Chaddy End or Rochdale Road

3 Lions

Is it time to switch?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be the better home end?

• Chaddy End to the end.
    • RRE, but what do we call the Owl?

With the redevelopment of BP starting at the end of the season, would people consider switching the home end to the Rochdale Road stand*? IIRC there was a fan vote years ago which rejected the idea, I think even myself at the time was against it. Mainly because it wasnt long after our stint in the Premiership and felt the Chaddy End was where we should be if we were to return to that level.

I just thnk that now is a good time to bring it up again, if the club were to suggest it, I wouldnt be against the idea. If we're going to have a brand new stand, then I think the 'home end' should have the better facilities.

*Although if this were to happen, I'd want the new stand to be renamed. <_<

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the redevelopment of BP starting at the end of the season, would people consider switching the home end to the Rochdale Road stand*? IIRC there was a fan vote years ago which rejected the idea, I think even myself at the time was against it. Mainly because it wasnt long after our stint in the Premiership and felt the Chaddy End was where we should be if we were to return to that level.

I just thnk that now is a good time to bring it up again, if the club were to suggest it, I wouldnt be against the idea. If we're going to have a brand new stand, then I think the 'home end' should have the better facilities.

I think for now the RRE would be better for Home fans (easy for me to say, I sit in the George Hill) but once the new Chaddy End is built that would be better, as it will have the better facilities.

From the survey I helped with on Saturday I'd say there is a chance the RRE big section will be for Home fans next year, but it's in no way a certainty!

If you want your say you have to tell the club really. Be it in the polls around the ground, the poll on here or in person/email to a member of staff at BP.

Guest sheridans_world

I also helped with the survey but the main stand came out on top for me. However, i think the large section of the RRE will go to home fans.

I think the Chaddy should be the home end when everything is finished, although I'm hoping to get into the RRE when the Lookers is being rebuilt. Bearign in mind that the Chaddy and the current Main stand will both have been relocated before its all done, I dare say a lot of people will end up staying somewhere different to where they do now.

It has to be the RRE next season, picture the scene, we play Sheffield Wednesday they will have 4,500 seats and we will have 3,500 in the Chaddy and what 1,900 in the Main Stand, thats almost 50/50 and for me that just isn't right. Not to mention in this day if you want a decent home atmosphere you need decent acoustics and I don't have to repeat it to people on here....

Good grief, here we go again.

We ARE going to have a new Chaddy End which will have better facilities than those in the RRE which will remain unchanged.

Incidentally, you should also qualify the poll by having an secondary question which asks where you currently sit.

PS; I also never cease to be amazed that it's a relatively 'new' username who periodically posts this guff. It's almost as if somebody within was trying to subconsciously keep 'stirring the pot'..........................

Edited by danoafc

PS; I also never sease to be amazed that it's a relatively 'new' username who periodically posts this guff. It's almost as if somebody within was trying to subconsciously keep 'stirring the pot'..........................

Ignore the nasty man people. We've had over 20 new users signing up already today since the announcement, they can hardly be expected to read back through 15 months worth of posts before putting something themselves.

Good grief.

Where do I normally sit? - At my desk in my office in Munich(as my profile says), thats Germany in case you didnt know.

So, as you can guess I dont get to games week in week out sadly. As to the 'new' Chaddy end, I know very little about the redevelopment plans for BP, other than the new stand thats being started on in the summer.

Yep, I'm new to the board, in fact about 2 hours new.

EDIT: I did do a search, to little avail. Thats why I posted this.

Edited by 3 Lions

Good grief.

Where do I normally sit? - At my desk in my office in Munich(as my profile says), thats Germany in case you didnt know.

So, as you can guess I dont get to games week in week out sadly. As to the 'new' Chaddy end, I know very little about the redevelopment plans for BP, other than the new stand thats being started on in the summer.

Yep, I'm new to the board, in fact about 2 hours new.

EDIT: I did do a search, to little avail. Thats why I posted this.

Well mate, all things considered im sure Dan will now forgive you. :exile:

Ignore the nasty man people. We've had over 20 new users signing up already today since the announcement, they can hardly be expected to read back through 15 months worth of posts before putting something themselves.

Why Andy, does this stuff not get posted/discussed on other boards?

And 3 Lions, I know where Munich is thanks, but you've asked others to vote - by setting up a poll (see, I can do condescending too) - these polls have a habit of getting hijacked by 'campaigners' who want the 'home end' moved to the RRE. I don't think it's unreasonable to be able to see how many of the people voting to stay/move are actually affected by the move (i.e. where they sit), no?

