future football fans

What do people find the best way to have your own kids to follow your team?

my lad is only 14weeks but I would love to follow Oldham and hes already got the kit for when his 6mth Old.

whats best age to start to take them?, what is available for young kids at Oldham?

Cheers Michael

masonko4.jpg

my lad in his oldham coat

Shameless brainwashing is the best bet.

Looks like you've made a good start! :lol:

Speaking of which i was in Royton on Sat and there were a family making there 4 year old sing. "He plays on the left he plays on the right... blah blah ronaldo etc""

BRAINWASHING WORKS"!" lol ojoj

Looks good in that pic thought.

Cute.

Guest oa_exile
What do people find the best way to have your own kids to follow your team?

my lad is only 14weeks but I would love to follow Oldham and hes already got the kit for when his 6mth Old.

whats best age to start to take them?, what is available for young kids at Oldham?

Cheers Michael

You can sign him up for the Junior Latics Club !

Lisa posts on here and will give you the info

Just found it , it's called the >>Boundary Blues<<

Edited by oa_exile
Boundary Blues Link added

He is too young for Boundary Blues. You have to be 6 years old to be in that. He can join Chaddy's gang though. Just call into the shop or ring them to join.

Im outraged though. He is there looking a bundle of joy in his Latics coat, but there is something missing...............A Chaddy owl teddy. Sort it out :angry::grin:

Guest oa_exile
He is too young for Boundary Blues. You have to be 6 years old to be in that. He can join Chaddy's gang though. Just call into the shop or ring them to join.

Im outraged though. He is there looking a bundle of joy in his Latics coat, but there is something missing...............A Chaddy owl teddy. Sort it out :angry::grin:

I knew their was one Club for the younger Kiddies ........... anyway Owl you on commission for the Owl teddy ?

The more you post about this, the more I think you make commision!! :lol:

Guilt, pure and simple. Make them feel bad if they don't join in with your football and sings and if they show any signs of supporting anyone else. My daughter would have loved to have supported United but would've felt so bad at letting me down that she it wasn't worth it.

I wish i was on commision for Chaddys gang. :disappointed:

I think this is the short straw of the job. Twice i year i attend my gangs parties. If anyone has attended one you will know exactly what i mean when i say i spend two hours getting ten bells knocked out of me by about 50 kids. They chase me round, corner me, and batter the living crap out of me. :shock:

I dont even get an appearence fee, i do it out of my love for the club. I also dont get any sympathy off the missus when i cant walk for the next 3 days afterwards. :(

My nephew was a member of Chaddys gang from being about 2 hours old, like others have said brainwashing is the only way! My nephew is now 7 and has finally started wanting to come to latics (previously i've had to drag him there kicking and screaming!) previously his only interest in latics was chaddy but since he started playing football himself he has taken more of an interest in watching football too (he still enjoys seeing Chaddy more than us actually winning the game though!), though i fear he secretly wants to support united to have some success and to fit in with most of his friends but he would never dare admit that to me.

He has always had latics kits (home & away), chaddy owl teddys, latics footballs, coats, jumpers, posters in his bedroom - cost a bloody fortune though!!

Edited by Gemma06

I was at my son's birth and made sure I was wearing a Latics sweatshirt. Get the messaging going right from when they first open their eyes!

Quality I wonder if i can do that after all I've seen more births than most people on here (none of which were my child) and I've got more to see. Shame i can't wear Oldham scrubs, just have to make do with my Oldham key ring on my stethescope. Admittedly all it will do is give some Geordies/Mackems some soft spot for Oldham.

Edited by rudemedic

Quality I wonder if i can do that after all I've seen more births than most people on here (none of which were my child) and I've got more to see. Shame i can't wear Oldham scrubs, just have to make do with my Oldham key ring on my stethescope. Admittedly all it will do is give some Geordies/Mackems some soft spot for Oldham.

Maybe you could surreptitiously whisper "Up the Latics" in their ears?

How about this........As the baby is born, hold them upside down and smack their bottom until they cry whilst all the time whispering "this is how it feels to be a Newcastle / Sunderland fan later in life. Choose life......Choose Latics". That itself will put a message in the back of their brain for when their older to support a proper team.

Why didnt you think of this long ago? Sometimes i think people think more of their job and family than they do about our club. :wink:

First off, that baby is unbeleivably cute :)

Second, I have a cousin who grew up as a United fan (his dad supports them) but he always wanted to see live football so me and me dad started taking him to Latics. But gradually his opinions changed cos it started out as "I support United but I want to see live football" and now it's "I'm Oldham til I die" and "I'm gonna get me dad to support a proper team" :grin:

Speaking of which i was in Royton on Sat and there were a family making there 4 year old sing. "He plays on the left he plays on the right... blah blah ronaldo etc""

BRAINWASHING WORKS"!" lol ojoj

Looks good in that pic thought.

Cute.

My dad tried getting me to support United but l decided to support the Latics

Currently going about brainwashing my 2yr old niece. Pictures of the badge are a big pull for her...I've got a small badge on my coat and I was amazed the other week when she grabbed my arm and pulled me down and then grabbed the badge. She spotted it from some distance! Also showed her videos of the Everton game and she now can sing "Oldham! Oldham!" and "Tadada....Tadadadaaaa, Tadadadaaaa...Oldham!"

Yesterday, she even came up to me in the kitchen and said "I've got to show you something" then walked me into the living room where my laptop was and pointed to the owl on the badge on OWTB main page. Also Chaddy helps...took a few pictures the other week to which she's always asking to look at on my mobile and then I filmed Chaddy at the Tranmere game. All helps in the brainwashing (sadly, her dad is a Sunderland fan and he's began telling her about them.) Next up is the promise of a Chaddy toy. The experience has given me a marketing idea for the club...to which I hope to speak with a few people shortly over it.

Now....I've got a 6 day old nephew to do the same on. Although, the other day, my niece took my mobile with the Chaddy video playing and was showing it to him....hopefully as I brainwash my niece, she'll be my partner in crime to help with my nephew :grin: