NSM Upper - 2nd block from the Chaddy

Sat there tonight after being given a season ticket by a mate due to a fair few being suited and booted and in the boxes. It's been a while since i've been in the upper section - can only really recall Bolton in the cup and Eyresy's game off the top of my head. Was pretty chuffed with being able to have a bet and being out of the rain but once I took my place with others in the stand - that's where the plusses stopped. At least off the pitch.

The view was pretty impressive and a few familar faces amongst the crowd. There was however, one old man sat behind me who certainly took the biscuit. Racism, Homophobia, and general abuse towards every player (Crossley taking the brunt) was constant for 90 minutes. For the opening twenty or so minutes he just grunted and got overly frustrated at every pass and decision. Then he trudged onto the abuse about Crossley and how he was 'sh*t' and despite yelling at him to kick the ball numerous times, he'd follow it up with - "f**k sake, not with snow on it again." - When Crossley got injured in the 2nd half he yelled that he should be taken off, never play for us again and to "just f*** off."

Now to the racism. I nearly spat out my hot chocolate all over neiladamsheadband in disbelief when he called Constantine a "f**kin wog." - He called everyone faggots, including the team and fans. He got a few stern looks by a few but didnt seem to think he was doing anything wrong. When the 2nd went in he didnt even celebrate and instead shouted - "you're still f**kin sh*t.". Makes you wonder why some people even bother. I intially thought he had tourettes as the outburts came rather randomly and out of the blue. By the 90. I wasnt so sure.

That brings me onto another thing about that block of the NSM. The sheer lack of excitement when we got either penalty. Infact, those of us at the front of the stand where told to sit down. I think that's the first time i've ever heard or seen anyone being told to sit down for a penalty. Not suprisingly. Most at the back of that section didnt even to stand up and celebrate. It made me feel like I had to spend the game wearing a straightjacket. I really do feel sorry for people like AlanGrovesPerm, Neiladamsheadband and others around that area who support the team and offer encouragement in the right way - as there surrounded by a bunch of moaning old b*stards who'd probably be better off staying at home and yelling at the dog.

As for the game. Not the most entertaining but job done. Two well taken penalties by Eardley and a sweetly hit free kick which saw him unlucky not to get a hattrick. Jo Kuffour upfront for them was a handful but 2nd half he did nothing of note. Lewis caused a few problems and his control is spot on. Kalala slotted in pretty well and did what was needed. Football was never going to be pretty in those conditions and cant complain. Bournemouth looked completely zapped of all confidence after the 2nd went in.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Sat there tonight after being given a season ticket by a mate due to a fair few being suited and booted and in the boxes. It's been a while since i've been in the upper section - can only really recall Bolton in the cup and Eyresy's game off the top of my head. Was pretty chuffed with being able to have a bet and being out of the rain but once I took my place with others in the stand - that's where the plusses stopped. At least off the pitch.

The view was pretty impressive and a few familar faces amongst the crowd. There was however, one old man sat behind me who certainly took the biscuit. Racism, Homophobia, and general abuse towards every player (Crossley taking the brunt) was constant for 90 minutes. For the opening twenty or so minutes he just grunted and got overly frustrated at every pass and decision. Then he trudged onto the abuse about Crossley and how he was 'sh*t' and despite yelling at him to kick the ball numerous times, he'd follow it up with - "f**k sake, not with snow on it again." - When Crossley got injured in the 2nd half he yelled that he should be taken off, never play for us again and to "just f*** off."

Now to the racism. I nearly spat out my hot chocolate all over neiladamsheadband in disbelief when he called Constantine a "f**kin wog." - He called everyone faggots, including the team and fans. He got a few stern looks by a few but didnt seem to think he was doing anything wrong. When the 2nd went in he didnt even celebrate and instead shouted - "you're still f**kin sh*t.". Makes you wonder why some people even bother. I intially thought he had tourettes as the outburts came rather randomly and out of the blue. By the 90. I wasnt so sure.

That brings me onto another thing about that block of the NSM. The sheer lack of excitement when we got either penalty. Infact, those of us at the front of the stand where told to sit down. I think that's the first time i've ever heard or seen anyone being told to sit down for a penalty. Not suprisingly. Most at the back of that section didnt even to stand up and celebrate. It made me feel like I had to spend the game wearing a straightjacket. I really do feel sorry for people like AlanGrovesPerm, Neiladamsheadband and others around that area who support the team and offer encouragement in the right way - as there surrounded by a bunch of moaning old b*stards who'd probably be better off staying at home and yelling at the dog.

As for the game. Not the most entertaining but job done. Two well taken penalties by Eardley and a sweetly hit free kick which saw him unlucky not to get a hattrick. Jo Kuffour upfront for them was a handful but 2nd half he did nothing of note. Lewis caused a few problems and his control is spot on. Kalala slotted in pretty well and did what was needed. Football was never going to be pretty in those conditions and cant complain. Bournemouth looked completely zapped of all confidence after the 2nd went in.