I suspect you'd be surprised at the amont of people who don't even sit in the Chadderton Road end who want us all moved to create a 'better' atmosphere.

It was a simple question, which do people prefer? There will always be someone who wont be happy with a poll result.

It's a redundant poll now anyway, as my question was answered in post #2. There will be a new Chaddy end, so common sense says that we'll shift over to RRE until the new Chaddy end is built. As I said, I'm not up to date with the plans, so was under the assumption that the Chaddy end was staying as it was.

Mods - You can delete this poll if you wish.

It was a simple question, which do people prefer? There will always be someone who wont be happy with a poll result.

It's a redundant poll now anyway, as my question was answered in post #2. There will be a new Chaddy end, so common sense says that we'll shift over to RRE until the new Chaddy end is built. As I said, I'm not up to date with the plans, so was under the assumption that the Chaddy end was staying as it was.

Mods - You can delete this poll if you wish.

topic with stadium info

Contains links to various bits of info re stadium redevelopment.

Edited by danoafc

3 lions - welcome to the board. :grin:

dan - time of the month is it?

As you'll see above garcon, I can be nice and helpful when required. :wink:

Not the time of the month, just fed up with this obsession that some seem to have with upping sticks to the RRE (that's not aimed at you personally 3 lions, you are just the latest in a long, long list of posters on this subject).

Edited by danoafc

As you'll see above garcon, I can be nice and helpful when required. :wink:

Not the time of the month, just fed up with this obsession that some seem to have with upping sticks to the RRE (that's not aimed at you personally 3 lions, you are just the latest in a long, long list of posters on this subject).

I don't think it's an obsession as such, just a view that for the time being at least the RRE could make a very good home end.

I'm all in favour of the 'singers' from the Lookers going in the RRE from next season. Looking ahead, this will hopefully establish the RRE as a decent temporary home for the Chaddy Enders when we get to phase two and the Chaddy End is inevitably demolished.

I do agree with others though - once the new Chaddy is built, that should return to being the main home end. However, looking at the set up at other grounds I see no reason why we should then automatically give the RRE back to the aways - keep it as a family end and give the away fans a section in the new Furtherwood Road stand!

the main reason i wanna stay in the chaddy end is the weather. i know that sounds daft but if u notice the wind and rain do manage to get under the RRE, when the away fans are there and it rains u see them all move towards the back of the stand. Also when its sunny (not often) the sun shines right onto the stand and u can see people strugglin to see. Like i said it sounds daft but thought id throw it out there.

The advantage the RRE has is the acoustics and bar but they will be sorted in the chaddy end in the redevelopment wont they.

the main reason i wanna stay in the chaddy end is the weather. i know that sounds daft but if u notice the wind and rain do manage to get under the RRE, when the away fans are there and it rains u see them all move towards the back of the stand. Also when its sunny (not often) the sun shines right onto the stand and u can see people strugglin to see. Like i said it sounds daft but thought id throw it out there.

The advantage the RRE has is the acoustics and bar but they will be sorted in the chaddy end in the redevelopment wont they.

Precisely Lazerwind - did you see the Tranny fans on Saturday? How many of them were sat in the first 10 /15 rows? :titanic:

Garcon - agree completely on the Lookers boys/girls who want to go in RRE, and about the fact that a fair proportion of Cheddy Enders will go in the RRE when the Chaddy comes down, although by that point there will be a lovely new main stand where the Lookers is now selling delicious cold beer in comfortable surroundings, so I reckon a fair few (including me) will go in there.

Precisely Lazerwind - did you see the Tranny fans on Saturday? How many of them were sat in the first 10 /15 rows? :titanic:

Garcon - agree completely on the Lookers boys/girls who want to go in RRE, and about the fact that a fair proportion of Cheddy Enders will go in the RRE when the Chaddy comes down, although by that point there will be a lovely new main stand where the Lookers is now selling delic :drinking66::drinking66: ious cold beer in comfortable surroundings, so I reckon a fair few (including me) will go in there.

arrrrgggggghhhhhh! cooooooooooooooold beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer! :drinking66:

:censored: me.....no offence post writer, but another week, another newbie, another Chaddy End or RRE vote.....

PS Regarding not expecting the PW to read old posts....fair comment...BUT...the club have run this poll again (if my memory serves right, in the last 12mths).....funny though, it comes up again when the Lookers are canvassed as to where they want to go. Can't us Chaddy Enders just be left in peace....thanks very much :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80