great result lads

4 teams joint 7th (Oldham, Tranmere, Leeds and Leyton Orient) with 53 points just two points off Walsall and Southend. There is all so Northampton playing tomarrow night with a game in hand which would give them 53 points. Brighton have 52 points with 2 games in hand. There are 8 teams fighting for 2 play-off places. Its all tense.

Quite a shambolic display from the defence at times, luckily for us Bournemouth lacked any cutting edge and didn't create anything. A better team would have made us pay.

Good result, but the defence needs sorting.

Surely you just mean Stam? Thought the other 3 were comfortable.

E4e

SHAKY

E4e

SHAKY

Eardley was solid I don't think he made any mistakes. Reuben did a couple of dodgy passes in the first half (although he didn't do that much else wrong), Lomax too and a lot of clearances were quite poor. Like they say, you only remember the mistakes which cost you.

E4e

SHAKY

Stam??? he was my man of the match, conditions were terrible especially for defenders and they didnt get a look in all night, thought they all played well at the back

Stam??? he was my man of the match, conditions were terrible especially for defenders and they didnt get a look in all night, thought they all played well at the back

Stam MOM? Not quite. Although that comical hoof of an up and under needs some kind of an award.

E4e

GTOUT

Football is a funny old game. IMO Stam was woeful tonight compared with his normal standards. too many missed headers, miskicks and general sloppyness. Hazell takes it by a mile tonight for me, although macca, as someone quite rightly points out had a good game and pushed rubes close.

Wind didnt help though tbh

The wind actually got worse just after half time. Any defenders would have struggled in those conditions. I thought Stam struggled with the conditions more than Hazell. Overall a good performance and it was a professional job well done.

Got to give McD more praise tonight. Played well but that was by not playing his usual type game. Felt he did Allott's role tonight (not intentionally, but just got the ball and played it about well for us) rather than his own role (which I find him inconsistent in but bloody good when he plays well). Gladly though, the loss of Allott was against a god-awful side that reminded me of Gillingham last season.

A player not mentioned much though who I felt played well also, is Taylor. Thought he pushed them back aplenty....does frustrate me how he cuts in so often though, but he was threatening a lot and their lad could've just seen him out instead of taking his legs for the 2nd pen.

Overall....the side was average against a poor side but that's all the was needed. For me, we must win the next 2 games to stand a chance of the playoffs as I'm not expecting much on Easter Monday at Donny (FA Cup win or not.) Interestingly though, a lot of the teams play each other shortly....White:censored:e vs Walsall is on Sky at 5.20pm on Easter Satdee and noticed a few others like Forest vs Brighton coming up etc. That's where we can benefit as we've none of those in the shake up to meet now. But those 6pts will be a massive boost if we can get them.....one game at a time, I know.....but if.....IF......we're close come April....imagine then getting Davies and Hughes back in enough time. All of a sudden getting a little interesting again....unless we blow it on Saturday!

Football is a funny old game. IMO Stam was woeful tonight compared with his normal standards. too many missed headers, miskicks and general sloppyness. Hazell takes it by a mile tonight for me, although macca, as someone quite rightly points out had a good game and pushed rubes close.

It is indeed - I thought Stam was better than his recent standards. He made his trademark two or three class interventions and his gaffes were far enough away from danger to conceded goals. I just think he either needs to play to his full potential every week or else accept that he isn't quite as good as that potential and just play like a bog standard centre half.

Geesh there awful.

Only slight concern was Crossley, again not moving to well come the end of the game. Did anyone else see Taylor spew up aswell ... after the second penalty?

Official site reports that he, Eards and Black were all ill, being sick before the game.

Credit to them for playing through that.