Cheltenham 2008 : Day Two

Day 2 Trio from me:-

2.00 - Ballymore Nov Hurdle - Group Captain (5-1)

2.35 - Royal & Sun alliance - Oscar Park (15-2)

4.00 - Coral Cup - Pyleigh Lady (40!-1)

Good luck to one and all for tommorrow

Couldn't find even a place on day one, hoping for better on day two.

2.00 Ballymore Properites Novice Hurdle.

For me, the winner is Forpadydeplasterer. I think the ground is riding soft and this horse has good form on soft and, indeed, heavy. I just think Group Captain would prefer good ground.

2.35 Sunalliance Chase.

An interesting one with plenty with good chances.

Alberta's Run has won on heavy ground, boasts course and distance form and beat a few of these last time out (Air Force One, Battle Cry, Joe Lively).

Silverburn interests me, but I'd question it's ability to stay. The closest rival to Alberta's Run, imo, will be Pomme Tieby. Another that'll act on the ground.

3.15 Champion Chase.

A thrilling looking encounter as anything could win.

Although very impressive, I don't fancy Master Minded. Not sure why, just think he's appeared from no where, had two decent runs and is suddenly favourite. I think the run of Sizing Europe should highlight what a different course Cheltenham is and how difficult it is for a horse to win here.

That in mind, dispite struggling on it's previous few outings, Voy Per Ustedes is worth serious consideration. It really loves Cheltenham.

There should be no question marks over Tamarinbleu's ability to get the trip on whatever ground.

Twist Magic was everyone's idea of the winner of this until disappointing behind Tamarinbleu, and while Tamarinbleu could again make this a test of stamina, Twist Magic is actually looking value as it's drifted to 5/1.

All in all but with no great conviction, I siding with Tamarinbleu. I think Master Minded could struggle and that VPU will go close. Twist Magic could be a really good place bet as I think it might drift further.

I ain't bothering even looking at the Coral Cup.

The 4.00 Peter O'Sullevan Chase looks tough, and I'd be tempted to look at those with experience over distance, namely Over the Creek and Beantown. I wouldn't get too involved.

The Bumper at 5.20 is again a toughy, but I going for a big outsider in Genuine Pearl @ 33s. No real confidence but this has won its last two outing impressively and is a big price.

Day 2 is abandoned due to high winds.

Very annoying. Still got ten races tomorrow and nine on Friday.

Wouldn't mind if they'd have moved two decent races to Friday (when I'm going) but they've shifted the Coral Cup. Remind me to take a pin with me.

Very annoying. Still got ten races tomorrow and nine on Friday.

Wouldn't mind if they'd have moved two decent races to Friday (when I'm going) but they've shifted the Coral Cup. Remind me to take a pin with me.

its peed me off bloody wind... these are throughbread horses were talking about not donkeys on blackpool beach... Apparently they have cancelled it for spectator safety, lame excuse if you ask me just give them all hard hats!!!

If today had of been on my mula would of been on a horse called Junior in the coral cup good e/w shout especially if you can get 4 places on him... iv just collected my 145 squid winning from Punjabi battling on into third place as well...

Hope you enjoy cheltenham on fri JimiT should be an amazing day.. who you goin for Denman or Kauto Star!?!

Edited by Davros

its peed me off bloody wind... these are throughbread horses were talking about not donkeys on blackpool beach... Apparently they have cancelled it for spectator safety, lame excuse if you ask me just give them all hard hats!!!

If today had of been on my mula would of been on a horse called Junior in the coral cup good e/w shout especially if you can get 4 places on him... iv just collected my 145 squid winning from Punjabi battling on into third place as well...

Hope you enjoy cheltenham on fri JimiT should be an amazing day.. who you goin for Denman or Kauto Star!?!

Still undecided, Davros. But I think I'm gonna stick with Kauto Star, he's the Champion and his jumping has looked miles better this year. Will be a fantastic race though.

Nicely done on Pujabi btw. I ruled it out as 5 year olds have a bad record in the race, and that places and another 5 year old wins :blink:.

Still undecided, Davros. But I think I'm gonna stick with Kauto Star, he's the Champion and his jumping has looked miles better this year. Will be a fantastic race though.

Nicely done on Pujabi btw. I ruled it out as 5 year olds have a bad record in the race, and that places and another 5 year old wins :blink:.

TBH that was the one thing that was swaying me away from him, but he is a five yr old in 9 yr olds body if you like... He aint the best horse by a long way but this one ive been watching for a while and i had e/w when he came 2nd (masive odds) last time out and the weight he was carrying against some of the horses he was running against to finnish 2nd just franked for me he is an amazing animal... so lumped on the e/w got a little worried turning for home and he only just sneaked past sublimity last yrs winner.... Punjabi is certainly one to look out for, for the future....

In the gold cup im keeping my mula in my pocket (well on a win anyway), i do think tho Kauto is a far greater horse than Denman (big hype for a horse that aint done that much) and the odds are ridiculously low for a gold cup as anything can happen so i might be inclined to pick up my E/W money on Exotic Dancer 12/1 is a cracker of a price and will easily finnish 2nd or 3rd and who knows one of the favs makes a mistake... safest and probably most profitable bet if you ask me...