I sit near the front of that block. There are a fair few moaners but I've never heard anything like you describe. There is one comical old man who supplies a running commentary on the performance on the linesman in front of us. I do believe it's the best view in the ground and that's why i sit there (and easy access to the bar). In fact in the same seats for the last 20 years!

As for the lack of excitement for the penalties, I think in the first case it was because everyone was completely bemused about why it was given. Nobody around me saw why. Anyone know?

I sit near the front of that block. There are a fair few moaners but I've never heard anything like you describe. There is one comical old man who supplies a running commentary on the performance on the linesman in front of us. I do believe it's the best view in the ground and that's why i sit there (and easy access to the bar). In fact in the same seats for the last 20 years!

As for the lack of excitement for the penalties, I think in the first case it was because everyone was completely bemused about why it was given. Nobody around me saw why. Anyone know?

Push in the back on Macca?

There was however, one old man sat behind me who certainly took the biscuit. Racism, Homophobia, and general abuse towards every player (Crossley taking the brunt) was constant for 90 minutes. For the opening twenty or so minutes he just grunted and got overly frustrated at every pass and decision. Then he trudged onto the abuse about Crossley and how he was 'sh*t' and despite yelling at him to kick the ball numerous times, he'd follow it up with - "f**k sake, not with snow on it again." - When Crossley got injured in the 2nd half he yelled that he should be taken off, never play for us again and to "just f*** off."

Well Rocky, you have just described a certain old man i had a run in with. if he had a lad about 13 with him its deffo him, but thats not guarenteed. i got told he had moved his season ticket to the lookers, hope he stays there when the demolition guys move in

Blatant push in Macca's back. Stone wall penalty. Chrissy Taylors on the other hand was well won by him. The defender left his foot there for taylor to fall over. Both him and the full back he was against looked absolutely knackered at the end of the game. The full back looked relieved to be taken off...

As for Racism. You need to let a steward know. there is no place for it.....

Edited by happyterryb

Blatant push in Macca's back. Stone wall penalty. Chrissy Taylors on the other hand was well won by him. The defender left his foot there for taylor to fall over. Both him and the full back he was against looked absolutely knackered at the end of the game. The full back looked relieved to be taken off...

As for Racism. You need to let a steward know. there is no place for it.....

I sit right in the middle of that block but have never heard that bloke that you describe. However it wouldn't suprise me as there are a few serial moaners around that block.

I can assure you that we celebrated both the Penalty's and we never moan about the players. It really does frustrate me though when the moaner start.

There are some real moaners around, I personally am sick of hearing "Sort it out Sheridan!" every time a player makes a mistake.

Rcsist abuse is completely unnacceptable and should be reported to the club. I can't say I've heard any though.

I sat with Wozz in the middle and I have to say the moaning wasn't too bad but your right about lack of excitement, though I stood up for the pen, I used to sit there back in the days when we were in the 1st Division and I'm sure there used to be a bit of a good atmosphere in there i.e people up for a sing song. But these people seem to of vanished from the club

that is totally shocking,and people like that shouldnt go to watch football,i cant see why he would pay money just to have a go for 90 mins.

ok,if it was me i would report him to the club.you dont have to give your name just where you was sat and im sure they could work out the rest.there are signs up all over the place lets kick racism out of football,now i know constantine is on loan,but even so he just doesnt deserve that kind of abuse from anybody no matter how old they atre. this is 2008 not 1960's

Rocky this guy is a joke. He never stops, several times this year me and my mate have had to move coz of his constant abuse. He once shouted "ricketts you bl**k C**t and my mate had his 3 old daughter there for her first game. He was very lucky that my mate had his 3 year old otherwise i would have slapped him back to 1970 when you could get away with such comments.

Glad to hear that you made it in the end Rocky! :wink:

If you know roughly the seat number etc, PM it to me and I'll make sure the stewards in that area are aware of it.

Before last night's game, a few kids went on the pitch with t-shirts on saying 'there's no place for racism in Oldham', it's anti racism week. I have quite a few of the t-shirts left over, I'm sure I can arrange for one to be left on his seat for the next game :wink:

They do cheer the players and know a lot more about football than most fans in the ground but there is no need its a family stand so they should be thrown out why swear at the players they need encouraging not booing. There just fu*king wan*ers

Well Rocky, you have just described a certain old man i had a run in with. if he had a lad about 13 with him its deffo him, but thats not guarenteed. i got told he had moved his season ticket to the lookers, hope he stays there when the demolition guys move in

We call the guy 'care in the community' and decided he'd not had his medication last night. Never heard racist comments though.

We call the guy 'care in the community' and decided he'd not had his medication last night. Never heard racist comments though.

I was actually sat next to the man in question there was actaully 4 of us in the row. Yes Roy does have his difiiculties and I have helped him get the help he needs from the social services and jhe is currnently in the system.

In the entire 90 minutes I was sat next to him although some comments were ill placed NOT one time did he aim a racist comment at Leon if this had been the case I would have intervened as I am totally against racial abuse either in the stands or in everyday life.

Rocky I appreciate the post and I have held back but for the thread to continue in respect to racist comments being aimed at Leon it did not happen.