club/OWTB branded merchandise being sold via both the Club Shop and OWTB.

Oldham Athletic's Press Officer, Stu Vose, commented:

"Myself and the club are absolutely delighted to tie up this new association with Oh When The Blues.

"They offer a fantastic facility to Latics fans worldwide and are keen to work together with us to drive things forward in the future.

"The link also opens up a valuable revenue stream for the club and I am confident this agreement will be beneficial for both Oldham Athletic and its thousands of supporters.

"But I am keen to stress that the club will in no way censor or dictate what is discussed on the site -- our number one priority is to make sure Oh When The Blues retains the independent and free-speaking nature which made it so popular in the first place.

"The existing management and moderation team remain unchanged and they do a fantastic job."

So, if you've not yet experienced OWTB -- our new official messageboard -- why not do so today? Signing up couldn't be easier.

Simply log on to www.owtb.co.uk or access the site via oldhamathletic.co.uk by clicking on the 'Message Board' link under the 'Fans' tab.

Then you will be validated by a member of the moderating team in order to open up the full Oh When The Blues experience.

SWEET AS :censored:

Does this mean we can :censored: swear like :censored: now, Matt?! :naughty:

Edited by danoafc

Seriously folks, I think this board needs to give all and sundry a chance. I'm not sure if it is a little too close to the club and doesn't want to seem to be giving air time to those that are perhaps a little more barbed in their opinions. This isn't meant to be ultra critical of this format, I know there have been some fantastic things organised through this since its inception, just a plea to others that maybe they should realise all opinion is valid.

Other than all that above, I think we should also be able to swear :grin: .

KtF,

Derek.

Ohhh! I can see into the future.

Congrats Matt et al, will the club be in charge of censorship or are they happy to let you lot (over) officiate our posts?

I do agree with SC too.

KtF,

Derek.

Guest oa_exile
What, on here? This is the most happy clappy board around.

Things will continue the same , WE dont make it a "Happy Clappy" MB , and as far as i am aware it isnt.

Members are allowed to post their views and are not moderated on what views they post OR i have i got it all wrong Coco ?

Guest oa_exile
Ohhh! I can see into the future.

Congrats Matt et al, will the club be in charge of censorship or are they happy to let you lot (over) officiate our posts?

I do agree with SC too.

KtF,

Derek.

As it says in the OS announcement Derek , things will carry on the same , it is run by OWTB with the backing of OAFC

Great move and will help Rummy with the burden of costs etc. Does the bit I've highlighted in bold mean that, as fans, we should click on the banner advertising on OWTB to gain extra revenue for the club?

Great move and will help Rummy with the burden of costs etc. Does the bit I've highlighted in bold mean that, as fans, we should click on the banner advertising on OWTB to gain extra revenue for the club?

As I understand it, each click on any OWTBs page counts towards the amount of revenue they get in terms of sponsorship, just like the (other!) fishul site. So just keep using them both!

Guest oa_exile
Well I didn't see that one coming...all the same congrats owtb mods for making it happen. What happens to all the dosh you make from the online shop?

"All the Dosh" from the JV T's , has always gone back to OAFC we kept a small % towards the running costs of OWTB.

The OWTB T's went 100% to running the MB , we made two OWTB T's Groves & Taylor , OWTB is now 15 months old and has been running on a knife edge since day 1.